Boudreau on Theo: 'He was by far our best player'

The story of tonight's game pretty much begins and ends with goalie Jose Theodore, who continued to strengthen his grip on the No. 1 job with a 30 save shutout of the Rangers at Verizon Center.

Check out my game story here, then come on back for some notes and quotes:

*After making fun of me for holding up a flipcam in his postgame press conference, Coach Bruce Boudreau praised Theodore, calling the veteran "by far our best player" and saying that he's "brimming with confidence."

*Alex Ovechkin took a game-high seven shots, but his goal drought still grew. The two-time MVP did not record a point for the third time in four games and his goal-less stretch has reached six straight, the longest since he failed to score in nine consecutive games Oct. 13-Nov. 10 last season.

When asked about Oveckin, Boudreau also made mention of Nicklas Backstrom, who did not record a point for the third time in five games. The Swede also has only one goal in his past seven games.

"I think if you look a [Nicklas Backstrom] and Alex, they're just off by like half a second," Boudreau said. "Their timing since coming back from the Olympics has been just off a little."

Ovechkin agreed, saying: "I think we're still feeling about [the] losing in the Olympics. It's hard to realize that we lost, and Sweden and Russia don't go nowhere."

To me, they just look tired.

*Theodore, who was in solid position and controlled his rebounds all night, recorded his first shutout since March.

His biggest save came early in the second period with the Caps clinging to a 1-0 lead. Defensemen Shaone Morrisonn and John Carlson had a mixup that resulted in Morrisonn threw a pass from the corner into the slot - right to Brandon Dubinsky. (Morrisonn is lucky it wasn't Marian Gaborik).

"I thought it was a delayed offside," Morrisonn said. "It was a brain fart. It was a mental error you can't have. J.T. Played great and I told him after that I owe him dinner for that."

Theodore added: "It was obviously a key save. There's not a better feeling as a goaltender than when you can bail out a friend, a teammate, like that."

*All of the new Caps (I'm not counting the injured Milan Jurcina) now have at least a point after Eric Belanger scored his first goal and Joe Corvo notched an assists on Eric Fehr's goal.

"I felt better tonight," Belanger said. "I wasn't thinking as much. I was reacting."

Said Corvo: "I think I was little bit more relaxed and just more aware of everything that was going on around me, rather than being real nervous and kind of tight."

*Speaking of Fehr, who has goals in two straight games, you're not the only one who thinks he's looked a little bit faster. Boudreau said he suspects it has something to do with the addition of two new forwards.

"Everybody in that room is a real competitive player and so they want to play," Boudreau said. "And when that happens, you usually find a new way to play a little better, and Eric is one of them."

Boudreau added: "I asked him, 'Have you taken some quick pills lately?'"

The Caps are off tomorrow, but I'm going to write a story for Monday's paper on the gruesome leg laceration Corvo suffered earlier this season in a game against the Caps.

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  March 6, 2010; 11:55 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Tonight's lineup: Rangers at Caps
Next: Joe Corvo ready to max out opportunity with Caps

Comments

POSTGAME THOUGHTS:
Tarik you have to have someone shoot the view that Boudreau sees as he's laughing at you behind that flip cam haha.

A good efficient win tonight. Efficient the right word to use. Theo is in the zone and good to see this team's depth showing even when the big guns are quiet.

Time to relax then dim the Stars who come to town for a showdown on the national stage Monday night.

It's been a two point night.

ICE BREAKERS GOAL SHAKERS

Posted by: Jonathan6 | March 7, 2010 12:14 AM | Report abuse

Eric Fehr has a 2 game goal scoring streak and a 3 game point streak. If not for a change in credit, it maybe could have been a 3 game goal scoring streak but then again, did that just get him more fired up.

The Fehry is unleashed!

Posted by: CapsFan75 | March 7, 2010 12:24 AM | Report abuse

definitely glad Fehr's phone didn't ring the other day. He has upped his game big time this year.

Posted by: zyvo23 | March 7, 2010 12:51 AM | Report abuse

Great game JT60! Hold on to your edge, mon amie. You're playing like a champion.

One game at a time, you can take us all the way. I know it.

Posted by: large23220 | March 7, 2010 1:01 AM | Report abuse

All I can say is...it's a great time to be a Caps fan! I read the news stories - especially those from our opponents' home papers - and they talk about the Caps as being the best team in the East, and I remember all those years when they would write about the "lowly" Caps.

