Boudreau: Semin, Bradley Are 'Probable'

Coach Bruce Boudreau said he expects Alexander Semin and Matt Bradley to play tonight despite being under the weather. If that's the case, Steve Pinozzotto won't make his NHL debut tonight.

Boudreau, who's also suffering from the bug that's tearing through the Caps, said the symptoms are similar to a head cold and that a number of players are sick to some degree. I'm told GM George McPhee has it, too.

"It's running through our team," Boudreau said. "We'll see how it goes tonight. We'll see how many healthy bodies we have. It's a head cold and I have a big head. So that's a problem."

Check back in a few for a little more on the topic of the day, which, as you might imagine, was Ovechkin's goal celebration in Tampa. I can't say I'm surprised. But I was a little shocked by the media turnout this morning. Normally there are a couple of dozen reporters and cameras at ACC for the morning skate. Twenty minutes ago, I couldn't get within six feet of Ovechkin as he spoke. Boudreau, meantime, gave his morning talk in the interview room instead in the hallway.

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  March 24, 2009; 12:19 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Pinizzotto and Machesney Recalled, Varlamov Sent Down
Next: Ovechkin: 'It's Good for the League'

Comments

Ugh. I personally wouldn't be the least bit offended if you chose to omit any comments regarding CelebrationGate.

Posted by: RicketyCricket | March 24, 2009 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Thats because Toronto is "jocking" our style.

The closest thing they have to excitement is when Ron Wilson spews off on a reporter who reminds him that this season is a complete and total failure.

Posted by: SA-Town | March 24, 2009 12:35 PM | Report abuse

I think it's about time for a scoring explosion across the team. It's been a while since we've seen a 6 or 7 goal game. Let's get it done tonight and we'll all see you guys on Friday night for drinks and a win vs. Tampa.

Posted by: saintex | March 24, 2009 12:36 PM | Report abuse

1) Any reason ever given why forwards who are underperforming(Fleischmann, etc) are never given a night off and give a hungry Hershey player a sweater instead?

Posted by: fauxrumors | March 24, 2009 12:39 PM | Report abuse

Ugh. That doesn't bode well for tonight if that many players are sick. I hope Pinner gets in. I really do. Love Semin and Bradley but I wanna see what Pinner can do.

Posted by: kittypawz | March 24, 2009 12:40 PM | Report abuse

I'm so tired of hearing about the "celebration". Good luck to the guys playing with the flu. I don't envy them. =/ GOO, Caps! *cough, cough*

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | March 24, 2009 12:40 PM | Report abuse

Wasn't Adam Oates an RIT grad?

Posted by: lylewimbledon | March 24, 2009 12:40 PM | Report abuse

Lefty You dont mean like Semin "beats down" do ya? LOL

Posted by: StanleyCup1907 | March 24, 2009 12:39 PM

Posted by: StanleyCup1907 | March 24, 2009 12:44 PM | Report abuse

Check back in a few for a little more on the topic of the day, which, as you might imagine, was Ovechkin's goal celebration in Tampa. I can't say I'm surprised. But I was a little shocked by the media turnout this morning. Normally there are a couple of dozen reporters and cameras at ACC for the morning skate ........................... What do you expect Tarik...welcome to Don Cherry Country"

Posted by: StanleyCup1907 | March 24, 2009 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Adam Oates and Joe Juneau went to Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute - RPI - not RIT.

Posted by: plinkwired | March 24, 2009 12:49 PM | Report abuse

@ lylewimbledon

Close..it was three initials...I believe you're looking for RPI....as well as Joe Juneau.

Posted by: rdiehljr | March 24, 2009 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Oates was Renssalear

Posted by: Greg S. | March 24, 2009 12:50 PM | Report abuse

Thanks plinkwired for correcting him, was about to do it myself.

So many people get RIT and RPI confused.

And for the love of God, it's not like ITT Tech!

Posted by: cupcrzy | March 24, 2009 12:54 PM | Report abuse

Not to sound like too much of an idiot, but what is RIT and why should I care?

btw, RicketyCricket... awesome name!

