Matt Wieters > Chuck Norris + Jack Bauer
Even Atheists Believe In Matt Wieters.
Ok, maybe that's not true but the downtrodden fans of Baltimore have pinned their hopes of a rebirth on Matt Wieters.
Wieters, a switch-hitting catcher that has had scouts salivating the past couple of years had a torrid spring for the Orioles before being sent to Class AAA Norfolk to start the year. At some point this season Wieters will be called up but right now, many think he's good enough to be one of the top 10 catchers in the game and if you're familiar with the website www.mattwietersfacts.com you think Matt Wieters Is So Damn Good That Even His Intangibles Are Tangible.
The site offers fan-generated quips on the greatness of being that is Matt Wieters, putting him in the same pantheon of pop culture as Chuck Norris and Jack Bauer.
Some of my personal favorites (aside from the two already used):
- Matt Wieters Sometimes Impatiently Homers From The On Deck Circle.
- When The President Is In Trouble, She Calls Jack Bauer. When The Jack Bauer Is In Trouble, He Calls Matt Wieters.
- Matt Wieters Once Led Off A Game With A Grand Slam.
- Matt Wieters Only Hits Singles When He Feels Sorry For Opposing Pitchers
- Matt Wieters Recently Told HBO He Likes The Wire. Season 6 Starts Filming Next Week.
Maybe Wieters won't single-handedly save an entire franchise but he's already doing plenty to re-energize a fan base. Feel free to add any of your own true facts about Matt Wieters in the comments here.
Posted by: natsfan1a1 | May 12, 2009 3:15 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: jca-CrystalCity | May 12, 2009 3:38 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: natsfan1a1 | May 12, 2009 4:24 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: ProfessorWrightBSU | May 13, 2009 1:01 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: lyonsc1967 | May 13, 2009 7:47 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: natsfan1a1 | May 13, 2009 8:04 AM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.