Despite our oft-mentioned concerns about the team or individual players, I think we should really focus on this magical year and the great team that has brought it to us, and think about what additional fun we will have at playoff time. Remember it was only 2 years ago when we had to win every game just in order to squeak into the playoffs!

LET'S GO CAPS!

Posted by: DevilsCapsGal | March 7, 2010 1:07 AM | Report abuse

Jose has been a rock since January. He's our playoff goalie this year.

Posted by: butcherbaker | March 7, 2010 1:10 AM | Report abuse

I think that will be the same line-up as used in the playoffs. Maybe some minor tweaks (Flash to 2nd line center, Bel to 3rd) but that will be the group of players used I think.
Theo looks unreal. If he can play this way in the playoffs, I honestly can't see anyone (yes, even Pitt and Chicago) beating the Caps.

Posted by: Aldred15 | March 7, 2010 1:52 AM | Report abuse

Tarik I disagree that Alex and Nick are tired. Crosby played two or three more games then them and he's in no slump. He had 2 goals and an assist today. Bruce is right though that they seem out of sync. OV had some great chances tonight and didn't finish like he normally does

Posted by: mja712 | March 7, 2010 4:05 AM | Report abuse

Theo was awesome last night and is now cementing his spot as our #1 goalie. SO great to see him step up to the challenge. Couldn't be more happy for him after the things he's gone through this year. I'm amazed at how well our 3 new guys have fit in. I think GMGM is a genius. I'm expecting Corvo to get a goal tomorrow vs. the Stars. A great point was made last night and it's that moves like these, bringing in sorta "less known players" that know their role and accept their role that's going to push us over the top, not superstars like Ilya Kovalchuk with the Devils. (look how well that's doing for them.)

Posted by: rachel216 | March 7, 2010 6:55 AM | Report abuse

@mja712: Why bring up Crosby? He didn't do much in the Olympics. Oh, that little shot at the end? Nice, but so what? Yes, he's still the darling of Canada and the media, but I wouldn't compare him with our Caps.

I agree that Ovi and Backstrom look tired or "off", but I think Ovi put his finger on it when he talked about feeling the loss of the Olympics. It's a world stage, and both of those guys had to be disappointed, no matter how much Caps fans want the Stanley Cup and aren't concerned about gold medals. They'll get their mojo back soon, and it's better to have this funk now than in the playoffs.

Congrats to Jose Theodore on the shut out! Congrats to all the Caps on a fine game.

Posted by: dccitizen1 | March 7, 2010 7:50 AM | Report abuse

Interesting Standings -- 30 pts ahead with five weeks to go. Caps could clinch in a matter of a few games. Way ahead in conference so it's feasible that home ice could be locked up with two or more weeks left in the season.

So if it's all wrapped up except the President's Cup do you let the Russian Machine and have their 'olympic break' before the playoffs? I'm thinking a two game unspecified injury may be just what the Dr. ordered.

Posted by: terlin1 | March 7, 2010 8:13 AM | Report abuse

I'd rather win the Cup as a complete team than lose in the playoffs with Ovie putting up stats and carrying the team. The knock on the Caps in the playoffs in recent years was that they were a 1 player team. This is the first year since Ovie has been with the Caps that the rest of the team can carry water on a nightly basis even when #8 is off his game. Ovie and Backstrom will be back to form soon, but the rest of the roster is battle-ready right now.

Posted by: Kenbeatrizz | March 7, 2010 8:16 AM | Report abuse

Someone needs to address the lack of Wing production last night....not sure what Im gonna do for lunch today now...

unacceptable

Posted by: SA-Town | March 7, 2010 8:16 AM | Report abuse

Crosby doesn't look tired because Crosby didn't have to work nearly as hard in Vancouver. Takes a lot of energy to lay out guys like Jagr. Anyway...March 24 we'll see who is still "tired."

My confidence is very high with this team, and I think they are in a much better position to take momentum into the post season than last year. A year ago they had the SE locked up at this point as well, but were in no contention to catch up in the conference. It's always good to have something to play for; this year it's testing out new lines and chasing the President's Trophy. It may not be the Cup, but it's a goal. I remember this point last year being almost bored, and you could also sense it from the players as well. This year I think we're in for some exciting hockey throughout the final part of the regular season, and that's always good heading into April, May, June...

