50 most stressful colleges
No question about it, college is stressful.
Getting in is stressful. Keeping your grades up is stressful. Planning your schedule is stressful. Graduating within four years is stressful. Dealing with friends and relationships is stressful. Putting up with your weird roommate is stressful. Paying for everything is stressful. Trying to find a job or internship is stressful.
College isn't easy. So, why not create a stress ranking system for the rankings-obsessed world of higher education?
That's what the news Web site The Daily Beast did. Their No. 1 pick for most stressful college in America? Stanford University.
The Daily Beast limited its ranking to the top 50 universities in the U.S. News and World Report rankings and then looked at five factors: Cost of tuition, room and board (weighted at 35 percent), competitiveness and academic rigor (35 percent), acceptance rate (10 percent), rigor of the graduate engineering program (10 percent) and crime on campus (10 percent).
Want to know where your school ranks? Keep reading or check out The Daily Beast's cool photo slide show.
3) Massachusetts Institute of Technology
4) University of Pennsylvania
8) Carnegie Mellon
9) California Institute of Technology
11) University of Chicago
13) Washington University in St. Louis
15) Johns Hopkins
18) University of Southern California
23) University of California, Berkeley
24) New York University
25) Boston College
27) Notre Dame
28) Wake Forest
29) University of Rochester
30) University of California, Los Angeles
32) Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
35) University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
36) University of Virginia
37) University of California, San Diego
38) University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
39) Case Western Reserve
40) Georgia Institute of Technology
41) University of California, Santa Barbara
42) University of California, Davis
43) University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
44) College of William and Mary
45) University of Wisconsin, Madison
46) Penn State
47) University of Texas at Austin
48) University of Washington
49) University of California, Irvine
50) University of Florida
Follow Campus Overload all day, every day at http://washingtonpost.com/campus-overload.
April 7, 2010; 7:56 AM ET
Categories: News Overload | Tags: Columbia, Harvard, MIT, Princeton, Stanford, University of Pennsylvania
Save & Share: Previous: Celebration in Durham
Next: What's a griffin?
Posted by: firstname.lastname@example.org | April 7, 2010 9:57 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: davekindt | April 7, 2010 11:17 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: stevenmcrane | April 7, 2010 2:56 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: bhrgarden1 | April 8, 2010 7:09 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: frannyg | April 13, 2010 9:52 AM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.