On Twitter: PostSports  |  Facebook  |  E-mail alerts: Redskins and Sports  |  RSS

What Would You Do?

The Milwaukee Brewers host the Philadelphia Phillies today at 1 p.m. in Game 4 of the National League Division Series. The Green Bay Packers host the Atlanta Falcons at 1 p.m. today in Week 5 of the NFL season.

This postseason marks the Brewers' first trip to the playoffs in 25 years. This NFL season -- like all others -- affects the livelihood of everybody living in the state of Wisconsin (sound familiar?). So that said, I wonder what wins in viewership.

It also begs the question, what if it were the Washington Nationals making their first postseason appearance and Washington Redskins playing a key NFC East matchup going head-to-head? Would you watch the Nats? Or would you watch the Redskins?

By Tom Heleba  |  October 5, 2008; 10:28 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The Morning Roundup
Next: Rant

Comments

Nats all the way (I'm not so much into that pointy ball game).

Posted by: natsfan1a | October 5, 2008 10:44 AM | Report abuse

Nationals. It isn't even a question (I pick them over the Potato Team even when they are awful - because it's just like the home team when I was growing up). Of course baseball is my first love, so that might have something to do with it.
I'm all about the playoffs right now and I'll see if I want to catch up with the ovoid ball game when the Series wraps up.

Posted by: OldGuy | October 5, 2008 11:01 AM | Report abuse

I had committed - long ago - to watch the Redskins vs. Eagles game today with some friends, which will take place during a potentially series-clinching Phillies vs. Brewers game. Perhaps we'll do some split screen action, but I will miss the pitch-by-pitch action of baseball to instead watch the Eagles beat up on the Redskins (and inch their way back into the divisional race).

Posted by: Philly Phan in Phairfax | October 5, 2008 11:10 AM | Report abuse

Nats of course. But I'm reading a baseball blog on the computer on a beautiful Sunday afternoon, so I'm pretty sick.

Posted by: Geezer | October 5, 2008 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Me, too. Baseball is so beautiful, the crowds more civilized, the object of the game more exalted. E.g. There are no YouTube videos of a player vomiting with the force of a delivered blow, like the one of the Maryland safety hitting Cal's star pass catcher. Looks like I was wrong about Miller Park being unhittable for visitors. It was just unhittable for the Nats. Pat the Bat and Jason Werth have just blown it open 5-0. Too big a hill for the Brewers to climb. The Phillies swept the Dodgers in 4 games starting Aug. 11th. But then again, so did the Nats.

Posted by: flynnie | October 5, 2008 2:12 PM | Report abuse

I did NOT just see the COPYEDITOR write
"It also begs the question, what if it ..."

And you call yourself a journalist.

Posted by: ce | October 5, 2008 2:26 PM | Report abuse

How's that working for you?

"...to instead watch the Eagles beat up on the Redskins (and inch their way back into the divisional race)."

Posted by: Fake Dr. Phil | October 5, 2008 4:09 PM | Report abuse

The fact that you would even ask this question is an insult. It also begs the question, which event would you and your fellow editors devote more coverage to? Wait, don't answer that, I think we all know the answer already.

Posted by: Coverage is lacking | October 5, 2008 4:24 PM | Report abuse