Clinton Family Campaigns in Md.

By LISA REIN and LORI ARATANI
Washington Post staff writers

Starting a full schedule of campaigning for his wife in Maryland, former President Bill Clinton asked a crowd of 500 African-Americans at a church in Prince George's County this morning to "pray and do what you think is right" in Tuesday's Democratic primary.

Their daughter Chelsea Clinton also appeared in Maryland. At the University of Maryland in College Park, a crowd of about 100 gathered in the student union to see the former first daughter emphasize her mother's fiscal responsibility and experience.

Bill Clinton told the congregation in Upper Marlboro that while he understands the difficult choice voters face between New York Sen. HIllary Clinton and Illinois Sen. Barack Obama, his wife offers the country "a lifetime of trying to help people who need help."

"I love this election because you don't have be against anybody," Clinton said from the pulpit during 11 a.m. services at Greater Mt. Nebo AME Church. "We've all been in elections where we voted for one person just to keep someone else from being elected... I don't feel that way."

The comments reflected a calmer, more conciliatory face of the former president, whose statements about Obama as Clinton campaigned for his wife in South Carolina last month made many Democrats uneasy. Obama has strong support in Prince George's, a majority black county.

Clinton did not mention his wife's rival by name. But he said he understood the difficult choice black voters face between two history-making candidates.

"All my life I've wanted to vote for a woman for president," Clinton said, describing the struggles of his late mother to put him through school on the salary from a low-paying job. And as a child of the segregated South, he said, "All my life I've wanted to vote for an African-American president"

"Some days I wake up, even as convicted as I am, saying, 'Why did God give us this choice?' " Clinton said. "I know it's not easy.Do what you think is right." The congregation rose to its feet in applause.

The former president also has appearances scheduled today in Catonsville, Baltimore, and Silver Spring's Leisure World retirement community.

At the University of Maryland, 27-year-old Chelsea Clinton began many of her statements with the phrase "I'm proud of my mother because...."

Students, many of whom were uncommitted and leaning towards Barack Obama, said they were impressed.

"I thought she was much more straightforward than her mother," said Headley Jacobs, 25, a graduate engineering student.

Added Leah Pike, 23, also an engineering grad student, "Chelsea said what she needed to say."

Pike said she is still on the fence and plans to attend Obama's event tomorrow at the Comcast Center.

Chelsea Clinton, who also attended church services in the District this morning, took more than a dozen questions on issues ranging from global warming to Social Security.

She drew hardy applause from the crowd when she outlined what her mother would do to make college more affordable.

After the hour-long question-and-answer session, she posed for pictures, including a snap shot with Nandini Jammi, 19 a marketing major and Churchill High School in Potomac who wrote the first daughter a limerick.

"When I was a girl I saw Bill
Run for president with skill.
Now Hillary is awesome.
as executive she'll blossom.
So for you Chelsea, Capitol Hill?"

By Lisa Rein  |  February 10, 2008; 1:28 PM ET
Categories:  2008 Potomac Primary
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: O'Malley, Kaine Square Off on "This Week"
Next: Kennedy, O'Malley Push For Candidates In MoCo

Comments

The choice between the old and new, the tried and the true

Posted by: Amy | February 10, 2008 3:57 PM | Report abuse

I wish the media would report more fairly on the two candidates and not be so obviously enamored with Obama. In my opinion, the media made Edwards' campaign fail by virtually ignoring his entire run. I believe Hillary, too, is not getting a fair shake in the press -- surprise, surprise, considering all the scrutiny the Clintons had to endure during Bill's presidency. I work for the media and I'm ashamed at how partisan they are.

Posted by: IM | February 10, 2008 4:22 PM | Report abuse

I,totally agree the Media is biased as I see it and have been since the get-go for BaRACK OBAMA ,never fully giving any of the previous canidates a chance . They did the very same thing when G. W. Bush ran he could do no wrong. I am a woman and I support Senator Hillary Clinton not because she's a woman but because she wants to do the country right. Senator Edwards would also have made a very fine President.I think Obama needs more experience . Everyone saw what happened to our country when someone Needed MORE EXPERIENCE.But I guess Obama is ok he just needs more experience .

