Live Tweeting 'Top Chef,' Round 4

Another week, another episode of my favorite reality show of the moment (now that Runway is in shark-jumping territory over at Lifetime): "Top Chef: Las Vegas," where the VoBro rivalry is dominating the narrative arc to make some mighty fine television. OK, the level of talent this year is also partly responsible for keeping things pretty interesting.

What would another week be without another shift in Tweeting strategy from yours truly? Well, we old-media types can't help but play around with all the new-media possibilities before we settle on something that works. This week, I'm taking a cue from Chris Cillizza and The Hyper Fix to introduce WaPoFoodLive, the Twitter feed where I'll be conducting the Tweet-fest tonight. This way, don't you know, our followers on the good old WaPoFood feed (and my own personal feed) don't have to worry about either the clog or the spoilers. If you're into this live-Tweeting idea and enjoy the fun, sign up to follow me here.

As always, you can also follow the updates in the space below. catch up with all the updates after the jump.

-- Joe Yonan

1. @penwhen Thank god for BroVo. (I'll have to find another nickname next week, too.) I miss the Webelo.2 minutes ago from web in reply to penwhen

2. The Webelos live! RT @iDineDC: @WaPoFoodLive did you see them all wearing the scarf next week? #topchef5 minutes ago from TweetDeck

3. yes, because he was talking about his brother! RT @takethouFood: did bryan actually laugh/change facial expression? #topchef6 minutes ago from TweetDeck

4. Thank God I came up with another nickname (BroVo) tonight, since I lost one in Webelo. #topchef8 minutes ago from web

5. The Webelo wobbles -- AND FALLS DOWN. #topchef9 minutes ago from web

6. BroVo gets audience vote for preferred tent mate. Well, duh. #topchef10 minutes ago from web

7. I say Webelo = idiot. RT lillyjI can't tell if Mattin's arrogance is a youthful cockiness or he's just idiot w attitude. Thoughts? #topchef13 minutes ago from web

8. How much time does Mattin spend washing and ironing that scarf? Or did he pack 36 of them? #topchef15 minutes ago from web

9. Padma is wearing dream catchers from her earlobes. Where's the kokopelli? #topchef16 minutes ago from web

10. Colicchio is showing some cleavage tonight. #topchef17 minutes ago from web

11. Robin, Ron and Webelo are the bottom three. #topchef18 minutes ago from web

12. ... @bryanvoltaggio! Another win, third one. He laughs sadistically about his brother. #topchef18 minutes ago from web

13. And the winner is ... #topchef19 minutes ago from web

14. And BroVo make the top, along with Ashley and Laurine. @topchef20 minutes ago from TweetDeck

15. Did Tom choke on the kerchief, perhaps? RT @lillyj: Oh dear. Mattin you got spat out. #topchef23 minutes ago from web

16. this amex commercial starring cake love is in heavy rotation. no mention of dry cupcakes. #topchef26 minutes ago from TweetDeck

17. Two shower heads? Who said that? I MUST KNOW. #topchef27 minutes ago from TweetDeck

18. And Kevin's tequila works. So much for imagination. #topchef27 minutes ago from TweetDeck

19. Kevin is a little late with the tequila, isn't he? #topchef28 minutes ago from web

20. Ben Folds, the dark horse? I don't think so. #topchef29 minutes ago from web

21. Gail: I would feel confident camping with that man. Yep, me, too. #topchef30 minutes ago from web

22. Robin's Clorox shrimp FAIL. #topchef31 minutes ago from web

23. Ash's chicken FAIL. #topchef31 minutes ago from web

24. Uh-oh, Webelo. You're wobbling. Tom spits. #topchef32 minutes ago from web

25. Eli's tuna sandwich FAIL. #topchef33 minutes ago from web

26. Mike's Greek sandwich FAIL. #topchef33 minutes ago from web

27. Ash: I like lassoing things. Mm-hmm. With your leather whip, maybe. #topchef34 minutes ago from web

28. Could someone drive the Toyota Highlander over this coconut and then use the Glad family of products to clean it up? #topchef35 minutes ago from web

29. Does anyone have a strong wild animal I could use to open this coconut? #topchef36 minutes ago from web

30. Sword? Sword? Light saber, anyone? Flame thrower, maybe? Large tank? #topchef37 minutes ago from web

31. she's in trouble. literally. RT @lillyj: Dear Ashley, please stop saying literally at the wrong times and when it's not correct. #topchef41 minutes ago from TweetDeck

32. Bears and cougars and other sexual innuendos, oh, my! #topchef43 minutes ago from TweetDeck

33. BroVo shares a tent. Of course. #topchef43 minutes ago from web

34. Of course, the Webelo is fine. He got his badge in camping. Be prepared, Webelo! #topchefabout 1 hour ago from web

35. ashley's getting lots of face time, which continues to point to a loss tonight, IMHO. #topchefabout 1 hour ago from web

36. why are they shopping at whole foods and not wrangling up their own meat out on the range? #topchefabout 1 hour ago from web

37. natch, it's a cowboy challenge. i desperately want to see a deconstructed ranch dressing. hide that valley! #topchefabout 1 hour ago from web

38. @TheStew It's worth the wait, of course.about 1 hour ago from web in reply to TheStew

39. Quickfire win goes to Mike Isabella. 15 grand richer. @chefvoltaggio dogs him a little. #topchefabout 1 hour ago from web

40. Mike gets props, looks like he's headed for the quickfire win. #topchefabout 1 hour ago from web

41. The Webelo knows: Add tequila. Score. #topchefabout 1 hour ago from web

42. Ooh. Tim Love's "Thank you" to @bryanvoltaggio was a little brutal. #topchefabout 1 hour ago from web

43. Kevin's under-eye area looks amazingly bright. #topchefabout 1 hour ago from web

44. Did I see a smear of Pepto Bismol on a plate? Now, THAT's thinking ahead! #topchefabout 1 hour ago from web

45. The Webelo pronounces cactus as if it has a few r's in it. #topchefabout 1 hour ago from web

46. The cowboy chef rides into the kitchen. readers choose quickfire ingredient: cactus wins. Where's Rick Bayless? #topchefabout 1 hour ago from TweetDeck

47. Uh-oh, Ashley. The I-miss-my-family segments usually portend victory or pack-your-knives. Don't think you'll win, so ... #topchefabout 1 hour ago from TweetDeck

48. Was Kevin just putting under-eye concealer on? Wouldn't have made him for a guy-liner kind of guy. #topchefabout 1 hour ago from TweetDeck

49. Does @chefvoltaggio (mike) go into a tanning booth before every confessional? #topchefabout 1 hour ago from TweetDeck

50. I think Kevin may need a beard-net when he cooks. Wouldn't that be more up to health code? #topchefabout 1 hour ago from TweetDeck

By Joe Yonan  |  September 16, 2009; 8:47 PM ET