According to Twitter, students are stressed out
For the past few days, I have been reading hundreds and hundreds of tweets about finals and other end-of-the-semester rituals. And you will never guess what students are saying: OMG, they are stressed out!
Other emerging trends:
1) Lots of students are coming down with colds or worried they will get sick. Or worried that their roommates will get sick, which will get them sick.
2) Lots of students are having computer problems. (And why did their computers pick this week of all weeks to decide to crash!?)
3) Lots of students are grateful to teachers who canceled finals. Apparently, these are the greatest teachers in the entire world and students felt the best way to show their appreciation was a 140-character tweet filled with ALL CAPS WORDS and emoticons.
4) Some students have no problem openly talking about using prescription drugs to help them study. An example: "I wish I had some ritalin like last year for my finals. Im so tired."
5) Lots of students are calling upon God to help them study. Others are reaching out to Justin Bieber, like this tweeter: "I have finals coming up and all I do while I study is listen to your cd! Hopefully you'll bring me good luck!! Xoxo"
Anyway, here are some of my favorite finals tweets. Enjoy!
@laurencjohn: As finals time approaches, more and more college students start to look like homeless people
@jackie_ooo: Dear Immune System; if you think I'm going to get sick the week before Finals, you have another thing coming..
@krisengland: I know ppl push aderol around finals period but does anyone have ambien? I haven't gotten any sleep lately :(
@shaun_zinck: everyone's status is about papers or having very little sleep...must be the week before #finals #fb
@daile: THANKS FOR CRASHING DURING FINALS WEEK, WHEN I HAVE ABOUT 6 10-PAGE PAPERS DUE, COMPUTER. THANKS A LOT FOR THAT. I APPRECIATE IT.
@_foreverhgs: The word "Finals" makes my heart jump
@katiemax11: Bus driver asks "are you starting finals week? you look really pale!" Finals are in two weeks and I havent prepared. Am I really THAT white?
@taylorcomputer: it wouldnt be finals week at tyler if you didnt cry yourself to sleep a little
@ur_kryp_tonite: dont call me or text me unless you have an emergency. I have finals to focus on
@alwysumthin: All college students will be stressed from now until Dec. So don't take it personal. It's just #FINALS
@lovingneeceonly: This the only time of the year u see the library packed #finals
@jbruforyou: Ughhhh.....entering finals. Good thoughts, good thoughts, good thoughts
@dgcooper82: Twitter, are we still friends even though I don't visit often? :-) Sorry, it's finals. Gotta finish that script!
@esjay__: bed at 3am, up at 7am... gotta love finals
@lindsaymarie6: it's the most stressful time of the year! With finals looming, my lsat dooming, and papers, oh dear!
@danileedlee: I love it when teachers tell us we don't have a final during finals week.
@carebearloves: "Why did he cutting a 90 minutes class to 30 minutes and its the week before finals... UGH!"
@kskogs89: just realized that have 3 finals on monday from 7:45 am to 10 pm #ouch
@codygambill24: I've never understood this one week of school we have right before finals and right after thanksgiving break #random
@ellie88: Goals for the next 3 weeks: To not get sick. To beast through my last 3 weeks at #BU. It's on.
@alainab17: Oh. My. Gosh. I should have started studying for my finals weeks ago...
Do you have questions about managing stress during finals season, writing papers on deadline or maximizing your study time? On Thursday at 1 p.m., I will be online for The Post's weekly Campus Overload Live chat. Send in questions now!
| December 1, 2010; 2:20 PM ET
Categories: Networking | Tags: Twitter
Save & Share: Previous: Beloit College's squirrels gush about its academics
Next: Stressful deadlines? Papers due? AU librarian answers your last-minute questions today
Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | December 1, 2010 8:48 PM | Report abuse