Boudreau Inks Book Deal

Want to know all there is about Coach Bruce Boudreau and his storybook rise from obscure minor league coach to Jack Adams Award winner? Well, your wait is almost over.

Potomac Books (Dulles, Va.) announced this morning that Boudreau's autobiography, co-written with Bears beat writer Tim Leone, will be on sale at your local bookstore in time for next hockey season.

"I thought it was going to be, 'Who wants to read about me?." Boudreau said after practice this morning. "Some people have read it and said they were pretty entertained by it and they enjoyed it."

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  October 31, 2008; 1:18 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Post-Practice Notes and Quotes
Next: Boudreau: "I think Crosby is unbelievable"

Comments

Can't wait to read it. Awesome.

Posted by: _jordan | October 31, 2008 1:51 PM | Report abuse

Next season??? But I want it in my stocking this Christmas!

Posted by: Section303 | October 31, 2008 2:19 PM | Report abuse

Illiterate I am. sucks.

Posted by: Semvechkin | October 31, 2008 2:21 PM | Report abuse

BB is the Man! I think we have the most entertaining coach in the league.

Posted by: _Tim | October 31, 2008 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Next season??? But I want it in my stocking this Christmas!

Posted by: Section303 | October 31, 2008 2:19 PM
------------------------
But if they wait till the end of this season to publish, maybe there'll be a very fun chapter to add at the end!

Posted by: tess2201 | October 31, 2008 2:34 PM | Report abuse

I'm with Tess...I'll wait til next year if it's called "From Slapshot extra to Stanley Cup Coach- The Bruce Boudreau story"!

Posted by: TheCapitalist1 | October 31, 2008 2:47 PM | Report abuse

lets help him out with some potential titles...

"Slapshot to Big Shot-How I rose from movie extra to A lister"

"Winning NHL Coach of the Year in My First Year in the NHL After A Lifetime in the Minors for Dummies"

Posted by: dcsportsfan1 | October 31, 2008 2:47 PM | Report abuse

whats the title? how about:

"Winning NHL Coach of the Year After Less Than One Year in the NHL After A Lifetime in the Minors for Dummies"

Posted by: dcsportsfan1 | October 31, 2008 2:48 PM | Report abuse

@Semvechkin I promise I'll read it to you. You just have to be patient when I pause to look up the big words.

Posted by: TheCapitalist1 | October 31, 2008 2:54 PM | Report abuse

They should make a movie.

I think a bald Jack Nicholson would do. Charlie Sheen can be McPhee and Dauber from "Coach" can be Erskine.

Posted by: SA-Town | October 31, 2008 3:18 PM | Report abuse

And I'll be Ovie's body double for the scenes with the Russian supermodels

Posted by: TheCapitalist1 | October 31, 2008 3:24 PM | Report abuse

semin could be played by one of the hobbits' from Lord of the Rings, i think it was froto or sam

Posted by: _stevo | October 31, 2008 4:42 PM | Report abuse

Frodo already plays for Tampa.

Posted by: Steve_R | October 31, 2008 4:55 PM | Report abuse

Ovechkin played by the caveman from the geico commercials

Posted by: capsfan416 | October 31, 2008 5:03 PM | Report abuse

Been away. Some catch up thoughts:

Ov's text to Semin. Have to think that was in Russian so Semin would have had to relay the message to his teammates instead of just passing the phone round. Did he use an interpreter for that too??

A win without OV is always a big two points but its great that this year the guys are doing the business without him. So much for the 1 man team.

Brash - worth every penny. Besides who's gonna tell him he's getting a reduction in salary?

Erskine as a forward? Shouldn't he learn to play D first?

Where's JSchon? Jail? Mexico? Mexican jail?Not seen him since registration was introduced.

The interview with Semin was class. Love the way he dissed Cindy. Classic.

As its Halloween what are you all dressing up as tonight? I know you are all mad for that stuff over there! (He says making a sweeping generalisation of a whole nation).

Oh and in any BB film, Ovechkin would have to be played by the guy who played Jaws in the Bond films. They could be twins although I bet OV hits harder.

Posted by: DaveUKCapsFan | October 31, 2008 5:25 PM | Report abuse

Dave,
LOL to all of the above. (And an unmarked Capital. Shoulda bought that Brads jersey, would have gone well with the black eye and split lip I have planned.)

Happy Halloween everyone! Enjoy your night!

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | October 31, 2008 5:58 PM | Report abuse

I actually plan to put on my helmet, pads, and hockey pants (none of which have been worn in years now) and my Tikkanen jersey, and go as Esa Tikkanen.

Posted by: Baildog | October 31, 2008 6:11 PM | Report abuse

Everyone,

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere on this blog, but, if you haven't had a chance, check out our boy, Sems dissing on Cindy a little bit. I was glad to see it. Let the truth ring out, Alexander! :) Here is the link:

Posted by: Puckdawg69 | October 31, 2008 7:18 PM | Report abuse

@jmu

I wish I had a Brads too. But my Hunter worked pretty well with the two black eyes and bloody lip. I scared a few little ones dressed as princesses and ninja turtles.

Posted by: Kim-3 | October 31, 2008 9:23 PM | Report abuse

Bears update:
Tonight the Bears won 4-3 in a shootout against the Albany River Rats [Carolina farm team]. Bears put 35 shots on goal. Scorers were Alex Giroux, Andrew Gordon, and Oskar Osala. Giroux and Aucoin scored in the shootout. Special teams play not so great... 0 for 8 on the power play. Gave up 2 power play goals to the Rats. Bobby Goepfert in goal for Hershey, his first AHL start. Machesney will play tomorrow against Philly. Varlamov expected to be cleared from IR on Monday.

Posted by: tess2201 | October 31, 2008 9:51 PM | Report abuse

Dave:
I don't think all Americans are mad for Halloween, but I suppose that you could say I am ... why do you think my name is Boo!?!? ;-)

Posted by: Boo- | October 31, 2008 10:47 PM | Report abuse

Go Bears! Its good to hear Varly's recovering well.
So the split lip turned into a bloody nose, but I have to say, I'm pretty attached to my black eye. May try to recreate it for work tomorrow. I'm sure my boss would appreciate it. :P

Got a few "Go Caps!" from the folks on the street. Will be watching the game tomorrow on delay and with the Buffalo feed. Can't wait to see the guys chasing Crunchy Miller out of the net. Let's Go Caps!!!

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | November 1, 2008 12:34 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: tess2201 | November 1, 2008 9:36 AM | Report abuse

So here I am in Buffalo, getting ready for the game tonight! I am pumped! LET'S GO CAPS!!!

BTW. How do you change your screen name for your comments? I tried to find it and was unsuccessful.

*SUPER*