Posted by: Naomi From TX | February 10, 2008 4:41 PM | Report abuse

The history of Bill and Hillary's dedication to the democratic course and to help the minorities speak for themselves. Obama used the black issue and try to cast shadow in people's mind that Bill and Hillary are not the friends of the blacks is below disgust. The media has been really easy on Obama. The same media has been pretty much mute in questioning the wisdom of the war in an atmosphere of fear to be labelled unpartiotic. Yet the same media very excited in over-analyzing every move, every words of the Clintons, most of time in an effort to attack. Stand up, real and fair journalism. No more commercial journalism. No more interest group controlled journalism. BTW, I salute this article as one of the few unbiased, nothing like "analyzing Clinton's tactics, motive, etc". Those sensational only undermine the great leaders and doesn't do anything to help solve many of the country's foundamental problems. I am independent for Hillary. I will only consider Obama if he's more forthcoming on what change? why's good for the country? what's the plan for the change? and how he can deliver the change?

Posted by: jerryh1 | February 10, 2008 5:09 PM | Report abuse

Hillary has had too many years and too much experience doing what is best for herself. After 8 years of the Bill and Hillary show and 8 years of George W. Bush we need to be smart and vote for our own interests and elect someone who actually has the interests of the country as their objective. What is best for Hillary and Bill is not the same as what is best for America. Elect Senator Obama. He is the future.

Posted by: NewEra | February 10, 2008 5:12 PM | Report abuse

How can Clinton's health care bill be fiscally responsible. Where is the money coming from? Obama was in the state legislature 4 years ago. JFK was in Congress 14 years before being elected President.

Posted by: Pocketbookbook vs Experience | February 10, 2008 5:14 PM | Report abuse

I keep hearing the proud Senator from Illinois needs more experience. Hum, Abe Lincoln (another Illinois senator) only had two (2) years experience before he was elected. I guess if the country thought that way back then, black people would still be slaves....

Posted by: carolinaredbone | February 10, 2008 5:18 PM | Report abuse

Obama had the experience to recognize the folly of Iraq, and express it at political peril to himself. Integrity. And you won't be able to show one quote from Obama "playing the race card". I can post links to videos showing the Clinton's and their staff making it an issue, and attacking Obama's chatacter. But now they have changed their strategy, since the first one backfired. I had tremendous respect for Bill Clinton's work of the last few years, until he became a world-class panderer.

Posted by: timh | February 10, 2008 5:26 PM | Report abuse

If the mid-class African Americans in DC area still vote overwelmingly for Obama, it is really sad. PG county is the only place in the country where people of different colors live peacefully together. Even though the crime rate is still high, it is really the problem of incompetent county police. I hope the blacks in PG county would break the racial prejudice that has been displayed all over the country and vote for their own future.

Posted by: Josh | February 10, 2008 5:45 PM | Report abuse

Atlast, I found one of the optimistic article in the media. Hats Off to the author.

Posted by: Jesse | February 10, 2008 5:50 PM | Report abuse

I totally agree. After Clinton said shame on you to the reporters for covering dirt on him the press made it there mission not to cover him in a good light.

To make the clinton look bad. I used to like Obama and now still undecided but the press is nasty and has no morals. They take filth comments and twist the trugh. They tend to cover just one person Obama never covering the clintions.

I really liked what the clintons did for our country and how they really helped many people. To treat a former president somone who was so well liked in that fashino is discustg.

So I agree with the people here how nasty the press is to the clintons.

My decision is undecided still but after this mess I might just go for Clinton.

I tend to like what is not in style right now.

Posted by: Press is one sided | February 10, 2008 6:21 PM | Report abuse

Obama cannot beat McCain in the General Election. Why?

Because Obama has too many questionable episodes in his past.

The Trinity Church Obama was married to Michelle in, years ago, and the church where his pastor Wright gave a sermon entitled "The Audacity of Hope," is the pastor of Obama's radical church.

That church is pro-black and anti-isreal that supports "divestment," and there was an article, "How Barack Obama learned to love Israel."

After Obama decided to run for the presidency, he would not let Wright attend any of his political functions. Wright said,"a lof of his Jewish support would dry up quicker than a snow ball in Hell."

The media will not vet Obama. So I have been doing some research, because we, the people, are going to have to vet Obama ourselves, or wait until McCain does it in the fall.

