Boudreau on Ovechkin's 50th goal

Capitals Coach Bruce Boudreau was liberal with the praise following a 5-2 victory over Atlanta tonight, especially for star players Alex Ovechkin and Nicklas Backstrom. Here's some of what he had to say about Ovechkin during his postgame news conference:

By Gene Wang  |  April 9, 2010; 10:36 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Theodore continues strong play
Next: Ovechkin hits 50, Backstrom gets 100

Comments

Just got back from the VC - who knew a meaningless game against an out of the playoffs opponent would be so much fun! LET'S GO CAPS!!!

Posted by: Thisistheyear | April 9, 2010 10:56 PM | Report abuse

Could Theo be consider as MVP for the Caps?
Should Schultz be consider for the Norris?
I know, I know, Sacrebleu!! How can I be saying that, with OV and Green on the team?
The point is, this is a team sport and there are many players with great contributions that are flying under the radar.

Posted by: hock1 | April 9, 2010 10:57 PM | Report abuse

Tarik,

Don't know what you are hearing...seemed pretty tame and accurate comments.

Posted by: ralCapsFan | April 9, 2010 11:10 PM | Report abuse

Gene nice job with the updates - CI posting machine never breaks

Posted by: Capt_Kirk_in_AZ | April 9, 2010 11:11 PM | Report abuse

Sure, there are many Caps flying under the radar but Schultz being considered for the Norris is abit of a stretch. He has a top +/- but there are probably 5-6 other blueliners in his caliber that surpase him in other categories that defenseman require. Just my duex cents.

Posted by: BernieWolfeFan1 | April 9, 2010 11:11 PM | Report abuse

ShaMo was good again tonight. He really wants to be here next year. He has stepped up his game, especially the hitting. I hope we keep him here and hungry with continued one-year contracts.

Posted by: crooks_c | April 9, 2010 11:51 PM | Report abuse

Schultz in no way should be considered for the Norris.

Posted by: richmondphil | April 9, 2010 11:59 PM | Report abuse

Schultz in no way should be considered for the Norris.

Posted by: richmondphil | April 9, 2010 11:59 PM

i know - sloan for Norris

Posted by: Capt_Kirk_in_AZ | April 10, 2010 12:07 AM | Report abuse

There's a nice gallery at NHL.com from tonight's game:

There's even photographic evidence there of Schultz hitting someone! :)

Posted by: blackjack65 | April 10, 2010 12:30 AM | Report abuse

I saw people were asking about the "all your fault" goalie taunt during the live game chat. Am I alone in thinking this chant is LAME? I took my sister to a game this year and when people did it she was like, oh hah, we used to do that all the time at BU hockey games.

How about we go back to saying the goalie's name in a singsongy way. Just about anything would be better than "1-2-3-4-5 all your fault."

Posted by: letsgocaps3 | April 10, 2010 2:04 AM | Report abuse

"1-2-3-4-5 all your fault." I can handle.

"1. It's all your fault" when the score is 1-1 is beyond lame.

Posted by: psujohn | April 10, 2010 8:20 AM | Report abuse

Is it not great to be a Caps fan? Also, am I the only one that saw the knee on knee Green suffered in the 3rd. We are lucky he wasn't severly injured.

Posted by: fanohock1 | April 10, 2010 11:13 AM | Report abuse