Obama to Campaign in College Park on Monday

Illinois Sen. Barack Obama is bring his campaign for the Democratic presidential nomination to the University of Maryland in College Park on Monday.

Obama will appear at a "Stand for Change" rally at Cole Field House, Campus Drive. The doors open at 10:30 a.m.
The event is free and open to the public, but the Obama campaign encourages an RSVP at my.barackobama.com/collegepark.

By Anne Bartlett  |  February 7, 2008; 5:29 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Donna Edwards Endorses Obama Too
Next: Winners and Losers

Comments

Go Barack!

Posted by: Terps for Obama | February 7, 2008 6:28 PM | Report abuse

Where is the information about Hillary Clinton's rally in Annapolis tomorrow (Friday 2/8? Senator Clinton, Senator Mikulski and Govenor O'Malley will be @ the government offices @ Lawyer's Mall from noon until 3:00. Please play fair and put up this information also.

Posted by: Linn | February 7, 2008 7:38 PM | Report abuse

yaaaay!!! can't wait to see him. obama 2008!!!!!

Posted by: dcgirl | February 7, 2008 8:11 PM | Report abuse

Go Obama! I wish that I was in Maryland so I could go see him.I wish I could meet the guy and sit down and talk to him. He is so intelligent, straightforward and honest. He really gets me excited that we finally have a man running for president that can get people to get excited enough that they would force the politicians to stand up to the special interests. I am 58 and I was just a young boy of ten when Kennedy was elected, but he never got people motivated like this.

Posted by: majorteddy | February 7, 2008 8:41 PM | Report abuse

What is Obama's campaign not using his sister who is Asian, married to an Asian and speaks fluent spanish campaign for him in CA & Texas? Big mistake! She even looks Spanish. In addition, his record of immigration is far superior to Hillary's

Posted by: Suleiman | February 7, 2008 8:53 PM | Report abuse

You have the wrong campaign, suleiman. The Clintons use people. We participate in the Obama campaign.

Posted by: majorteddy | February 7, 2008 9:02 PM | Report abuse

I hope that Obama supporters will take the time to read this. It seems that Obama has taken money from Exelon execs and LIED to the people in Iowa during his campaign about legislation that he supposedly passed.

Posted by: A voter in VA | February 7, 2008 9:42 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Susan9 | February 7, 2008 9:59 PM | Report abuse

Will the former DC Mayor Barry be stumping for Obama in MD too, or is he saving his heavy hitter just for DC?

Pass the crack pipe!

Posted by: Rob | February 7, 2008 10:27 PM | Report abuse

Gosh, I am shocked by the "voter in VA" above, dissing Obama for doing what was necessary to get a regulatory bill thru the Republican Senate. Fortunately, not all the candidates have such a steller record as Hillary, who acknowledged voting FOR the 2001 anti-consumer bankruptcy bill while "hoping it wouldn't pass". Maybe she thought these poor debtors could recover by having a special friend turn $3,000 into $100,000 in instant commodities trading like she did, How sweet is that baby!

Posted by: R.C. Fillmore | February 7, 2008 10:55 PM | Report abuse

Turns out that the news about Hillary Clinton donating $5 million of her own money while her senior staffers faced a loss of their paychecks may be just a ploy to win sympathy, again.

At first, the news of Hillary's financial difficulties struck me as odd, but not because her outside funds were drying up.

After all, Barack Obama is showing us all that Hillary can't even win a fixed fight, and "smart" money is not, well, dumb.

Still I asked myself, how was it that someone of once modest means who claimed to have worked tirelessly for 35 years ("fighting for YOU!") in the notoriously badly-paid public interest sector had become so wealthy?

Sure there's been some financial scandals.

And as the late Sen. Everett Dirksen used to say, "A million here, a million there --it adds up to real money."

But why focus on the negative? What does the skelton of a scandal or six rattling around in your closet matter, when you have so much experience and a well-tested finger to the wind?

Then, suddenly, a tune entered my head and I thought, maybe if I offered a tailored version of it to the Clinton campaign, they'd use it to replace that awful Celine Dion song that used to be Hillary's campaign anthem.

(Ya know, 99.999 percent of those recently surveyed also say they prefer the Obama Girl to that uni-sex Hillary Eunuch that popped up trying to imitate her.)

Anyway, compensation shouldn't been a problem, if the most recent report that Hillary is back in the pink of financial health is true.

