Lessons learned from snow days
Snow Day Lessons
1) No matter how many snow days there are, kids will wait until the last minute to do their homework.
2) School bus stops with unobstructed curbs are more important than anyone thought.
3) Even a shovel that is supposed to be good for your back is not that good for your back.
4) Parents and children should not spend more than a few snow days cooped up together.
5) Have kids in college; it really eases the stress.
6) School systems should check the El Niño effect before putting together their school calendars.
7) Even kids get bored with snow days.
8) If you are the mayor of Washington, D.C., eventually the snow will get you.
9) "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" is no match for a marathon of "iCarly" or "Jersey Shore."
10) The next time the forecast is for 1 to 3 inches of snow, Washingtonians can shrug it off. They can shrug off 6 to 12, too.
Please add your own lessons in the comments or send them to me at email@example.com.
Follow my blog all day, every day by bookmarking
Posted by: Oneder | February 17, 2010 8:41 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: sideswiththekids | February 17, 2010 5:10 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: cshamblen | February 17, 2010 7:10 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: nubnqtndc1 | February 17, 2010 8:54 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.