Posted by: Rainier1 | March 7, 2010 8:18 AM | Report abuse

I was wondering what the joke was about when I saw BB laughing during the coaches post-game interview. It is unfortunate that the people a CSN does not televise the full interview, for some reason they believe their talking heads repeating themselves constantly is more important than what the coach has to say - Come to think about it, they don't do that with the Redskins' coach interview which usually have nothing meaningful to say.

Posted by: hock1 | March 7, 2010 9:04 AM | Report abuse

Ovie needs to get over the Olympics. That can only be an excuse for so long. He is tired, no doubt about it. The Olympics don't pay his salary, the Caps do. They are history, the run for the Cup isn't.

Posted by: ken_berlin | March 7, 2010 9:15 AM | Report abuse

@ SA Town.

good one :-)

they have another 3 games to this homestand, you'll get your wings on monday

Posted by: j762 | March 7, 2010 9:40 AM | Report abuse

i for one am ok to give ovie and backstrom the day off on Monday. Let the ones sitting on the bench play against Dallas. Give the guys some rest and be ready for the playoffs

Posted by: samb99 | March 7, 2010 10:12 AM | Report abuse

They'll get it back. Remember that Ovi's non-scoring streak last season extended to nine games, and that was around the time that his grandfather was ill. He'll be fine, and when he does snap out of it, look out League goalies.

That said, I'd like to see him score, but the fact that he doesn't have to for the Caps to win is a good sign. Does anyone notice that he's not hitting as hard, either?

I don't want them to let up or pass up the President's Trophy. If we can win it, do it, for one reason - that guarantees us home ice for every round we're in the playoffs, no matter what. For a team that does awesome home cooking, that can mean a lot in the playoffs. Home ice could be huge for this team.

Posted by: kittypawz | March 7, 2010 10:12 AM | Report abuse

There's nothing wrong with using a Flip video camera, Tarik.

It does a good job at a very reasonable price.

Bruce is probably used to seeing cameramen with a videocam on their shoulder, but nothing to worry about.

You're a reporter with a camera, not a cameraman.

Posted by: rw-c | March 7, 2010 10:23 AM | Report abuse

@SA-Town

I guess you'll have to eat something else today instead of wings.

(Your remark gave me a chuckle.)

Posted by: CapsFan75 | March 7, 2010 10:44 AM | Report abuse

Semin has been absolutely awesome since the break.

Interesting that BMo may end up the man out in the long run. Last night's lines made sense.

Folks are worried about Ovi and Backstrom not scoring? Take a breath and wait a few minutes. In the meantime, enjoy a bunch of other people scoring.

Posted by: Sonyask | March 7, 2010 10:45 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Rainier1 | March 7, 2010 8:18 AM |

Was this even necessary?

Crosby is 2/3rds of the way towards the Triple Gold. Lets avoid Crosby remarks until he actually does something that warrants it. (Like punching someone in the nuts)

Posted by: richmondphil | March 7, 2010 11:00 AM | Report abuse

I wouldn't say Semin has been awesome since the break. He has been okay.

Think about it this way, regarding the let down from the Olympics. Ask the losing team in the SC Finals how long it takes for them to get over the disappointment. The time it takes for them to "heal" is a non-playing time. These guys had a let down at that level, if not higher, and are having to play in the best professional league in the world. It will heal. Good thing we have such a large lead and a great supporting cast to get us through.

Posted by: CTCapsPhan | March 7, 2010 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Nice that all the new additions are getting points now that the Alexes are in goal slumps. I hope AO busts out of his fink soon - now way do I want to see punka** cindy Crosby get the Rocket Richard trophy - that belongs to Ovie!

Posted by: CAP-lanta | March 7, 2010 11:42 AM | Report abuse

We're the best in the business. Everybody wants to beat us, and they bring their A game every night, especially the guys assigned to our superstars.

The Rangers are a solid team. They have weapons and they are coached mercilessly. They put in a 100% effort against 8, 19 and 28 and shut them down.

However, as will happen on a championship caliber team, when our opponent's attention and energy were diverted toward our superstars, our role players exploited weaknesses.

This is playoff hockey. And, one game at a time, we are going to ply through our opponents, and win the Stanley Cup.

Posted by: large23220 | March 7, 2010 12:22 PM | Report abuse

Also, I am not really interested in hearing about cynthia crysby. Who cares what she's doing? I especially am not interested in hearing doomsayers compare her positively to the Russian Machine.

Are these alarmist spazmos or yinzer trolls?