All that, which is frightening if you read the doctrine of the Trinity Church - it is all about being pro-black, nothing about unity with white people. They are unashamedly supporting and protecting "their mother land," and their doctrine emphasises spreading their doctrine in every black church, every black home, every black school, and so on.

They seem to rever wealth, education and, in my opinion, look down on blacks that don't seek wealth and education.

It is a very aggressive, pompous, arrogant church and is very radical.

I am not a Clinton operative. I just don't want my 18 year old grand daughter to be inducted in McCain's army if McCain is elected.

Hillary is our only chance to keep McCain out of the White House. Obama will not be able to withstand the scrutiny that surely will come when McCain is the nominee. gw.

Posted by: Iowatreasures | February 10, 2008 6:23 PM | Report abuse

Obama = Carter 2.0
Clinton = Clinton 2.0

The chose is clear.
Clinton was a better president
People dont really understand that once in office all this jargon Obama is saying wont actually happen.

Posted by: Sally | February 10, 2008 6:25 PM | Report abuse

I believe REzko is financing this Obama campaign. Go ahead, read up on Rezko/Obama's 17 year friendship/relationship.

Obama wrote letters on his Illinois State Senate letterhead on behalf of Rezko to state and city officials that netted Rezko fourteen million dollars ($14,000,000) in taxpayer monies paid to Rezko.

Obama sat in on Rezko business deals to influence potential investors for Rezko.

Obama purchased a 1.9 million dollar mansion that he and Michelle wanted but couldn't afford, the same day that Rezko's wife purchased an inaccessible, vacant lot adjacent to the Obama mansion. Obama got $300,000 knocked off the purchase price of his mansion that day. Later, after REzko was indicted by the federal government, Obama purchased that same inaccessible vacant lot next to Obama's mansion for $110,000.

While Rezko was giving fundraisers for Obama in Rezko's mansion, Rezko's tenants in his slumlord housing were going without heat for the winter.

It doesn't take much imagination to believe that Rezko is buying this presidential election for Obama.

Rezko is a Syrian - an Arab. Rezko receives huge amounts of money from people in the middle east.

I don't want Obama, with pals like Rezko, to have the keys to the White House and access to our nuclear arsenal. Especially now that I am learning Obama's church is anti-Israel and believes in "divestment." Look up "divestment' on Google and it will take you to a list of descriptions, one of which is directly speaking about Obama, his church, and divestment. Also, there is an article upon further digging about "How Barack Obama Learned to Love Israel.

Since Obama began running for the presidency, his pastor Wright, pastor of almost 20 years, is no longer allowed to attend any of Obama's political functions.

Wright said, "a lot of his (Obama's) Jewish support would dry up quicker than a snowball in Hell." gw.

Posted by: Iowatreasures | February 10, 2008 6:36 PM | Report abuse

GOOD GOING CHELSEA. STAND UP AND BE PROUD OF WHO YOU ARE AND WHO YOUR MOM IS!

THAT GOOD FOR NOTHING WHO TRIED TO SMEAR YOU AND YOUR MOM IS NOT A REPORTER, HE IS A BAG OF TRASH! AND BELONGS IN A TRASH BIN WITH ALL THE OTHER LOUD DIRTY MOUTHED, DISGUSTING PEOPLE MAKING FOOLS OF THEMSELVES, AT THE EXPENSE OF DECENT PEOPLE. IT JUST DOESN'T WORK.

Posted by: LOONYBIN2000 | February 10, 2008 6:55 PM | Report abuse

You people are running scared. Why don't you all use "Willie Horton" or maybe show a connect between Obama and the worse "Black" criminal you can think of.

It is not working, the Politics of Fear is DEAD.

Americans are choosing HOPE over fear.

It's gonna be very hard to convince the young and intelligent to vote for the "good old days", when we didn't elect "his kind". "He ain't one of us" is not gonna get this time.

It's 2008 not 1968.

YES WE CAN...Defeat fear

Posted by: onefreeman | February 10, 2008 7:00 PM | Report abuse

"Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly? Because Janet Reno is her father and Hillary Clinton is her mother."

