As snow falls, Caps tell fans to hurry home after game

The Capitals just announced to fans at Verizon Center that above-ground Metrorail trains will cease operation tonight at 11 and that fans must be on trains leaving the game by 10:30 in order to be able to get off at those stops.

There were some groans as the announcement was made over the public address system.

The Capitals have sold out 34 straight home games, although the arena appeared roughly 70 percent full for tonight's game against Atlanta.

By Gene Wang  |  February 5, 2010; 8:31 PM ET
 | Tags: Atlanta Thrashers
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Live chat: Thrashers at Caps
Next: Caps push win streak to 13

Comments

I made it home first!

Posted by: vawoodworker84 | February 5, 2010 9:15 PM | Report abuse

Anyone know what happened to Backstrom? The Atlanta reporters don't know, or haven't updated. I'm hoping just migraines again.

Posted by: Aldred15 | February 5, 2010 9:20 PM | Report abuse

@ Aldred

No official word, but I'm guessing it's migraines.

Posted by: elicea | February 5, 2010 9:26 PM | Report abuse

13 straight! Hell yeah! Next up, Pittsburgh. LOVE THIS TEAM!

Posted by: elicea | February 5, 2010 9:35 PM | Report abuse

Snow... such an inconvenience. Do you realize it is raining in San Diego and that means I must actually wear a freaking coat outside? The audacity of clouds. Show sympathy for the west coast. Loving the Caps streak. GO CAPS!!!!

Posted by: copedog311 | February 5, 2010 9:42 PM | Report abuse

Well, I'm very glad Ted got to have his game. I know he was worried that he might have to cancel and lose all those ticket proceeds. It's so hard to make the payments on all those houses.

Seriously, I hope everyone gets home safe.

Posted by: kposey12 | February 5, 2010 10:30 PM | Report abuse

Seriously, I hope everyone gets home safe.
Posted by: kposey12 | February 5, 2010 10:30 PM |

It's time for Ted to do what he can to make this team great & this town great.

ps...I hope you didn't.