Posted by: large23220 | March 7, 2010 12:23 PM | Report abuse

I wouldn't say Semin has been awesome since the break. He has been okay. . . .

Posted by: CTCapsPhan | March 7, 2010 11:06 AM | Report abuse

He has not been scoring hugely, true, but look at his defensive game, his steals, his PK work, his puck possession, checks, and his passing. To me he appears to be using his body better, looking big, showing a physical side. All the while not taking penalties. He and Laich seem to be clicking very well too.

Posted by: Sonyask | March 7, 2010 12:43 PM | Report abuse

Little-discussed fact: Crosby got an assist on his gold-winning goal from the referee (or was it a linesman). Granted, it was a secondary assist, of the variety that probably wouldn't have been scored as an assist at all 25 years ago, but it did change everything re where the puck was going at the time. Crosby was about to go up closer to the point to retrieve it, but the ref's skate stopped it. Then his teammate got it, Crosby headed for the net, and history was made.

Posted by: youaresquishy | March 7, 2010 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Somewhat off-topic but does anyone have any thoughts about the Caps new goal song? I haven't really heard it at the games because the crowd noise after a goal has been so loud. But if they want it to be something that catches on, shouldn't we be able to hear it? I'm watching the Hawks/Wings game and they use the same song, everyone can hear and knows it and sings along.

I know the Caps song was the result of a radio contest but shouldn't there be some site that we can hear it outside of the VC to see if we like it?

Posted by: DevilsCapsGal | March 7, 2010 12:59 PM | Report abuse

@Sonyask

I agree with you totally about Semin's play since the break. I brought this up on Japers', put as par for the course, he never can win there with many of those folks.

So often they complain he is not defensive enough or takes too many chances, then when he plays really well defensively, they don't see it -- because he didn't score!

Thurs. night he had 4 takeaways and 6 attempts. One person could only ask, "how many giveaways did he have?" Well, the answer was a big fat ZERO! I do think his shooting is off either in timing or aim, but it sure isn't for lack of trying. He has been much better than Ovi or Backs, blocked shots aside.

He definitely has stepped up his defensive and physical game, which apparently is exactly what BB wants -- he mentioned in last night's presser how they had had meetings and looked at video about the defensive game and not taking too many chances. They are getting ready for play-off hockey.

I am very happy to see that BB is using Semin more on both the PP and PK. He is good at both and I cannot understand why he was not on both more before the break, but Flash was? I do not think Flash is particularly good at either one.

I also think that the 2nd line has suffered from the somewhat revolving C door. Semin & Brooks have not had the luxury of a constant exceptional center, a la Backs. I am hoping that Belanger works out to be the best one there. Flash became a flash in the pan at C, and BMo, as much as I like him, just isn't quite cutting it either. I was hoping for a true C for that line at the trade deadline.

Semin will get the scoring back, I am sure, but he also needs to keep up what he is doing defensively.

Posted by: Steakum | March 7, 2010 1:34 PM | Report abuse

Anyone else realize if we win our next two and Atlanta loses their next two we could have clinched the division by Wednesday.

Posted by: icehammer97 | March 7, 2010 2:12 PM | Report abuse

Watching the Hawks/Wings. Just be glad that we didn't re-sign Huet. He is awful. RE: Ovi's slump. I am convinced that his right hand is still sore from the shot he took off it late in the game against Canada. His shot doesn't have its usual power right now. I am assuming it is just a bone bruise and will heal soon. Pretty soon he'll be pouring them in again.

Posted by: ccCapsfan | March 7, 2010 2:19 PM | Report abuse

as for the olympic results, just like to point out:

February 24th

"this 'they'll get back quick and rest' mentality is stupid, if they lose you'll get back a depressed OV, Semin, Varly"
--OVIwankanOVI

cough*TOLD YOU SO*cough

luckily Theodore has been good and the Caps have been riding the will of the new guys to impress - to victory, for now, so there is no loosing streak as i thought there would be.

but now thanks to a very underachieving OV we all got to look @ crosby's ugly horse face on top of the nhl goal race.

Posted by: OVIwankanOVI | March 7, 2010 3:20 PM | Report abuse

OVIwankanOVI: please don't insult horses like that!

Posted by: dccitizen1 | March 7, 2010 3:27 PM | Report abuse

After all he has done and will do "underachieving" is hardly thje term to describe Alex. The team looks good,Theo is rolling. Good for him.The new guys go at it hard.I like this team going down the strectch. I just think the depth GMGM has added and experience of the last 2 years will bode well for a longer play off run.