John McCain, 1998 GOP fundraiser

Posted by: OD | February 10, 2008 7:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: onefreeman | February 10, 2008 7:03 PM | Report abuse

I was at the rally at UMD and I believe there was more than just 100 people. My friends and I have guessed at least 300. Non-the-less, the turn out was amazing for a last minute event on a Sunday morning.

While yes I am voting for Hillary Clinton, I would like to think I am voting for her because of what she has to offer. The fact that she is a woman is just an extra detail.

I have always wanted a president who wasn't a white male. But I want that person elected because of his or her knowledge, abilities, talents, hard work, ethics, experience and because of the issues they stand for. To vote for someone because they are a black or because they are female or whatever goes against everything Americans have fought for in terms of equality and civil rights.

Remember Martin Luther King, Jr. once hoped that people would judge based on the content of a person's character and not the color of a person's skin.

Posted by: Megan | February 10, 2008 7:17 PM | Report abuse

Hillary Clinton says that if she passes her health care plan, it will include provisions to garnish workers' wages.

Such confiscatory language shows she has not learned anything from the fight during the 1990s on health care, and how the Democrats will again lose the battle and probably the White House if she is leading the Party.

Experience is all well and good, but one should learn from it.

Clearly Sen. Clinton has not.

Posted by: Martin Edwin "Mick" Andersen | February 10, 2008 7:19 PM | Report abuse

CAROLINAREDBONE makes a whale of a good point on the comparison between "Honest Abe" Lincoln and Barack Obama.

Obama's questioning of the relevance of Hillary Clinton's type of "experience" in confronting the new challenges the United States faces receives validation from an interesting source--one of Lincoln's finest biographers.

It also points to why Obama's outsider status might actually be just what is needed to successfully restore the U.S. to international political creditworthiness.

Lincoln biographer David Herbert Donald showed how what might have been perceived as the Great Emancipator's serious shortcomings as a war president and commander in chief actually turned out to be some of his greatest assets.

Remember, Lincoln came to the presidency having only meager experience--much less than Sen. Obama's--in public office, let alone experience in the Executive Branch. (Lincoln's experience in the military was limited to little more than two months service during the Black Hawk War.)

According to Donald, Lincoln was also fortunately unburdened by convention, precedent, and standard operating procedures in facing war's challenge. (The parallels with Obama kind of leap from the page, no?)

However, Lincoln was also a quick study who grew into greatness through trial and error in pursuing the most significant of his goals.

Lincoln also knew democracy's ancient lessons. When Cicero finished speaking, the people said, "My, how well he spoke." But when Demosthenes finished speaking the people said, "Let us march!"

"Public sentiment is everything," Lincoln noted. "With it, nothing can fail, against it, nothing can succeed. Whoever moulds public sentiment, goes deeper than he who enacts statutes, or pronounces judicial decisions. He makes possible the enforcement of these, else impossible."

Posted by: Martin Edwin "Mick" Andersen | February 10, 2008 7:24 PM | Report abuse

Obama's rally tomorrow is at the Comcast center--which has a capacity of 17,000 people. I think you better get there early if you wanna get in....

Posted by: DCtransplant | February 10, 2008 7:33 PM | Report abuse

To:lowatreasures, et. al.,

1st tactic: Divide women and men - didn't work!
2nd tactic: Divide the religions - didn't work!
3rd tactic: Create a 'straw man' financing smear - didn't work!
4th tactic: Divide blacks and whites - din't work!
5th tactic: Divide latinos and blacks - didn't work!
Enough, already!

Posted by: Youarebeingplayed! | February 10, 2008 7:39 PM | Report abuse

I admire Hillary because she is smart and will vote for her because she is smart and competent.

Posted by: Pam | February 10, 2008 8:26 PM | Report abuse

The real play in this election is the Clinton mariage survival. I will not give her 5 years to divorce Bill when she sees there is no more prospect to become our president.
Obama will pick up an experienced woman as VP , to become the next US leader.
Controversies, corruption and divide is what most will remember Clinton about.

Posted by: amichtch | February 10, 2008 9:01 PM | Report abuse

I became a United States citizen in Oct 2007 and am just thrilled to be able to vote in this election. I just think that while Bill Clinton did some good things as president, their time has truly gone by. We need to look forward. Hillary will not be able to make it through the general election with close to 50% of the electorate against her. Go Obama

Posted by: billychunge | February 10, 2008 9:03 PM | Report abuse

Carolinaredbone and Martin Anderson. I hope Obama knows his facts better than you two. Abe Lincoln was never a member of the U.S. Senate, although he did serve in the U. S. House and several terms in the state legislature.

