Alex Ovechkin Gets Eastern Motors on SportsCenter

Eastern Motors enjoys a bit of free advertising, thanks to the magic of No. 8. Ripped from the D.C. Sports Bog:

By Lindsay Applebaum  |  March 13, 2009; 4:59 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Caps Look for Balance on Offense
Next: Aucoin Recalled and Fedorov Returns

Comments

Lol. Biggest laugh I've had all dday. Funny Ovie!

Posted by: redskinsux | March 13, 2009 5:11 PM | Report abuse

Love how he says Suv and not S-U-V.

Posted by: skins1110 | March 13, 2009 5:24 PM | Report abuse

I want to laugh but at the same time, it just feels wrong. *snicker*

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | March 13, 2009 5:39 PM | Report abuse

Ah, its a "Suv" I thought he said "Saab", and I was thinking, its a nice enough brand, but that's the one you're going to highlight?

Best part: the anchor's mocking "Eastern Motors: no job, no credit."

Posted by: oldtimehockey | March 13, 2009 6:34 PM | Report abuse

that's great but what is up with Henrik Stenson playing golf in his tighty whitey's? What, he didn't want to get his pretty clothes dirty? Any activity that involves you stripping down to your knickers is obviously not a "sport".

Posted by: Moose33 | March 13, 2009 7:25 PM | Report abuse

Just wondering...does this commercial really, really entice someone to buy a car from this dealership? I mean, would THIS be deciding factor in purchasing a car?

Posted by: scmonty1 | March 13, 2009 8:13 PM | Report abuse

LOL. How can you not love this guys. I mean he just loves to have fun.

Posted by: bajgirl | March 13, 2009 8:18 PM | Report abuse

@scmonty1:

Yes. If Ovechkin tells me to buy something, I must buy it.

Posted by: Murshawursha | March 13, 2009 8:25 PM | Report abuse

Whatever he touches becomes gold.

Ovie for President!

Posted by: CodePoetry | March 13, 2009 9:26 PM | Report abuse

oh the humanity

Posted by: oo7 | March 13, 2009 10:08 PM | Report abuse

oh the humanity

Posted by: oo7 | March 13, 2009 10:09 PM | Report abuse

I'm kind of bum that OV wasn't schooled in what not to do. Eastern Motors preys on people that have terrible credit, and they sell run down cars at rediculous prices and then charge a rediculuous interest rate. I'm not just saying OV should have steered clear I can't believe the 'Skins did commercials for them too.

Posted by: fanohock1 | March 13, 2009 10:34 PM | Report abuse

Next thing you know he going to take Ogdens spot and chanting GO GEBCO GO GEBCO GO GEBCO. Man, still really bummed.

On another note, we are getting closer and closer to taking the SE. I believe we can go like 6-6-1 and still take the division from Carolina EVEN if they win their last 12. If we go 8-5 we can take the division EVEN if Florida wins their remaining games. The Caps are primed to redeem themselves tomorrow The stadium is going to be rockin'. Just checked Ticket exchange and there are less than 30 tickets for sale, I have never seen that few tickets available.

Posted by: fanohock1 | March 13, 2009 10:39 PM | Report abuse

I hate Eastern Motor commercials!

Posted by: JohnWWW | March 13, 2009 10:48 PM | Report abuse

i think he was saying, "your job's your credit," not "no job, no credit."

Posted by: silence309 | March 13, 2009 11:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scmonty1 | March 13, 2009 8:13 PM

Posted by: richmondphil | March 13, 2009 11:07 PM | Report abuse

You may hate the commercials, but you know exactly who they are, and I'll bet every time you hear their name, you think of that song. That's not a terrible song, that's brilliant marketing.

And it is funny! But I feel so embarrassed for him at the same time!

Posted by: DrinkingPartner | March 13, 2009 11:43 PM | Report abuse

LET'S GO CAPS!!!

Posted by: ludeman95 | March 14, 2009 12:42 AM | Report abuse

I think it's official. The commercial doesn't put a positive spin on Ovi's personality. I see Ovi up there with other sports luminaries and unless this puppy was airing in Japan or Europe, I don't think he should have done it. At least over there, we don't have to reconcile that that is our hockey god and in this commercial he looks less...

Sorry, I don't think there's any brilliance that makes Ovi look like THAT. Eastern Motors should be put out of business for doing that to Ovi.

Let's GO Caps!

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | March 14, 2009 1:33 AM | Report abuse

hey, he knew what he was doing. "YouTube! I Guarantee you!" Says it all, so I see no harm in laughing. He obviously enjoyed doing it.

Posted by: EricS2 | March 14, 2009 2:36 AM | Report abuse

the best thing about ovie is that you would never be bored in his company. he clearly knows how to laugh at himself too. how could anyone not like this guy? =D

Posted by: spinner-33 | March 14, 2009 8:16 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: tess2201 | March 14, 2009 8:28 AM | Report abuse

@leftcoast

This has been going on for a long time here in DC. Lots of sports stars (Redskins) here do these commercials and they are SUPPOSED to be silly and stupid.

It has always been BIG TIME NFL stars..I think it's cool Ovie does it, and he will get major publicity here in DC for it. Espcially from the Redskins fans that arent into hockey.

Posted by: SA-Town | March 14, 2009 9:46 AM | Report abuse

Here is an example. Ray Lewis, Arrington, Haywood. It is supposed to be a joke.

Posted by: SA-Town | March 14, 2009 9:47 AM | Report abuse

Where's the Mrl? I'm going through withdraw. I can't take it anymore.

Posted by: ludeman95 | March 14, 2009 9:59 AM | Report abuse

Someone better rescue OV from his current PR guy.

Posted by: opita1 | March 14, 2009 10:29 AM | Report abuse

Sorry, guys, I'm still not buying it. It's like they pranked our boy and we're supposed to laugh at it nervously and go "Yay, Ovi." Sorry.

*pulls stick out of his butt* Yeah, no, that ain't the reason why I'm thinking that Eastern Motors should be banned from doing that to anyone. Especially to our Ovi.

Have at it though. Here's hoping they donated something to a charity of his or something. Otherwise, boo on his PR guy.

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | March 14, 2009 4:22 PM | Report abuse