Aucoin To Hershey, Cutta To Europe

Center Keith Aucoin just told me on his way out of the KCI that has been assigned to Hershey. This, of course, is not a surprise since he was signed to be a depth player. (Aucoin, by the way, does have to clear waivers, though he doesn't have to be placed on them today, I'm told.)

Defenseman Jakub Cutta, meantime, has been cut. He was a training camp invitee and now plans to return to Europe, I'm told. He really struggled in three preseason games, often fumbling the puck or failing to clear it or just being out of position. He said last week that if things didn't work out here that he had a few options in the Czech Republic lined up.

Also, Viktor Kozlov (groin) is not on the ice this morning.

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  September 30, 2008; 10:38 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Caps Hang On In New Jersey, 3-2
Next: Post Practice Briefing

Comments

evceryone still in bed on the east coast?

Posted by: wendel | September 30, 2008 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Bourgue and Fehr next?

Posted by: wendel | September 30, 2008 10:59 AM | Report abuse

I hope Bourque makes the team somehow. That would be a great story.

Posted by: Jordan | September 30, 2008 11:00 AM | Report abuse

I would love to see Chris Bourque make the team...he is a hard worker, energy player.

Posted by: MikeR | September 30, 2008 11:05 AM | Report abuse

Fehr would have to clear waivers wouldn't he? In which case I don't see him being sent down.

Posted by: SM | September 30, 2008 11:05 AM | Report abuse

I don't think he has to clear waivers because they sent him down to help out hershey in the playoffs at the end of last year.

Posted by: Jordan | September 30, 2008 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Please keep Bourque!

Interesting that no team has picked up the Bulin Wall today. Perhaps Chicago did not trade him because they had no offers. He would seem to fit in well with a team now under the cap. i know that LA has been talking about the need to "develope their own goalie", but could he not help in that process?

Posted by: Bob | September 30, 2008 11:18 AM | Report abuse

I would just like to repeat

"All of Columbus'(7) goals came against Cristobal Huet, a free agent signed to a four-year, $22.5 million deal in July. Huet, who finished with 15 saves, is the Blackhawks' new top goalie, likely taking over for Nikolai Khabibulin, who was placed on waivers Monday. Khabibulin is entering the final season of a four-year, $27 million contract."

He,He,He,He

Posted by: Bob | September 30, 2008 11:25 AM | Report abuse

Fehr and Gordo would have to clear waivers. Bourque gets sent down but not for long. Get rid of Kozlov and lets let some of these kids shine.

Posted by: 94 | September 30, 2008 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Let's get rid of 94 instead! Who's going to come up from Hershey and get 60 points to replace Kozlov?

Posted by: Jordan | September 30, 2008 11:42 AM | Report abuse

I agree that I would love to see Bourque make the team. He has great energy and is one tenacious SOB! Please don't spew out the same nonsense that he is too small. There are plenty of smaller guys in the NHL. St. Louis, Kapanen, Gionta, Marc Savard, Briere, Kane, Whitney, Bouchard, Kariya are all great players that are 5'10 or smaller. I'd like to see the kid get a shot.

Posted by: BearsWoooo | September 30, 2008 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Jordon......I beleive Fehr has run out of options. Last year was the laSt year he could go down without clearning waivers. Not totally sure, but pretty close. I think once you get past your intial 3 year deal, you must clear them.

Posted by: Rich C | September 30, 2008 11:46 AM | Report abuse

I am sick and "f"ing tired about hearing how Crysby is "the marquee player in the game". This guys is "the most overrated player in the game". If there was an award for most points due to second assists, Crysby is all over it. I foresee them being middle of the pack team and having to become a one line pony. That doesn't work in the NHL anymore. I am feeling that they won't even win their division. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST.

Posted by: 94 | September 30, 2008 11:54 AM | Report abuse

Is the story about bourgue a great story cause of his dad? Is this another gustafson? who his dad is shouldnt matter.

Posted by: wendel | September 30, 2008 11:54 AM | Report abuse

94, you liking Alzner yet?

Posted by: Steve R | September 30, 2008 11:54 AM | Report abuse

Rich C,

You might be right. I dunno how that crap works.

BearsWooo,

Have you been to an away Bears game? I'm going to at least one game on the Norfolk weekend trip coming up. Wondering what to expect!

Posted by: Jordan | September 30, 2008 11:56 AM | Report abuse

Who are bourgue and gustafson?

Posted by: @ wendel | September 30, 2008 12:07 PM | Report abuse

@Jordan

I'm probably going to the 10/10 Bears/Admirals game. Let me know if you wanna meet up or if you need any info on local watering holes.

Posted by: fullright | September 30, 2008 12:08 PM | Report abuse

Go to Kelly's. Good burgers and the Bass ale is tasty.

Posted by: Steve R | September 30, 2008 12:11 PM | Report abuse

@Steve R

right you are! Are you gonna make it down for any games this season?

Posted by: fullright | September 30, 2008 12:29 PM | Report abuse

Heheh "groin".

Posted by: brad | September 30, 2008 12:31 PM | Report abuse

Jordo?

Get rid of #94.....Not happenning...Let me see, I have a trash can out back of my house that can get 60 points with an OV and a Backs. Actually isn't the Coke machine trying to break into sports. I am sure that OV and Backs could bank 30 and 30 off of it in an 82 game schedule. (By the way he only had 54 points last season)

Oh and please pray that Kozlov is with us for the playoffs. How many PO games has this man played and how many goals/points has he scored?

Ill give a hint, hes played the legal drinking, bought a sixpack, all of which he gave to other people. Translation: He is a ghost in the playoffs. (Just a side note, he is a combined -11).