Posted by: Robin Ficker Broker Robin Realty | February 10, 2008 9:11 PM | Report abuse

Timh: I would like to see your cites. Everything I saw about the 'fairytale' comment--was completely out of context if you saw the whole thing. Obama opposed the war in 2002, but since then his voting record on the war and Hillary's are identical. Unlike Obama she actually did something for the troops though: fought to get them the armor they needed, extended combat pay to wounded vets, extended healthcare to cover Natl Guard & Reservists. What did he do?

Read the news: Hillary is pulling in grassroots money like never before--and even the media is taking notice that her base is much more committed than his (check out WP poll).
Yes, she has to win. But don't count her out too quickly. This woman is made of steel.

Obama? Who IS Obama? This guy comes from out of nowhere, never having achieved much of anything. Yes, he's eloquent--but WHERE'S THE BEEF? His recovery plan for New Orleans--plaigarized almost word for word from hers. Not cool.

Also: he claims not to take money from special interests. So what was the $160,000 from Exelon--the nation's largets nuclear producer? A valentine?

This guy will get swiftboated so fast by the Republicans we won't even see the bubbles. He's a puffball

Posted by: spega | February 10, 2008 10:13 PM | Report abuse

I wish Obama's supporters (which I am) will see the media for what they are (rubbish, flith peddlers, malicious, malignant frauds, etc.) and stop hating the Clintons so much. The Clintons never injected race, the media did. They (media) knew the Clintons had a good relationship with the black community and set out to destroy it and have been successful.
BTW: Chelsea is a fantastic young woman, her parents raised her well. Democrats please unite against the media. As an Obama supporter, I will support Sen. Clinton if she is the nominee. I will not let the media win.

Posted by: Debi | February 10, 2008 10:18 PM | Report abuse

Inspirational speeches do not translate into public policy results for people. Only people who know how to use governmental systems can make the kind of public policy we need right now to address all of the problems we face. We've had enough of a president who uttered words about how he would unite us, not divide us, and who had little experience in Washington!!! That is why everyone needs to vote for Hillary Clinton.

Posted by: bjbprice | February 10, 2008 10:20 PM | Report abuse

Hillary is by far the most competent candidate.The Clintons have been wrongly accused of rascism.I think a big problem in this election is sexism!!!

Posted by: donnakieffer@hotmail.com | February 10, 2008 10:43 PM | Report abuse

Bill Clinton often likes to assure people and the press that, "The American people are pretty smart and they usually get it right when it comes to politics and elections." And Bill is getting it more right than his wife - the American people ARE getting it right as evidenced by the growing support of Obama election after election!

Posted by: Susan | February 10, 2008 11:03 PM | Report abuse

I agree, what the media is doing is an out right disgrace, and we should unite againt them. The means always must justify the end. Take a look at history.

Posted by: Margo | February 10, 2008 11:03 PM | Report abuse

I can't believe that anyone would fall for the empty rhetoric of Obama. I am disappointed and stunned that the blacks would vote for race over experience. Where is their loyalty to those that have helped them all these years? What are they thinking?

Apparently, they would rather roll the dice on a young, unproven, and inexperienced black man. They would rather risk losing the White House, or even worse, by making more problems for the County if this neophyte should happen to win.

But all the blacks seem to care about is the color of ones skin. This is shameful, stupid, and racist behavior. This is no time for an amateur or a rookie and it is amazing that adults would overlook such an obvious fact. After George Bush's disastrous management, why would anyone want to put in an amateur to clean up such a great mess? It makes no sense.

Race should have nothing to do with the presidency and neither should gender. Only those that have the necessary skills should be given serous consideration. Fancy oratory is not to be compared with wisdom or the ability to get anything done. Oration is not the same as leadership, experience, or wisdom.

If Obama wins the nomination, the Republicans will have a field day as they turn the election into one of race AND experience. Then the Dems will lose, and there will be four more years of war and political deadlock, which is the opposite of change.

