Campus Overload: September 5, 2010 - September 11, 2010

Mother killed in fall from UNC dorm bunk

The mother of a first-year University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill student fell from a dorm bunk bed in late August, hit her head and died.

By Jenna Johnson  |  September 10, 2010; 12:19 PM ET  |  Permalink  |  Comments (0)
Categories:  News Overload  | Tags: University of North Carolina, dorms
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz

Dear Frosh: I am so glad I studied abroad

Elaina Houser wants college freshmen to do everything possible to study abroad. Her short essay is part of an on-going Washington Post series called "Dear Frosh."

By Jenna Johnson  |  September 10, 2010; 10:52 AM ET  |  Permalink  |  Comments (0)
Categories:  College 101  | Tags: American, Dear Frosh

Harrisburg University plans social media blackout

But starting Monday, Harrisburg University of Science and Technology in Pennsylvania will block all social networking sites on the campus network, including Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and AOL Instant Messenger.

By Jenna Johnson  |  September 9, 2010; 2:39 PM ET  |  Permalink  |  Comments (2)
Categories:  Networking  | Tags: Facebook, Harrisburg, Twitter

Dear Frosh: I wish I expanded my social circle

Jessica Li, a recent Boston University graduate, encourages freshmen to expand their social circles beyond their dorm floor. Her short essay is part of an on-going Washington Post series called "Dear Frosh."

By Jenna Johnson  |  September 9, 2010; 9:30 AM ET  |  Permalink  |  Comments (0)
Categories:  College 101  | Tags: Boston University, Dear Frosh

Dear Frosh: I wish I took community college classes

Matt Impink, who graduated from Penn in 2007, wishes he had taken community college classes. His short essay is part of an on-going Washington Post series called "Dear Frosh."

By Jenna Johnson  |  September 8, 2010; 10:57 AM ET  |  Permalink  |  Comments (1)
Categories:  College 101  | Tags: Dear Frosh, Penn

George Mason hosts epic dodgeball game

George Mason University has shattered the world record for hosting the largest dodgeball game ever. Yeah, who knew anyone even kept track of such stats.

By Jenna Johnson  |  September 7, 2010; 10:24 AM ET  |  Permalink  |  Comments (0)
Categories:  News Overload  | Tags: George Mason

Dear Frosh: I wish I had known my drinking limit

Tauhid Chappell, a Virginia Tech junior, wishes he had known his drinking limit when he was a freshman. His short essay is part of an on-going Washington Post series called "Dear Frosh."

By Jenna Johnson  |  September 7, 2010; 9:22 AM ET  |  Permalink  |  Comments (0)