Posted by: ridgely1 | March 7, 2010 3:32 PM | Report abuse

So, if OV and Nicky look tired, how about healthy scratches for a game or two? Honestly, we have the guys and it's not like we're in a tight playoff battle.

Posted by: wlawson1 | March 7, 2010 3:59 PM | Report abuse

Has any Stanley Cup winner over the last 10 or 20 years every also won the President's Trophy in the same year?

Food for thought people.

Posted by: JMinVA | March 7, 2010 5:04 PM | Report abuse

Food for thought people.

Posted by: JMinVA | March 7, 2010 5:04 PM | Report abuse

Since 1999, the President's Cup winner has won the Stanley Cup 4 times. The Red Wings have won it 4 times over that span -- won the Stanley Cup 2X and lost prior to the finals in the other 2.

Particularly where this team has 3 regulations losses at home, I'd think the home ice advantage of the PC is a good thing, not a negative.

Posted by: Sonyask | March 7, 2010 5:36 PM | Report abuse

Thanks Sonyask--Good info on the President's Cup. I knew the answer was yes but did not remember which teams had won both. Good point too about how the Caps winning home ice advantage would be particularly advantageous for them.

Posted by: Capsyoungguns | March 7, 2010 5:52 PM | Report abuse

if they happen to win the president's trophy, it surely won't be a negative.

the question is how much of an effort will they make to win the trophy. winning the home court in basketball is a huge advantage and is worth fighting for... in hockey, not so much

Posted by: joek443 | March 7, 2010 5:53 PM | Report abuse

I interpreted Sonyask's point about the usefulness of home ice advantage as specific to the Caps, because they play so very well in front of the home crowd--as evidenced by their home win stats. Useful but not a deal breaker.

Posted by: Capsyoungguns | March 7, 2010 6:15 PM | Report abuse

they have to figure out why their PK is so much better at home than on the road and do it FAST...

there is absolutely no reason that should the case

Posted by: joek443 | March 7, 2010 6:28 PM | Report abuse

there is absolutely no reason that should be the case... no excuse for it

Posted by: joek443 | March 7, 2010 6:29 PM | Report abuse

anyone else find that Eric Belanger reminds them of Gaetan Duchesne, nice addition to the team.

Posted by: coloradocapsfan1 | March 7, 2010 7:27 PM | Report abuse

On clinching home ice advantage (calling it home ice advantage for the benefit of the picky who hate when I say home field advantage),

Caps have 96 points, with 17 games to play
Pens have 84 points, with 16 games to play

The Caps have the equivalent of a 6 game lead over them.

Penguins are currently hotter than boiling water. The most points the Pens can get for the year is 116 points even if they reel off 16 more wins.

That means 118 points will be enough to stay ahead of the Pens.

Posted by: CapsFan75 | March 7, 2010 7:32 PM | Report abuse

Careful my fellow Cap fans; the year the Pens one 17 straight - maybe their best team ever - they got knocked out by the Isles (1 seed vs. 8) in round one.

Posted by: hockeypuck1 | March 7, 2010 7:38 PM | Report abuse

squishy: On the gold-medal winning goal you mentioned earlier, I think it was the skate of Bill McCreary that deflected the puck. It's kind of funny because all year we've been talking about how McCreary gave the Pens all the calls all the way through the Playoffs last year, There's even statitics to back that up (IRocktheRed had posted them). The good thing is that McCreary retires after the regular season and won't be in the playoffs, so whatever charm he has for Crosby ends soon.

Posted by: tominfl1 | March 7, 2010 7:44 PM | Report abuse

@hockeypuck1

I was talking about if the Pens won 16 straight. (Actually, if the Pens won their next 16, it would be a 19 game winning streak.)

Odds are, the Pens will not win all the rest of their games.

Posted by: CapsFan75 | March 7, 2010 7:45 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: hockeypuck1 | March 7, 2010 7:38 PM

False. The Pens won their first round. Meanwhile, the Islanders were beating the Caps in the infamous series that got Dale Hunter suspended at the beginning of the following season. The Isles then beat the Pens, maybe in 7 games and maybe in OT in game 7. Montreal (6 seed?) then beat the Isles I believe and then beat the Kings for the Cup (Kings had beaten Toronto).

