Alzner Returned to Hershey

The morning skate hasn't begun yet, but I'm hearing rookie defenseman Karl Alzner has been returned to Hershey. Alzner was recalled on an emergency basis earlier this week but he did not appear in a game.

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  May 8, 2009; 10:46 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Beagle Recalled From Hershey
Next: Boudreau on Crosby: 'He's the Second-Best Player In the World'

Comments

and booo!

Posted by: woodsidej1 | May 8, 2009 10:55 AM | Report abuse

beagle? liked what i saw when he was up earlier this season, but not sure why aucoin bourque or osala weren't called up.

beagle can get pretty chippy right?

Posted by: _stevo | May 8, 2009 10:58 AM | Report abuse

The Bears really need Alzner -- two D's got banged up in their last game.

Posted by: bucknelldad | May 8, 2009 11:00 AM | Report abuse

Does Beagle have a rep for clearing out the crease and crashing the opponents' net? If so, awesome. If not, I'm not disappointed, but a little puzzled why it would be him over Aucoin.

Posted by: ModestProposal | May 8, 2009 11:01 AM | Report abuse

We definitely need to hit tonight. Cannot let them skate thru zone playing patty cake. That kills me to watch.

Posted by: bhound69 | May 8, 2009 11:02 AM | Report abuse

From previous thread:

Some of the missed calls would have created momentum swings because they were offensive zone penalties by the Pens that were not called, and kept the pressure on. Two obvious ones were:

1. Varly being run over in the crease. Blow the whistle, put us on the PP like they should have, the pressure in the zone is off, Brads and Steckel are resting on the bench, and Varly is a spectator for at least 1 1/2 mins and getting rest.

2. Loose puck next to our net, Brads goes for it (watched it again last night, thought it was Morrison, it was Brads) Orpik plows over him before Brads even gets the puck, Fedetenko gains control and two more shots are generated. Blow the whistle at that point to call interference, Brads, Stecks, and Varly again get rest.

The overall impact of calls that should have been made is that the Pens shutdown line centered by Staal, is out killing penalties. Their D is getting more fatigued and Fleury more fatigued. Now you have an even game. It's not that hard to figure out. WE CONTROLLED THE FIRST 14 MINUTES OF THE GAME. Then the penalties started.

The penalty disparity has been obvious since the start of game 1.

Posted by: fanohock1 | May 8, 2009 11:03 AM | Report abuse

This is good. That hoepfully means Big John is ready or close. Sloan has done ok and can be the backup. Let Karl get some more ice time in the Bears playoff run to make him that much better next year.

It will be good to see Beagle mucking things up and sticking his rear in Fleury's face.

Posted by: _Mark | May 8, 2009 11:08 AM | Report abuse

I say that means erskine or schultz is back heres hoping its erskine!

Posted by: overtime | May 8, 2009 11:09 AM | Report abuse

I'm hoping that means Erskine is going to play. He is a presence on the ice and will help the Caps assert some physical dominance in front of their own crease which has been lacking since his injury.

Posted by: CheckingLine | May 8, 2009 11:14 AM | Report abuse

I would be surprised if we see Schultz in this series. I think his confidence may be hurting just as much or more than his back.

I think Beagle as a Wing on the fourth line with Clark and Gordon sounds a lot better than the fourth line in Game 3.

Posted by: Kim-3 | May 8, 2009 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Poor Karl. he really seemed so thrilled to just be able to watch the games in his suit. And I think he was happier for Sloan than Slaon was! I love that kid.

Posted by: RedBirdie | May 8, 2009 11:41 AM | Report abuse

I knew before the game after all the WHINNING the pens did, and going into their house it was gonna be tough, but I didn't think it was gonna be that one-sided. I am still shaking my head at the one they called on Varly.

I think the penalties will be fairly even tonight since George complained abount how one-sided they were. If they call the touch fouls on them like they do us, we should be in good shape.

Posted by: Capsfannmiss | May 8, 2009 11:43 AM | Report abuse

Is federov ok? (sorry if I spell his name wrong)

Posted by: NJNJ | May 8, 2009 11:46 AM | Report abuse

"I have my reasons" I love Bruce and I love it when be gets all secretive. Makes me feel better, like they have something good up their sleeves. Don't remember much about beagle but if BB is picking him there must be a good reason.

As for alzner I guess that's a good thing, meaning poti might be ok after taking 2 shots to the ankle/leg last game. Hoping this all means Erskine, Sloan and Beagle for Nyls

Posted by: mrszilla | May 8, 2009 11:47 AM | Report abuse

Is federov ok? (sorry if I spell his name wrong)

probably not Ok, but those old Commies never stop playing :) Gotta respect a guy who might have broken a rib for getting back out there. (actually, gotta respect a guy who is 39 for going out there every night and playing his heart out. Love him)

(its Fedorov, btw)

Posted by: RedBirdie | May 8, 2009 11:52 AM | Report abuse

Semin injured?

Posted by: cocorules | May 8, 2009 12:48 PM | Report abuse

Valencia VS Real Madrid

Willhill 2.25 3.25 2.70
2.40 3.30 2.90 93.9%

For R.Madrid, PEPE is a big problem and lost the race with Barca. Valencia has been stopped winning and they really need a quick return in order to keep the hope.

Both teams will have something to prove in this match as they are desperate top make amends for the heavy defeats in the last round. We expect a very open match and over 2.5 goals looks like a logical choice.

From http://www.nowgoal.com/21.shtml