The transition gets going
Maryland Gov.-elect Martin O'Malley (D) yesterday introduced a 42-member transition steering committee to help him prepare to take office in January. Here is a list of those serving, with biographical snippets that were provided by O'Malley's staff:
* Shannon Avery, Chair, Legislation and Political Action Committee of the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, & TransgenderCommunity Center of Baltimore & Central Maryland.Â She is also an Assistant Attorney General.Â
* George Beall, Partner, Hogan & Hartson LLP
* Richard O. Berndt, Managing Partner, Gallagher Evelius & Jones LLP
* Dwayne Brown, Partner, Harbor Law Group, Inc.
* John Coale, Lawyer
* Veronica Cool, Vice President, Wachovia Bank, Board of Directors of the Baltimore Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.
* Michael Cryor, President, The Cryor Group
* Patricia Cushwa, United States Parole Commission
* Dr. Kamala Edwards, Montgomery Community College
* Pat Foerster, Former President, Maryland State Teachers Association.
* T. Eloise Foster, Former Secretary of the Maryland State Department of Budget and Management
* Donald C. Fry, President, Greater Baltimore Committee; Former State Senator
* Quincy Gamble, 1199 SEUI
* Gary Gensler, Treasurer of the Baltimore Museum of Art
* Joseph Haskins, Jr., Chairman, President and CEO, Harbor Bank
* Frank Heintz, Former PSC ChairmanÂ
* Bel Leong-Hong, Asian American Action Fund
* Harry Hughes,Â Former Governor of Maryland
* Jon Laria, Partner, Ballard, Spahr, Andrews & Ingersoll
* Bruce Lee, Vice President, General Counsel, TissueGene, Inc.
* H. Jeffrey Leonard, Ph.D., President and Co-Founder, Global Environment Fund
* Terry Lierman, Chair, Maryland Democratic Party
* Tim Maloney, Attorney, Former Member of the Maryland House of Delegates
* Fred Mason, President of the Maryland Sate and District of Columbia AFL-CIO
* Diane Bell McKoy, Chief Executive Officer for the Associated Black Charities in Baltimore.
* Kweisi Mfume, Former President/CEO of the NAACP.Â Former five-term Maryland Congressman.
* Glen Middleton, President, AFSCME, Maryland Council 67
* Doug Nelson, President, Annie E. Casey Foundation
* Rev. Dr. Frank M. Reid III, Senior Pastor Bethel AME Church, Baltimore
* Manervia Riddick, Chair, Strategic SolutionsCenter
* Wayne Rogers, President, President, Synergics Inc.
* Stephen H. Sachs, Former Maryland Attorney General
* Dr. Steven S. Sharfstein, President and CEO, Sheppard Pratt Health System
* James L. Shea, Chair, Venable
* Michael P. Smith, Attorney, Bodie Nagle Attorneys At Law
*Lucie Snodgrass, Deputy Campaign Manager for O'Malley/Brown
* Richard Stewart, President and CEO, Montgomery Mechanical Services, Inc.
* Gustavo Torres, Executive Director, CASA de Maryland, Inc.
* Peggy Watson, Former Finance Director, Baltimore City Government
* Rev. Jonathan Weaver, Senior Pastor, Greater Mt. Nebo AME Church
* Gregory K. Wells, Partner, Shadoan, Michael, & Wells LLP
* Karen White, National Political Director, Emily's List
Posted by: Rufus | November 17, 2006 1:29 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: BG from PG | November 18, 2006 10:22 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: Rufus | November 20, 2006 8:20 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: Rufus is a racist | December 2, 2006 1:21 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.