Goldman's unfortunate e-mails

By Ann Telnaes  |  April 28, 2010; 12:00 AM ET
Categories:  Economy and jobs , Scandals
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Obama's offshore oil rigs
Next: Who's the legal immigrant?

Other Syndicated Editorial Cartoons:

Comments

WOW! This thief is absolutely unrepentant! What hubris and arrogance! Throw the book at Goldman Sachs!!

Posted by: meldupree | April 29, 2010 1:32 PM | Report abuse

Goldman Sachs testimony made me to want to vomit! The wrecking of the economy was the outcome of the downward spiral into greed initiated by Reaganomics with mindless deregulation, i.e., Sen. Gramm of "ENRON" fame and who contributed to the current financial crisis. This coupled with Alan
Greenspan idiocy of markets regulating themselves was the "Perfect Storm" to affect this criminality on Wall Street. The only difference between Bernie Madoff and Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan Chase Morgan Stanley, etc on Wall Street is simply the degree of criminality, they are all criminals!

Posted by: kemcb | April 29, 2010 9:38 AM | Report abuse

It is hard to believe that a country could survive this bunch of cave men. Most Americans want to work with these theives as their highest ambition. Disgraceful !

Posted by: hamelinfish | April 29, 2010 6:47 AM | Report abuse

This situation should really not surprise anyone. Deception has now become the norm in society. If one happens to run across a completely honest situation concerning money or finances it is very rare. Dishonesty and corruption is the basis for this enormous and cascading collapse in America. It seems that our government is even hiding the largest part of the damage done. If there are warm sunny days and bright blue skies beyond this turbulent storm. I am not able to see them.

Posted by: JONAHandtheFISH | April 28, 2010 6:46 PM | Report abuse

Thanks Ms Telnaes . . . .
Wish Congress would DO SOMETHING here so you could replace that SHOE with a Striped Prison Suit!
But . . . I'm not holding my breath since McConnell , and yes--even Dodd are beholden to Wall Street.

Posted by: lufrank1 | April 28, 2010 3:36 PM | Report abuse

Did anyone notice that he said it was unfortunate that it was on the email, not I am sorry for what I did or I wish I had never hurt so many people because of my greed! That goes for the rest of the executives who dodged and skirted the point blank questions! If they are an example of those running our financial institutions, our Treasury and FED, we are in serious trouble. Remember many of the members of our government who watch over our economy come from their ranks!

Posted by: MyVoice3 | April 28, 2010 2:51 PM | Report abuse