For sure, I wouldn't ask what account at Clintons, Inc. the money came from, or which lobbyist forked it over.

(I'm sure if it was the latter it was in a gesture of sheer generosity--why think evil of people, K Street lobbyists have hearts too, no?

(After all, wasn't it those caring medical insurance lobbyists who hired that nice couple, Harry and Louise?)

If you ask me, it's like Bill with that race card thing. How unfair those critics, who you can be sure all belonged to that Vast Rightwing Conspiracy! (And how slick he was, no? ;D )

Always leave just a little wiggle room, small enough to fit the word "is" through. (Or a cigar.)

Anyway, remember that girls' song, "It's My Party," written by Wally Gold, John Gluck and Herb Weiner and recorded by Lesley Gore?

Well how about this version for HRC?

IT'S MY (DEMOCRATIC) PARTY

Nobody knows where my Bill has gone
Monica (Gennifer/Kathleen/Paula/etc.) left the same time
Why was he holding her/their hand(s)
When he's supposed to be mine?

It's my Democratic Party, and I'll cry if I want to
Cry if I want to, cry if I want to
You would cry too if it happened to you
(For that's what victims do-o-o-o).

Playin' my constituents, flip-flopping like a Wallenda,
Leave me alone for a while
'Till Bill's dancin' with me
I've got no reason to smile

It's my Democratic Party, and I'll cry if I want to
Cry if I want to, cry if I want to
You would cry too if it happened to you.

(lead break)
Monica (Gennifer/Kathleen/Paula/etc.) and Bill just walked through the door
Like a queen(s) with her/their king
Oh what a Dogpatch surprise
Monica (Gennifer/Kathleen/Paula/etc.) is/are wearin' his ring(s)

It's my Democratic Party and I'll cry if I want to
Cry if I want to, cry if I want to
You would cry too if it happened to you. ...

Posted by: Martinedwinandersen | February 7, 2008 11:16 PM | Report abuse

Oh Please. Anyone who supports Hillary is literally giving a vote for the Republican Party. If she gets nominated, trust me... it will result in a McCain presidency. The Clintons have so much baggage from the 1990s, no one will mobilize the Republican conservative base more than Hillary.

If Obama wins, the Republican conservative base will give the cold shoulder to McCain and will stay home on election day.

Furthermore, it is amazing how different Hillary and Obama are when they talk. Obama seems genuine, Hillary always makes it seems she is driven by polls. She tells you want you want to hear. She is a pure 100% politician. Obama on the other hand, has the youthful unique energy that our country needs right now.

Posted by: Daniel Blumenthal | February 8, 2008 12:18 AM | Report abuse

Heck yes Daniel. All those young voters signing up will be completely disillusioned if Obama doesn't get the nod and likely disengage in large numbers from politics. The democratic party needs that revitalization - they need to think about the future.

Posted by: Jay | February 8, 2008 12:43 AM | Report abuse

I acknowledge that Hillary is both intelligent and hard working. But she breathes politics, marries politics and lives politics with only ambition but not vision. A NH voter was saying that Bush has left such a mass, we really need "mother earth" to clean it up. You are not going to find "Mother Earth" in Hillary, you will have more luck finding it in McCain!

Obama 2008

Posted by: standinghigh | February 8, 2008 12:52 AM | Report abuse

Since when did the Post start helping candidates collect e mail addresses of potential supporters as it is doing in this posting?

Posted by: Post is an email collector | February 8, 2008 8:19 AM | Report abuse

Daniel is right. Hillary is always ducking the questions during debates. She poses than says what she believes voters want to hear. Ufortunately, the moderator never reminds her what was the question. And, while people agree that the Clintons are liers, they believe what Hillary says. When "she was" in the White House she had the opportunity to get done what she preaches now.

Posted by: Adam | February 8, 2008 9:59 AM | Report abuse

Hillary Clinton says she'll release her tax returns if she becomes the Democratic nominee. That's like not getting to look at a house until you already own it, or having to wait to try on a dress until you buy it. Unfortunately, we can't take back the nominee the way we return a dress.

VOTERS TO HILLARY: Tell us what we need to know BEFORE we go to the polls.

Posted by: valerie james | February 8, 2008 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Will America Reject Experience and "Gamble" on Change?

If we accept Change, and Barack Hussein Obama fails, it would be a total disaster. A DECADE of FAILURES!

BTW: Our President will have to get us out of the recession, too.

Posted by: PDC | February 10, 2008 12:03 AM | Report abuse