Jon Stewart rally, Metro security and the tea party: This week's top news tweets
It's Friday. All day.
Last week you wanted to talk about pets in costume and Juan Williams, but the close of another week brings a completely new set of talking points. It's always a joy -- and, usually, a surprise -- to see which stories you were most likely to share. Here they were:
- Who does Jon Stewart think he is, anyway? The 'Rally to Restore Sanity/Keep Fear Alive' kicks off Saturday morning, and the buzz up to the blessed event has nearly broken the Internet. Are you attending? Here's a mobile survival guide and complete coverage.
- Feds arrest N.Va. man in D.C. Metro bomb plot. Farooque Ahmed, 34, of Ashburn conspired with people he thought to be al-Qaeda operatives to bomb the Arlington Cemetery, Pentagon City, Crystal City and Court House stations. In actuality, Ahmed was talking with undercover agents, records say.
- Ovechkin in Moscow with GQ. Alex Ovechkin makes out with snow bunnies in front of a reporter. This story is unofficially known in these parts as "Google crack."
- The tea party warns of a New Elite. They're right. Has American been taken over by a New Elite? If you're one of the many people who read this article, let us know.
- Was a time traveler captured in footage of a Charlie Chaplin movie premiere? Was it a cellphone? A jaw problem? Dementia? The world may never know. Or will we?
TweetNow it's time to get creative. Sum up the week's news in a tweet using #wpweek, and we'll post the best back here in this blog.
| October 29, 2010; 7:27 PM ET
Categories: Your Take
Save & Share: Previous: 'Legalize It' Peter Tosh's family says it's in favor of Calif. Prop 19
Next: Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear Live Blogging
Posted by: countrycarl | October 29, 2010 6:51 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: countrycarl | October 29, 2010 6:52 PM | Report abuse