Aucoin and Osala Recalled, Semin Skating

Keith Aucoin and Oskar Osala are both on the ice this morning, having been recalled from Hershey. Coach Bruce Boudreau said yesterday that Donald Brashear wouldn't be ready to play, so it's possible one of them could fill his spot in the lineup.

Brashear is practicing with the team right now, though rather than on his own, skating with Matt Bradley and Eric Fehr. Alexander Semin is also skating after missing yesterday's practice with those infamous flu-like symptoms.

Alex Ovechkin was on the ice in warmups briefly, skating alongside his usual partners of Nicklas Backstrom and Viktor Kozlov.

For those who were wondering after yesterday's experiment, John Erskine is back in a black defensive jersey.

By Katie Carrera  |  March 27, 2009; 10:03 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Caps Look to Ramp Up in Time for Playoffs
Next: Schultz Out Tonight

Comments

not sure erskine has the speed to play forward...he's clumsy enough in front of our own net...he'd probably block all the wrong shots if we stuck him in front of the opposition.

Posted by: netminder71 | March 27, 2009 10:08 AM | Report abuse

kinda wanted to see how the lumberjack would do on the 4th line, but glad to see osala get another shot

Posted by: _stevo | March 27, 2009 10:09 AM | Report abuse

Funny article on Winkler, Manitoba and Fehr. Just for S&G's I went to Google Maps and looked it up. On the left they have pics of the area. First one is one of about 8" of snow taken by Jim Fehr. The next is of downtown from the water tower by Penners1. In a town, er, city of 10,000, Jim's gotta be related.

Posted by: Greg S. | March 27, 2009 10:26 AM | Report abuse

Katie:
Aucoin took a puck to the face in the Bears game Wed night. Does he look ok?

Posted by: tess2201 | March 27, 2009 10:32 AM | Report abuse

Tinker with the lines to get Flash scoring again but jeez, Erskine on the LW? Gimme a break. Lets no go crazy BB.

Posted by: dsphvywght | March 27, 2009 10:33 AM | Report abuse

They tried Erskine up front? It tells me two things:
1. Need to make room for Pothier
2. We desperately need some toughness up front - and nobody in the system can provide it.

Regardless of what Tampa Bay is saying publicly, I think Ovechkin will get something done to him in this game. A big hit, or some extra face-washing, whatever, something will happen to him.

The whole "Erskine" experiment worries me and smacks a bit at desperation, but based on how the team has played the last two weeks, I guess I can't blame Boudreau for trying.

Hopefully, the team works out its issues, and the sense of urgency returns...otherwise, same old story for Washington Caps hockey....1st round elimination.

Posted by: Jaymagz | March 27, 2009 10:55 AM | Report abuse

@Jaymagz:

I'll hope for the best. I can see some value in learning from your mistakes from last year. A number of more experienced posters than me are pretty wise to the fact that the situation is a little bit different this year and that maybe last year's experience was more about not having enough in the tank since they were hustling to even get into the playoffs and then not really having enough by the time they got there. Things are different, so I'm hearing, and being a new Capitals fan, I'm not inclined to think that they're gonna' go out as easily as you're making it sound. Still, it's your opinion but I'm not inclined to think that way and as a fan, I'd like to think you have a better view of the Capitals than that.

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | March 27, 2009 11:39 AM | Report abuse