On Twitter: PostSports  |  Facebook  |  E-mail alerts: Redskins and Sports  |  RSS

Lineups, Forecast From Fenway

As you probably guess from that second word in the title of this post, we may have some weather issues tonight. The forecast is for scattered showers, so it doesn't seem to be anything that could cause a rainout. But there could be a delay or two. That, combined with the fact the pitchers are the walk-happy Daisuke Matsuzaka and Scott Kazmir, means this could be a long night. I'm holding a US Airways ticket to Tampa tomorrow at 8 a.m. I may go straight from the ballpark to the airport. Put on a pot of coffee and hunker down, folks.

Rays:
Akinori Iwamura - 4
B.J. Upton - 8
Carlos Pena - 3
Evan Longoria - 5
Carl Crawford - 7
Cliff Floyd - DH
Dioner Navarro - 2
Gabe Gross - 9
Jason Bartlett - 6
(Scott Kazmir - 1)

Red Sox:
Coco Crisp - 8 (Jacoby Ellsbury benched for second straight game.)
Dustin Pedroia - 4
David Ortiz - DH
Kevin Youkilis - 5
Jason Bay 7
J.D. Drew - 9
Jed Lowrie - 6
Jason Varitek - 2
Mark Kotsay - 3
(Daisuke Matsuzaka - 1)

By Dave Sheinin  |  October 16, 2008; 5:05 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: How the Red Sox Can Win
Next: You're Watching "How the Red Sox Can Lose"

Comments

Dave - Dice-K cut his BB/9 by 1.6 after the all star game. Now it merely awful instead of please pluck my eyes out (see the stats previous post on Cameron's last entry).

Posted by: PTBNL | October 16, 2008 5:37 PM | Report abuse

1st half bb/9 - 5.8, 2d half - 4.2. H/9 went up 6.6 to 7.1.

Posted by: And here are those walk stats for Dice-K | October 16, 2008 5:41 PM | Report abuse

Don't know that there's enough coffee in the world at this point for me. These games all start so durn late! I love baseball, and I always watch the playoffs and series no matter who is playing (take that, Fox suits). That said, I'm looking forward to having a break in between games (no travel days for the armchair fan).

Posted by: natsfan1a | October 16, 2008 6:03 PM | Report abuse

Here's something to while away the time, courtesy of Bob L. over on Nationals Journal:

Posted by: natsfan1a | October 16, 2008 6:10 PM | Report abuse

AHEM!

Posted by: ce | October 16, 2008 6:26 PM | Report abuse

and use a real mouse, touchpads aren't fast enough

Posted by: ce | October 16, 2008 6:28 PM | Report abuse

I don't have a touch pad, just a mouse. Dingers seem to be at .18 and under. Base hits from .19 to .26. I really need to get out more.

Posted by: natsfan1a | October 16, 2008 6:34 PM | Report abuse

haha no worries 1a! I'm in Hawaii and I'm seeing how many I can get in a row. My best streaks are 3 HRs in a row, but 15 hits. Then I swung a bit too early...

Where is the rest of Nats Nation btw? Or even O's nation? Or any nation? There's so few comments on any of the posts over here!

Posted by: NattyDelite! | October 16, 2008 7:33 PM | Report abuse

We've got to get you into the lineup, Natty, that's very good! I also swung too early a few times.

A few Nats Nation constituents have been on here from time to time, and more of them are over at Nationals Journal.

Wish that I was in Hawaii (I'll wish it even more so when it gets really cold here). Beautiful place.

Posted by: natsfan1a | October 16, 2008 8:06 PM | Report abuse