I can't remember who Montreal beat the first two rounds, maybe Boston and Quebec. Whatever teams, the Habs that year won like 10 of their 16 SC wins in OT. One of those was a game the Kings had wrapped up until McSorley got called for illegal stick.

Posted by: tominfl1 | March 7, 2010 7:51 PM | Report abuse

Anybody see Matt Cooke's ridiculously dirty head shot on Marc Savard. He better be getting at least 5 games.

Posted by: ccCapsfan | March 7, 2010 7:52 PM | Report abuse

Here, I looked it up:

To reach the final, Los Angeles defeated the Calgary Flames 4–2, the Vancouver Canucks 4–2 and the Toronto Maple Leafs 4–3.

Montreal defeated the Quebec Nordiques 4–2, the Buffalo Sabres 4–0, and the New York Islanders 4–1.

Posted by: tominfl1 | March 7, 2010 7:54 PM | Report abuse

Hershey wins again, beating the Adirondack Phantoms 4-2 with Neuvy in goal:

Last night they beat the baby Pens and clinched a playoff berth:

Posted by: tess2201 | March 7, 2010 10:15 PM | Report abuse

@ccCapsfan

I for one, and a lot of other folks, aren't quite sure if we're ready to call that hit dirty.

First off, it looked like a shoulder to me. Not an elbow. If it was an elbow then yes, it was cheap and he should be suspended. If it was his shoulder (looking at more replays I'm fairly convinced he made contact with the shoulder) I'm not sure it's dirty.

Yes, it was a hit to the head. Yes Savard was defenseless. Yes he got hurt. However, I don't think Cooke had any intent to injure. I also strongly believe that Savard put himself in a dangerous and defenseless position - he wasn't knocked off balance or anything, he was trying to make a play on the puck. This isn't pee-wee soccer, if you put yourself in a dangerous position the refs don't whistle the play dead.

As a defending forward, Cooke has to make Savard pay when he shoots from the slot with his head down. To me, that's hockey. I know not everyone agrees with me - but it's not as cut and dry as they seem to be making it on the Bruin's blog.

Posted by: patrone | March 7, 2010 10:45 PM | Report abuse

As far as I'm concerned, if you target an opposing player's head, you're dirty. Cooke came up from behind, so Savard couldn't see him. The "dangerous position" Savard put himself in was shooting the puck when he was near an a-hole. I don't think there is any doubt that Cooke was going for a head shot. Why should the elbow vs. the shoulder matter? You can do as much damage with either one. If the league wants to move in the direction of being taken seriously as a mainstream sport, Cooke should get 5 games.

Posted by: zmega | March 7, 2010 11:13 PM | Report abuse

Cooke got a suspension for his very similar head hit to Anisimov on 11/28/09. It's on YouTube as is his hit on Savard (as is just about everything these days).

I would be shocked if the Savard hit wasn't reviewed by the league, and given that Cooke's arm goes up at the last moment to connect with the head just after the puck was shot in much the same way in both instances, he could very well receive another suspension.

Without getting into the whole "what's legal" debate, I for one do not like head hits. I don't like the threat of concussions. It's not what the game is about for me.

I'd like my son to play hockey without worrying that as he gets older he will meet with a Cooke type who is trying to hurt him as opposed to trying to check him if he has the puck. Big difference to me.

Posted by: Capsyoungguns | March 7, 2010 11:23 PM | Report abuse

@tominfl1

Was it really McCreary's skate that deflected the puck to Canada's Golden Boy--now I really have to laugh--even more ironic than the Golden Boy getting that OT goal in the first place. Really is a good thing he is retiring.

Love the drama regarding Golden Boy's snub of Letterman when they were in NY as mockingly noted over at Puck Daddy. I find it even more ironic given that Miller is going on the Today's Show soon, maybe tomorrow morning. I didn't read the article that closely but loved how irate the Pens fans were in the comments section: he a focused dude and doesn't have time for the media. (Gee where have I heard that before?). I wonder how the rest of the Canadian team feels about not having anything to do with Canada winning the gold medal. I mean that tongue-in-cheek of course.

Posted by: Capsyoungguns | March 7, 2010 11:34 PM | Report abuse

Best line of the night was the Fehr one.
Why ppl are still trying to get him & Flash in their breakout player for over the hill guys @ the trade deadline is beyond idiocy.

& what can we say about Theo, best goalie on this team & a real #2 Venzina candidate behind Ryan Miller's #1.

Posted by: Rocc00 | March 8, 2010 12:02 AM | Report abuse