Seven Fined From Yesterday's Fracas
Seven people are a little poorer today. MLB today announced fines for four Dodgers and three Phillies involved in the Sunday fracas that drew both dugouts onto the field in Game 3.
* LA pitcher Hiroki Kuroda, who threw the brush back pitch that ignited the mayhem
* Manny Ramirez, who needed a small army to hold him back from lunging at anybody in red
* J.C. Romero, a Philadelphia reliever who (I'm guessing) must have mixed it up more than the others. (A nice show of fortitude for a bullpen man, whose involvement in these things are normally just for show.)
* Shane Victorino, the Philadelphia outfielder who was almost hit by the Kuroda pitch.
* And coaches Larry Bowa (LA), Mariano Duncan (LA), and Davey Lopes (Phi). It's worth noting that Bowa once managed the Phillies, Duncan once played for the Phillies and Lopes had a decorated career with the Dodgers.
MLB did not disclose the dollar amounts of the fines.
Posted by: NattyDelite! | October 13, 2008 7:56 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: PhilliePhan | October 14, 2008 6:55 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.