Shame on the Dems, if they let race and fancy rhetoric cloud their judgment. If Clinton loses, so too the Nation and the world. And why? Because the blacks want to play the race card and damn the results. Very sad.

Posted by: Tom | February 10, 2008 11:08 PM | Report abuse

Absolutely, the race between Hillary and Barack Obama is not about voting race or gender, witness the latest object lesson: MAINE voted handily for Barack over Hillary. But "black" voters are Americans too and are also influenced by culture.
We have freedom of worship in the United States of America. Culture has given the U.S.A. the Black Church. Many of us are of the African Methodist Episcopal Church, for example. (Obama may worship according to his own conscience surely!) In our distant family trees black Americans below the Mason-Dixon are African descendants! Sadly most do not know African history nor choose to learn African history. Most do not care about Africa, but Obama's church does! "Black" Americans are the only ethnic group of U.S.A. brutally separated from their culture and as result know not Africa nor from whence their fore parents hail!
BLACK VOTERS make reasoned choices and they vote self-interest. True it took the S.C. campaign and a signal from "white" voters that yes, you can vote for Barack Obama. Before Iowa, "blacks" thought a vote for Barack Obama was a wasted vote. Study the man Barack Obama. To begin, he's a Harvard Law School graduate, and a first president of the Harvard Law Review, a U.S. senator, a savvy grass-roots organizer who goes direct to All the people and to all states--Alaska, Washington State, Nebraska, Louisiana, Maine, Virginia, Utah, N.Dakota, Missouri, S.C., Georgia. Washington peers, statesmen like Ted Kennedy stomp for Obama because his message is uplifting and mobilizing youth and the rest of us. Face it, Creator has endowed Obama with brilliance of mind, strategy, integrity, and ability to lead a movement for the re-awakening of the American Dream. Go to his website to read his Blueprint, read his book the Audacity of Hope. Look at his legislative record. Don't be fooled that he has no substance because at the rally his object is to inspire voters foremost to take a part in civic life! The Yale Law School newspaper the Yale Daily (Hillary's alma mater) endorsed Barack, not Hillary, stating in part:
"To endorse (Hillary) would be to endorse intelligence and preparedness, but also divisiveness and the politics of manipulation. And, as it seems of late, it would be to endorse Bill Clinton, with his own baggage and questionable campaign tactics to boot.
So we turn instead to an honest, and brilliant, man who represents his actual home state in the U.S. Senate, has more years of elected experience than Clinton and gave so many of us chills with his speech at the 2004 Democratic National Convention. . .With Obama's candidacy comes an opportunity to correct this flawed conception of the chief executive as a glorified policy wonk. Our legislative system, after all, is designed to encourage compromise and cooperation.. .As Obama said in last night's debate, explaining his ability to attract droves of young supporters: "Part of the task ... of leadership is the hard nuts and bolts of getting legislation passed and managing the bureaucracy, but part of it is also being able to call on the American people to reach higher."
Nothing more aptly sums up the spirit of youth. And as Obama rises, so, too, does our generation, once called leaderless and uninterested.
Forty-eight years ago, John F. Kennedy, whose daughter endorsed Obama this week as "a president like my father," visited the New Haven Green in the hours before the election. Thousands came. Hope filled a depressed town.
Electing Barack Obama...would reclaim part of that era. But it would achieve more. An Obama presidency promises a reassertion of the natural, American optimism for which JFK stood, but also new reforms of which he could only have dreamt.
Let us not let this moment slip away."
So, Hillary did not blow Obama out of the race on Super Tuesday. Too many youth voters and the rest of us want to Stand for Change we can Believe In with Senator Barack Obama. We believe the Clintons had their chance two decades ago--'90s have passed as has the 20th Century. The voters who have come of age in the Primary '08 campaigns and the rest of us want to GIVE HOPE A CHANCE! Obama'08! There is CHANGE in the air, yes! The Creator has made of the young senator from Illinois Barack Obama on the fast track to the White House an instrument of changes to come--more justice for all in the USA.

Posted by: Victoria | February 10, 2008 11:13 PM | Report abuse

Bottom Line:

It looks like you got some vote fraud hankypanky, and selling of votes going on in the democratic caucuses. Obama seems to be doing disproportionately well in the caucuses where it is easier to commit vote fraud, and sell votes. Obama has not been doing as well in the non caucus primary's where you can't cheat the vote as easily.