Point is, with the development of these hungry kids (Bourque, Fehr, Flash), Clarkie can go to the first line (He had 54 points with Zubbie 3/4 of the year and JIRI NOVOTNY for the rest 2 years ago) and these kids can fit in to the two remaining roster spots.

That might even open up some dolla dolla bills to bring up everyone's favorite not ready dman Alzner....

Posted by: 94 | September 30, 2008 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Am I missing something?

TSN:

Huet stopped 22 of 23 shots in the the Blackhawks 7-1 win over the the Columbus Blue Jackets on Monday. Khabibulin was expected to start in Sunday's preseason game against the Dallas Stars but was not on the ice or the bench for the game. Antti Niemi got the start and Corey Crawford served as his back-up.

NHL.com:

All of Columbus' goals came against Cristobal Huet, a free agent signed to a four-year, $22.5 million deal in July. Huet, who finished with 15 saves, is the Blackhawks' new top goalie, likely taking over for Nikolai Khabibulin, who was placed on waivers Monday. Khabibulin is entering the final season of a four-year, $27 million contract.

HMMMMMMM.....I am kinda confused.

Posted by: #94 | September 30, 2008 12:38 PM | Report abuse

From TSN: They think Chicago/Huet won on Monday against Columbus!

Chicago Blackhawks goalie Nikolai Khabibulin cleared waivers on Tuesday as speculation of a trade continues.

Khabibulin became expendable in Chicago when the Blackhawks signed free agent goaltender Cristobal Huet to a four-year, $22.5 million contract over the summer.

Posted by: LFR | September 30, 2008 12:40 PM | Report abuse

@94

Lol, can't give alzner a break can you. But I do hear you on that big oaf Koz.

Going to 6 Flags on Thurs? Caps are going to be there... MORE FUN!

Posted by: Super | September 30, 2008 12:43 PM | Report abuse

@ Tarik

nice article on Green! Always good to get some background info on a player's upbringing. Nice to hear he's bulked up a bit, is a humble guy, and is ready to earn that new paycheck!

Posted by: fullright | September 30, 2008 12:44 PM | Report abuse

fullright,

I should be able to get down for a game. It might not be against the Bears though. I'll be visiting family down there a some point during the winter, will let you know when it gets closer.

Posted by: Steve R | September 30, 2008 12:48 PM | Report abuse

I am giving Alzner a break. He can play top minutes in Hershey with his boy Godfrey. Gaining that experience in the A will absolutely help him in the long run. From what I hear, Greenie-Mo, Poti-Schultzy have already locked up the top 4. Our boy Erskine is a great fit for 10-12 mins a game at the discounted price of 500k per year. Don't care who plays with him, Juice or Sammi.

Posted by: #94 | September 30, 2008 12:50 PM | Report abuse

The Blackhawks lost
You-Eh let in 7 of 22 shots
Great way to show up the night they waive you competition and make you the number one goalie!
I'm not sure about JT, he will have to show me, but I am sure that I'm glad we don't have You-Eh. He will be playing in France after the next three years.

Posted by: Bob | September 30, 2008 12:54 PM | Report abuse

@Steve R

sounds good! we'll get some burgers and Bass, or hit up O'Sullivan's! Unfortunatelty, i just moved to Va Beach and don't live a stones throw from the Scope anymore:(

Posted by: fullright | September 30, 2008 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Jordan

I've been Bears games in Scranton and it wasn't too bad. The people around me were pretty cool. They gave me some ribbing about the Bears and I gave it right back to them about the baby pens, but we all laughed, talked hockey, and had a good time. All in good fun. Not all their fans are so classy though. The last Bears game I went to last year was a home game against Scranton. I had a rather large, burly woman(?) sit next to me. She had more ink on her neck and forearms than the Sunday comics and a smile like a plate full of baked beans. She screamed raunchy filth at the top of her lungs all night. All I could think was that somewhere in the greater Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area, there was a very quiet trailer park that evening... I've never been to a game in Norfolk but I can't imagine the fans being more obnoxious than that saucy little vixen from Scranton or some of the loudmouth know-it-alls from Philly.

Posted by: BearsWoooo | September 30, 2008 12:57 PM | Report abuse

Borgue.......resistance is futile, you must assimilate.

Posted by: C-way | September 30, 2008 1:06 PM | Report abuse

That'll work fullright. Kelly's is a short stumble for me to get back to my Mom's, around .25 a mile I'd guess.

Posted by: Steve R | September 30, 2008 1:09 PM | Report abuse

@BearsWooo

hahaha.. I think that woman has a brother that's a Devils fan. I got stuck behind him (literally, he was so big he pushed the seat backwards into my knees) when they beat us at home in OT last year. He was really damn obnoxious when they scored the winner, which was funny because he was alone in a sea of Caps fans. So I asked him if he was a "big" Devils fan.. and laughed real hard when he proudly said he was the biggest.

Posted by: Jordan | September 30, 2008 1:10 PM | Report abuse

Do you think Keith Aucoin Will be claimed off of Waviers when they try to send him down and what teams do you think would claim him

Posted by: Suezanne | September 30, 2008 1:59 PM | Report abuse

i think carolina might try and snag him back, especially with their current injury situation

Posted by: Anonymous | September 30, 2008 4:12 PM | Report abuse

Before you fry Koz

Copied and pasted from a previous comment

Well Well Well
To All the Koz bashers.....just a couple of random thoughts. CHEMISTRY....the guy fits in well with the TEAM. Young Simeon had nothing but GREAT things to say about Koz and how he helped him getting accustomed to things, especially before his first outing. The man is "THE MAN" on the shoot-outs. The shoot-outs are "Swing points" sometimes the difference for making the play-off and not. Last year was his first year here, along with Poti, i would be willing to bet he nets more goals in his second season with us.

Posted by: Capsfannmiss | September 30, 2008 9:33 AM