Live Tweeting 'Top Chef,' Round 5

After weeks of trying different strategies for my experiments in the live tweeting of "Top Chef: Las Vegas," I think I found the one that works. Tonight at 10, I'll be tweeting my snarkiest best, complete with nicknames old (BroVo = the Brothers Voltaggio; Webelo = Mattin) and new (Perhaps Kevin is Scruffy, Eli is Squiggy and Jennifer is Saucy?). And I'll do it from the comfort of a new Twitter feed, @WaPoFoodLive. That way I can clog the feed and post spoilers to my heart's content, knowing that only the forewarned will be playing along.

As always, follow in the space below or catch up afterward.

-- Joe Yonan

1. Thank God, and thank Eric Ripert, it's Ron. Please pack your sword and go. #topchef6 minutes ago from HootSuite

2. The "Barthelona" thing reminds me of SNL sketch with Jimmy Smits, where PC recruiters promised to take him to see "Brrrrrrroncos."7 minutes ago from HootSuite

3. Nope. Friar Scruffy won Week 1. RT @DomoCusimano: Is this the first time a voltaggio hasnt won? #topchef8 minutes ago from HootSuite

4. There is a big difference between saying "Barthelona" and "pie-AY-uh." Toby's earning his DB status. #topchef11 minutes ago from HootSuite

5. If Ron doesn't go, there is no God. There might not even be an Eric Ripert. #topchef12 minutes ago from HootSuite

6. Uh-oh. Ash demonstrates that he doesn't know what he did wrong. #topchef14 minutes ago from HootSuite

7. Forget a stage with Joel Rubuchon -- I got my nonstick! #topchef16 minutes ago from HootSuite

8. I'm so sure Friar Scruffy's just unbelievably psyched to get that Calphalon Unison nonstick cookware. #topchef16 minutes ago from HootSuite

9. ... Friar Scruffy! #topchef17 minutes ago from HootSuite

10. And the winner is ... #topchef17 minutes ago from HootSuite

11. BroVo (Ice) shut out. #topchef18 minutes ago from HootSuite

12. It's Friar Scruffy, Saucy, BroVo (Fire) and Ben Folds. #topchef18 minutes ago from HootSuite

13. Flan is creme brulee's soggy sister. #topchef19 minutes ago from HootSuite

14. Flan is panna cotta's homeless cousin. #topchef20 minutes ago from HootSuite

15. Toby is like soup that's been left overnight. #topchef23 minutes ago from HootSuite

16. Friar Scruffy's dish looks just incredible. Man. #topchef24 minutes ago from HootSuite

17. Friar Scruffy. That's his name. #topchef25 minutes ago from HootSuite

18. No soccarat = no paella. #topchef25 minutes ago from HootSuite

19. I'm not bothering to come up with a nickname for Ron, because, well ... #topchef26 minutes ago from HootSuite

20. Padma is on a see-food diet. #topchef27 minutes ago from HootSuite

21. Roby Young isn't "very, very British," unless you mean "British" equals DB, and I don't. #topchef28 minutes ago from HootSuite

22. God, ditto. Amen. RT @TheStew: Dear God, It's me, Jeff. Can Teller do an entire season of #topchef? Please? Amen. #topchef29 minutes ago from HootSuite

23. Teller says more than Toby, without speaking. #topchef29 minutes ago from HootSuite

24. Penn/Teller smack down Toby. Nice. #topchef31 minutes ago from HootSuite

25. Ooh, BroVo (Fire): That "Caesar" looks damn good. #topchef32 minutes ago from HootSuite

26. Scruffy has a bald spot. Obviously that's what he's compensating for with the beard. #topchef33 minutes ago from HootSuite

27. Reconstructed: Joan Rivers. RT @TheStew: TIme For Visual Metaphors, Kids: Constructed: Padma. Deconstructed: Ashley. #topchef35 minutes ago from HootSuite

28. Truly deconstructed food would just be a collection of raw ingredients. I'd like to see somebody do that. #topchef37 minutes ago from HootSuite

29. First I'd deconstruct, then I'd reconstruct. Then again. Oh, yeah. RT @lillyj: I'd like to deconstruct me some Tom. HI-YOOOO! #topchef39 minutes ago from HootSuite

30. Laurine needs to get out of her funk and get a brush. #topchef41 minutes ago from HootSuite

31. For the first time in her life, Saucy plays hard to get. #topchef43 minutes ago from HootSuite

32. Ash going for textures and flavors and stuff. Look out. #topchef44 minutes ago from HootSuite

33. A duct-taped pressure cooker. Smart. #topchefabout 1 hour ago from HootSuite

34. To deconstruct the paella, I'm going to ... garnish it? Maybe he needs a sword. #topchefabout 1 hour ago from HootSuite

35. Scruffy is worried about BroVo. I would be, too. #topchefabout 1 hour ago from HootSuite

36. Scruffy (Kevin), Squiggy (Eli) and Saucy (Jennifer). #topchefabout 1 hour ago from HootSuite

37. @penwhen I think @Bryanvoltaggio understands me. Besides, this is the last week for Webelo jokes, I'm sure. #topchefabout 1 hour ago from HootSuite in reply to penwhen

38. Aren't fish and chips already deconstructed? #topchefabout 1 hour ago from TweetDeck

39. Squiggy is jealous of cancer. #topchefabout 1 hour ago from TweetDeck