Posted by: DirtyDannyV | March 24, 2009 12:59 PM | Report abuse

Thankfully that cold is ripping through the team right now, a few weeks before the playoffs start.

Posted by: freakinandpeakin | March 24, 2009 1:05 PM | Report abuse

StanleyCup1907 - 3 more wins and the Caps clinch the division... how is your team doing?

Posted by: _828 | March 24, 2009 1:09 PM | Report abuse

I was in Hershey for Pinner's first game up there this season. Got to defend him a bit from the guys behind me. Really hope he plays! Give one of the other guys a rest.

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | March 24, 2009 1:15 PM | Report abuse

@DirtyDanny
RIT = Rochester Institute of Technology

Posted by: tess2201 | March 24, 2009 1:17 PM | Report abuse

Like the new blog look Tarik. Lookin sharp in the new over sized photo.

I like how Bruce doesn't seem to call up the same guys repeatedly. Laing, Lepisto, Alzner, Giroux, ect.

I know a lot of it is cap-related, but it shows that we're doing a good job of bringing the guys along in Hershey and it's consistent with Bruce's nature to always switch up line combos.

GO CAPS!

Posted by: redskins91 | March 24, 2009 1:21 PM | Report abuse

Pothier is an RPI guy, too.

Posted by: CBT2 | March 24, 2009 1:27 PM | Report abuse

Clinch the playoffs with a win and an OT loss. That's banking on Carolina and Florida win the rest of their games. Each game they lose, the numbers change in favor for the Caps.

Posted by: _828 | March 24, 2009 1:27 PM | Report abuse

From previous"Pittsburgh Rule. Instead of the current system of 1v8, 2v7, 3v6, 4v5... they give the #1 seed the first pick of who (5/6/7/8) they want to play -- which may well wind up being #8. Then the same choice is afforded to the 2, 3, and 4 seeds"

What a great idea Greg.

How are you guys quoting earlier posts? - I'm not seeing a button

Posted by: Redwolf1 | March 24, 2009 12:46 PM

Posted by: Redwolf1 | March 24, 2009 1:28 PM | Report abuse

Redwolf1, Just copy & paste!

And Tarik's posted again.

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | March 24, 2009 1:35 PM | Report abuse

Rhino you will get over it lol

Posted by: StanleyCup1907 | March 24, 2009 1:28 PM

That's right...just walk away...

FEAR THE WEAGLE!
LET'S GO CAPS!!

...and keep walking.

Posted by: Rhino40 | March 24, 2009 1:41 PM | Report abuse

@SC1907:

*squirts SC1907 with water from a water gun* *points finger at SC1907* "NO. Bad troll!"

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | March 24, 2009 1:55 PM | Report abuse

Hope Pinner plays tonight

Posted by: RITdude | March 24, 2009 2:03 PM | Report abuse

But I digress...

Posted by: MikeL-Caps91 | March 24, 2009 2:05 PM | Report abuse

@MikeL-Caps91,

South Henrietta, eh? Do they call their soccer team the Kickers, by chance?

Posted by: 106T | March 24, 2009 2:17 PM | Report abuse

Mike L.

Both are great schools but RIT moved from the Reynolds Arcade Bldg (early 1800s) which still is in use in downtown Roch. I'm from an area of Rochester called Swillburg which is not far from the U of R. Anyway, GO CAPS

Posted by: _LFR | March 24, 2009 2:50 PM | Report abuse

Thanks all - got my letters confused.

Posted by: lylewimbledon | March 24, 2009 3:12 PM | Report abuse

"RIT is the school that folks went to when they couldn't get into MIT or RPI. Oates, Juneau and Pothier are all RPI folks.

"There's a secret that's not known to many, but RIT isn't in Rochester, but rather it's in the southern part of the suburb of Henrietta. As a UR (University of Rochester, which is actually in the city of Rochester, mind you) alum, we often liked to point out that RIT really should have been named the South Henrietta Institute of Technology...

"But I digress..."

That is truly funny. I didn't go to either school, but as someone originally from Perinton (Fairport), I am always interested in stuff like this.

Posted by: phillyreader | March 24, 2009 7:24 PM | Report abuse