Palin records robocall for Md. hopeful Murphy

Thumbnail image for Palin mug.jpgSarah Palin won't be appearing in person to campaign for longshot Maryland gubernatorial candidate Brian Murphy, but potential Republican primary voters will be hearing from her.

The former Alaska governor, who unexpectedly endorsed Murphy last month, has recorded a robocall that will be placed to 260,000 likely GOP primary voters, according to the Murphy campaign.

"Unlike his opponents, Brian is a proven business leader," Palin says in the recording. "Not a career politician. Brian Murphy and his running mate, Mike Ryman, are the only common-sense, pro-life, pro-2nd Amendment ticket in the race. ... They're the right ticket to lead Maryland, and I'm proud to endorse them."

Murphy faces long odds against former governor Robert L. Ehrlich Jr. (R) in Tuesday's primary.

By Washington Post Editor  |  September 13, 2010; 6:28 PM ET
Categories:  2010 Elections , John Wagner
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Grocery chain in Currie case agrees to $2.5 million penalty
Next: Hopkins hits Berliner with misleading mailer in Montgomery

Comments

It continues to astound me that she speaks for anyone. Please retire her to her hometown and have her stay out of meanigful political discussion.

Posted by: cadam72 | September 13, 2010 6:49 PM | Report abuse

I lived in Maryland most of my life and now live in the deep south. To have the studpidity of a "Sarah endorsement" in Alabama is one thing but in Maryland it should be the kiss of death. Well, lets hope so anyway!

Posted by: janetal2004gmailcom | September 13, 2010 6:52 PM | Report abuse

"Princess Leia" Rocks!See Crist, cough.

Posted by: deepthroat21 | September 13, 2010 7:39 PM | Report abuse

Sister Sarah, just like you and me, dumping her children, flying around in corporate jets, making millions from fake books, spending hours having her servants tweet in her name.
Sister Sarah with five children who she drags around the world.
Yes party people you think sister Sarah is mother earth living off millions of dollars when her children just want her to be a stay at home mom.

Posted by: JillCalifornia | September 13, 2010 8:25 PM | Report abuse

Memo to all candidates: stop with the Robocalls. I don't care who you pay to make them, they are rude, crude, impersonnal, and insult my intellingence. Spend more time meeting people face to face and explain how you will solve the county and states massive budget deficits.

Posted by: VikingRider | September 13, 2010 9:12 PM | Report abuse

This is Sarah Palin and my hand says to vote for Murphy, kill animals, and revive the failed Bush economic policies. If you vote for him, I'll tell you who Trig's daddy is.

Posted by: revbookburn | September 13, 2010 9:18 PM | Report abuse

Looks like the Washington establishment, their DNC goons and RINO shills have got their panties in a wad over the potential impact that Sarah Palin's endorsement will have in this race, right outside their own backyards.

Even if Brian Murphy's candidacy doesn't cause the biggest upset in Maryland political history, the Ehrlich/Kane team will have to prove themselves trustworthy enough to merit the support that grassroots conservatives gave Ehrlich/Steele towards their 2002 victory.

During Ehrlich's first term, his administration shills, such as former Maryland Republican state party chairman John Kane, treated social conservatives with disdain. From 2002 to 2006, Ehrlich gave them no good reason to support his relection in 2006. And the rest is history...

Posted by: JoseyWales1 | September 13, 2010 10:54 PM | Report abuse

How can you tell the difference between a $arah Palin robocall and a game of MadLibs?

The MadLibs makes sense!

Posted by: suec716 | September 14, 2010 6:17 AM | Report abuse

ehrlich already has plans to run as an independant if he loses the republican primary.

Posted by: MarilynManson | September 14, 2010 8:58 AM | Report abuse

Enough.

Posted by: jckdoors | September 14, 2010 9:51 AM | Report abuse

She should mention that Ehrlich's hair products budget is bigger than the Murphy campaign's entire bank account.

Posted by: krickey7 | September 14, 2010 11:19 AM | Report abuse

revbookburn - Kim Jong-il? I see a resemblance.

Posted by: CalmTruth | September 14, 2010 12:12 PM | Report abuse

cuckoo that squawks loudest

takes caution the least.

cuckoo that parades like peacock

is first eaten by beast.

Posted by: confucius_say | September 14, 2010 2:02 PM | Report abuse

I wouldn't let you in my front door, what makes you think I want you in my home via a phone?

Posted by: jckdoors | September 14, 2010 2:26 PM | Report abuse

Got one of these calls the other night. As soon as I heard her voice say, "Hello, this is former Alaska governor Sarah Palin..." I hung up.

I have very little fondness for former governor Ehrlich, but I'll take him over her any day.

Posted by: gewaldron | September 14, 2010 5:56 PM | Report abuse

I can hear Murphy's voice now when he first learned of loony-bat Palin's endorsement in the Democrat-strong MD race: "Um, gee - thanks".

Posted by: free-donny | September 14, 2010 5:58 PM | Report abuse

Brian Murphy can see D.C. from his house.

Posted by: webg | September 15, 2010 1:44 AM | Report abuse