Mikulski on MD4: Whoa

Rosalind Helderman

Interviewed by Mark Seagraves on WTOP this morning, U.S. Sen. Barbara A. Mikulski (D-MD) pointedly declined to endorse either candidate in the race for Congress in Maryland's 4th Congressional District, which includes parts of Montgomery and Prince George's County.

Many other members of Congress, including U.S. Rep. Steny H. Hoyer (D-Md.) and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) are backing the reelection of eight-term incumbent U.S. Rep. Albert R. Wynn (D-Md.).

On the program to discuss her support for fellow Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY), Mikulski was queried about the heated race between Wynn and Fort Washington attorney Donna F. Edwards.

"Whoa--that is going to be a race to the finish," Mikulski said.

"Your pick?" asked Seagraves.

"I'm just focusing on Hillary," Mikulski responded. "That's a big enough job."

By Rosalind Helderman  |  February 8, 2008; 10:10 AM ET
Categories:  Rosalind Helderman
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Ehrlich Promises Strong Md. Support for McCain
Next: Hillary's Maryland Ads

Comments

That's the smart answer and the right answer. Pelosi and the others should have stayed out of a contested primary like this one. Now, if Mikulski would only see the light on giving immunity to the spying telephone companies...

Posted by: abrodsky | February 8, 2008 12:08 PM | Report abuse

Mikulski has gotten most of her contributions out of state, just like Edwards.

Posted by: Not a marylander | February 8, 2008 12:09 PM | Report abuse

Good thing Albert's contributions are from all those PACs. Yup, they are from .... NOT Maryland.

How come no one notices that???

Wynn wins if he plants a seed of doubt in voters mind. Wynn is the same old DINO. Takes out of state corporate PAC money and talk a good game in state. But he is the same politician he was prior to 2006.

Go Donna! She is the winning candidate.

Posted by: I'm a Marylander | February 8, 2008 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Mikulski is a hooved troll and should go back beneath the bridge from which she came.

Posted by: Anonymous | February 8, 2008 6:53 PM | Report abuse

I reside in this congressional district and am disgusted by the negative campaigns of Edwards and Wynn. My phone answering machine and postal mail box hold the received pollution from both campaigns. How will I vote? Tonight, I'd say I will vote against whichever of the two sends me another attack mailer or automated telephone nastygram closest to the time I walk over to my polling place. If "none of the above" were on the ballot, I'd choose it. We deserve a better than this.

Posted by: Bob | February 8, 2008 10:19 PM | Report abuse

Those going to the polls in P.G. county should remember in 2010 that Mikulski refused to endorse Obama.

Posted by: Why not Obama? | February 8, 2008 10:46 PM | Report abuse