Bog Chat: Caps Bring It on Home

Here's an excerpt from Agent Bog's Caps chat today:

Atlanta, Ga.: Coming into Game 6, I got the sense that the Caps had a desperate, yet a "we'll-show-them" kind of an attitude. How would you describe the attitude of the Penguins coming into Game 7?
Dan Steinberg: You know, we all leave the Caps (or Penguins) dressing room and say, "Jeez, I'm not sure I like what I just saw," or "Wow, they're full of confidence, eh?" But it kind of doesn't matter, to be honest.
Easily the loosest and most confident I've seen the Caps in these playoffs was in MSG after Game 3. I was convinced they were gonna rattle off three straight to win in 6. Then they lost Game 4. But they still seemed confident. Yesterday morning, the media psychologists (including me) thought the Caps seemed considerably tighter. Shows what we know.
Although really, an overtime crossbar separated us from you asking me right now, "Why weren't the Caps desperate enough yesterday?" Getting out-shot 18-5 in the first isn't necessarily a sign of desperation.
So anyhow, I'm in D.C. and not Pittsburgh, so I can't speak much to the Pens, but my hunch is both teams would really really like to win this game tomorrow, that it'll be well-placed and closely contested and that the team that loses will have a few moments they could turn to and say "a few inches, or a different call right there, and we might have won."
Boudreau has really nailed it: the true shame is that all this is happening in the second round.
(Which no doubt means that disrespected Carolina will go on to win it all.)

Tarik will be chatting tomorrow at 3 p.m. (URL to come.)

By Lindsay Applebaum  |  May 12, 2009; 2:55 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Laich: Discipline for Caps 'An Achilles' Heel'
Next: Video: Gonchar, Penalties and Stick Support

Comments

FIRST~ CAPS WIN IN 7!

Posted by: my92agsr | May 12, 2009 3:07 PM | Report abuse

Lindsay,

Can you post an update tonight on the Hershey game after it is over?

Posted by: lylewimbledon | May 12, 2009 3:09 PM | Report abuse

Yep. CAPS in 7.

Posted by: ejohnsto | May 12, 2009 3:09 PM | Report abuse

Caps will win in 7 if Mike Green ever decides to show up and play the kind of hockey he did during the regular season.

By far and away, in my opinon, the biggest player disapointment of the last 13 games. I think his goofy, dufuss mowhawk must be getting in the way.

Get haircut and show up for your teamates tomorrow night Mike and make us proud.

Go Caps!

Posted by: capper3 | May 12, 2009 3:13 PM | Report abuse

Sure, I'd be glad to update you on Hershey.

Posted by: Lindsay_Applebaum | May 12, 2009 3:15 PM | Report abuse

Hey, that was my question! I'm so honored ;-P

Caps rule, Versus sucks, and Semin must score!

Posted by: paperboy76 | May 12, 2009 3:35 PM | Report abuse

@capper3: With all due respect, I think you could root for the Capitals without sounding like a Penguins fan. I'd respect your opinion more if you didn't come off like a tool. You don't know what's going on with Green and slinging insults at him like that doesn't exactly help him in any shape or form, to perform better. Try finding a better way to motivate them. Your method just blows on so many levels.

C'mon, Green, you can do it!

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | May 12, 2009 4:19 PM | Report abuse

So what is wrong with Mike Green? Is it an injury that we are always vague to report, or is it that he has been given marching orders by BB to be more of a Stay-at-Home defenseman in the playoffs?

Posted by: TrackCollector | May 12, 2009 4:30 PM | Report abuse

Still can't believe that Tarik said "well, it's time to break out the golf clubs" yesterday after the Caps fell behind 1-0, lol. Ye of little faith!

Posted by: cali_snowboarder | May 12, 2009 6:02 PM | Report abuse

cali_snowboarder: When did Tarik say that?

Posted by: rachel216 | May 12, 2009 6:12 PM | Report abuse

Semin had a great game 6, lets hope he lights the lamp tomorrow again. Great play on the delayed penalty behind the net to keep the puck alive and help create the goal. I hope he enjoys the big stage tomorrow...

Posted by: WritingLight | May 13, 2009 1:19 AM | Report abuse