Raining cats and dogs in DC

By Ann Telnaes  | October 1, 2010; 12:00 AM ET
Categories:  Environment & global warming
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Rahm Emanuel's White House role, exposed
Next: Justice Kagan recuses herself from multiple cases

Other Syndicated Editorial Cartoons:

Comments

The earth a creation made by an omnipotent God who thought it so good he made a special day for us all to rest and reflect. Now it moans and groans under the weight of mans misguided priorities greeds and lack of concern or love for the sheer beauty of it and God. Global warming well you can call it that though there are many who dispute that theory I say it is disolving for I read that in a much reputed book that parallels no other book read worldwide.I believed the report and know you can call it anything you want but just the other couple of months ago a waters turned black which caused much ecological damage to the lands and waters and living creatures there.Thats in that book too what a coincidence this piece of literature could be so prophetic.You do not have to have prosperity to have justice even in a capitalist nation justice must come first prosperity is a blessing from that God who authorized the book I was telling you about alot of people I hear got rich of this global warming alot of people got rich before the seas turned black too my best theory is that are only prayer was always to do the right thing first we all fell short of that but if I was God and I'm just saying I would be pleased if I looked down and saw people being more reverant mourning these teribble desolations and looking up to him because with one mighty son it is his intention to globally warm good people in a distant land less perplexing and where are greatest thought shall be Lord its good to be home its good to sit at a full table and tend a beautiful land you created ah ah its so good

Posted by: robertajkaufman3 | October 7, 2010 10:43 PM | Report abuse

Good Job Ann
I didn't catch on at first. But I got it when I paused so that I could see the elephant and/or donkey on the jackets.
The way things are going we will all be washed out to sea.
Many people do not understand that economics is not based on "trickle down" funding; it is based on tsunami tidal wave up spending from the demand side of economics.
Without sufficient wages there is not enough cash flow to support national needs.
Equity and justice depend on financial security in a capitalist society.

Posted by: OchamsRazor | October 1, 2010 6:41 PM | Report abuse

Typical Texas "Bottom Falling Out"
Brilliant! Makes my day!

Sigh . . .Jornolibist . . . Us real scientists KNOW that Man Made Global Warming is real AND is already causing drastic changes in Climate - - Example - check the rate of the Greenland ice-melt. Geeze... utter Beck/Limbaugh level Denial.

Posted by: lufrank1 | October 1, 2010 4:41 PM | Report abuse

Comical. I don't think my windshield wipers will handle something like that. I notice none of them land on their heads. Maybe they should all be playing a little HAARP. It's Not Impossible! The History Channel made a limited attempt to expose Human Rights violations in this country also. That might be a topic you could express your opinions about Ann. Freedom of Speech and the right to form your own opinions should be near and dear to folks like yourself.

Posted by: JONAHandtheFISH | October 1, 2010 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Ann, you must be jealous Toles is getting all the action on the bogus manmade global warming at the Post.

Check out some of these past NY Times articles on climate change through the years. Seems scientists have always had a difficult time figuring out if we warming or cooling. The actual science proves the planet goes through normal warming and cooling cycles and over the last 150 years liberal journalists and scientists spin stories in the opposite cycle to sell newspapers or earn science grants.

Dec 1934 --Nation is Held on Verge of Climate Shift; Experts See Old-Fashioned Winters Back. America is believed by Weather Bureau scientists to be on verge of change of climate, with return to increasing rains and deeper snows and the colder Winters of grandfather's day.

Oct 1956 -- Warmer Climate on the Earth may Be Due to More Carbon Dioxide in the Air. The general warming of the climate that has occurred in the last sixty years has been variously explained.
Dec 1958 --Frozen Key to Our Climate; The world's ice masses may be ushering in a fifth Ice Age.

Jan 1961 --Scientists Agree World is Colder; But Climate Experts Fail to Agree on Reasons for Change. After a week of discussions on the cause of climate change, an assembly of specialists from several continents seems to have reached unanimous agreement on only one point: It is getting colder.

Oct 1961 --Earth's Weather Growing Colder; The earth is undergoing "a persistent cold wave" that began in the Nineteen Forties, a United States, weather man told a symposium on climate this week.

May 1967 --Weathermen Try to Explain the Why of Spring That Never Was in 1967 - In the year 1816 the year without summer, they called it snow fell in New England and parts of New York in June, July and August. Crops failed. People were impoverished and mystified.

Feb 1972 --Record of Little Ice Age Discovered; From a study of ice extracted from deep within the Greenland ice sheet it appears that 89,500 years ago something catastrophic changed the climate from being warmer than today's to that of a full-fledged ice age.

Posted by: jornolibist | October 1, 2010 8:51 AM | Report abuse