I smell a pole cat. I smell the Karl Rove vote fraud machine at work. This looks like past presidential elections where most voters leaving the poles said they voted for the other guy. But Bush still won. No wonder Obama thinks the republicans have some good ideas. Apparently a lot of republicans are voting for Obama in the democratic caucuses.

The insurance companies, and medical industry that have been ripping you off, and killing you are determined to keep you, the American people from having good universal health care. So it seems they are supporting Obama. Along with the republican vote fraud machine.

This looks like a great story for a team of aggressive investigative reporters. Or maybe some good documentary film makers like Michael Moore, or Oliver Stone.

If I were the Clinton's, I would focus like a laser bean on what has been going on in the democratic caucuses. No wonder the Republicans like Obama so much. Looks like he's their man in the democratic caucuses.

I'm absolutely convinced now that Hillary Clinton is your best choice for good universal health care coverage. And HR 676 (Medicare For All). "Single payer, Tax Supported, Not For Profit, True Universal Health Care" free for all as a right. Like every other developed country in the world has. See: http://www.house.gov/conyers/news_hr676.htm

"HR 676:
For church goers: less money to insur. companies and more to the church- lots more.
Srs on Medicare: save way over $100/wk. Because no more medigap, long term care & dental insur. needed. No more drug bills."

They really think you are all stupid, inattentive cash cows... It may be time to bring back Bad Bill.

Posted by: jacksmith | February 11, 2008 1:19 AM | Report abuse

Everyone who votes for Obama should vote for Wynn. Edwards has run the dirtiest, most dishonest camapaign ever.Her nasty TV ads aren't even paid for by her camapign. Listen carefully to them and you will see. Why doesn't she bop that filth?

Posted by: Enchante | February 11, 2008 1:26 AM | Report abuse

With what does Mick Anderson think Senator Clinton will "garnish" people's wages -- parsley? The correct word is "garnishee." It is both a noun and a verb. Look it up.

Posted by: Lynn | February 11, 2008 1:30 AM | Report abuse

With Cinton or obama as namenee america would still out of chance,just because it 's time to face the end of everything.

Posted by: Devaldi | February 11, 2008 2:04 AM | Report abuse

wow a rock concert to see obama sing at the MCI center

well the white house will be musical but once the band stops it might be curtains for the US

Posted by: mado na | February 11, 2008 2:17 AM | Report abuse

Hillary or Barack would be a big improvement over what we have now ,lets get out of Iraq and start getting our country back as something other can look up to again!

Posted by: robert | February 11, 2008 3:11 AM | Report abuse

all i have to say is god help america if obama gets the nomanation someone is right i think the republicans want obama to win he will be easier to beat especially on his inexperience he will be torn to shreads by the republicans not so hillary

Posted by: linda | February 11, 2008 12:24 PM | Report abuse

xcpwtiohy vtfgpxyq btkaglp ecbuo hsfxratw iklyhbrga mfcl

Posted by: pvzmhqyf uvyfd | February 19, 2008 12:04 AM | Report abuse

xcpwtiohy vtfgpxyq btkaglp ecbuo hsfxratw iklyhbrga mfcl

Posted by: pvzmhqyf uvyfd | February 19, 2008 12:04 AM | Report abuse

xcpwtiohy vtfgpxyq btkaglp ecbuo hsfxratw iklyhbrga mfcl

Posted by: pvzmhqyf uvyfd | February 19, 2008 12:05 AM | Report abuse

vjulqs cety zlcovkad qflzmosk yzdwvnpo tgmy lcuwkeo http://www.updy.flzixsq.com

Posted by: pyidfb delbw | February 19, 2008 12:06 AM | Report abuse

Bill Clinton seems to have forgotten that voted for an African American for president. He claimed he was the first black president.... As for 'Sally' are you implying if Hillary gets into the White House, Bill will actually be the president? I think Bill would agree. The man is a shameless.

Posted by: Killer Marine | February 19, 2008 9:40 AM | Report abuse

Jacksmith: If the Republicans want to sink the Democrats, all they have to do is ensure Hillary gets the party nomination... game over.

Posted by: Killer Marine | February 19, 2008 9:43 AM | Report abuse