Johnson Watch: He's Back!
Prince George's County Executive Jack B. Johnson (D) has returned from Africa, according to his spokesman. James Keary said Johnson returned from his two-week trip overseas this weekend and was back to work today.
Keary said aides are working on putting together public information about the overseas mission but he could not say when it would be ready for release. Meanwhile, Keary said all questions about the trip need to be put directly to Johnson, who has so far not yet responded to requests for interviews since his return.
"He'll call when he gets a few minutes," Keary said.
Johnson left for Africa on Dec. 1, accompanied by at least three other county employees. The trip has drawn criticism because Johnson did not announce he was leaving before his departure and his aides have been reticent to release details while he was gone.
Keary has said Johnson spent some time with a group from the county's Economic Development Corporation fostering trade ties with Cameroon. But details about the trip have otherwise been scarce--including where else in Africa the executive's delegation might have gone, with whom they met and whether county residents paid for the trip.
December 15, 2008; 3:30 PM ET
Categories: Rosalind Helderman
Save & Share: Previous: O'Malley: Extended D.C. Bar Hours Might Strain Police Resources
Next: It's Official: Maryland Goes For Obama
Posted by: checkered1 | December 15, 2008 4:50 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: askgees | December 15, 2008 5:40 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: properbostonian1 | December 15, 2008 6:44 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: keirreva | December 15, 2008 7:54 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.