Boudreau to Play in Tiger's Pro-Am

Caps Coach Bruce Boudreau will be among the participants in the Earl D. Woods Memorial Pro-Am, held at Congressional Country Club on July 1. Press release from the Tiger Woods Foundation:

AT&T National host Tiger Woods will be grouped with Dallas Cowboys Quarterback Tony Romo during the Earl D. Woods Memorial Pro-Am on Wednesday, July 1. Also playing in the Pro-Am will be Washington Redskins Quarterback Jason Campbell, Redskins Wide Receiver Antwaan Randle El and Washington Capitals Head Coach Bruce Boudreau.

By Lindsay Applebaum  |  June 23, 2009; 2:29 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morning Reading List: Caps Hire Woods
Next: Video: Previewing the Draft

Comments

Bruce will break a window.

Posted by: SA-Town | June 23, 2009 2:36 PM | Report abuse

...so much for the "rumor" that Tiger doesn't like hockey...

Posted by: DevilsCapsGal | June 23, 2009 2:41 PM | Report abuse

We need some video of BB's swing...hopefully in super slo-mo like they did at US Open and have an analyst break it down. Please make it happen.

Posted by: Moose33 | June 23, 2009 2:52 PM | Report abuse

I hope his swing is better than Shaq's.

Posted by: thiazzi | June 23, 2009 2:55 PM | Report abuse

DevilsCapsGal:
HA!!! Gabby will have to have a chat with Tiger about that one ... ;-)

Posted by: Boo- | June 23, 2009 3:02 PM | Report abuse

I suspect BB, like most NHL'ers, has a good swing, and can tag it.

Posted by: Max231 | June 23, 2009 3:12 PM | Report abuse

As a Washingtonian I am insulted that they paired Tiger with Tony Homo. This tournament is in DC, give someone from here a dream match-up instead of someone that we all despise.

Posted by: MeatSweats | June 23, 2009 3:14 PM | Report abuse

He looks more like a bowler than a golfer.

Posted by: tominfl1 | June 23, 2009 3:15 PM | Report abuse

Let Donald Brashear play with Tiger. That would be a story.

Posted by: SA-Town | June 23, 2009 3:17 PM | Report abuse

I must say that DOES ruffle my feathers, pairing Tigre with a cowgirl, at a dc-area event!

Posted by: Max231 | June 23, 2009 3:29 PM | Report abuse

So is it now going to be Happy Boudreau?

Posted by: Greg S. | June 23, 2009 3:34 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Greg S. | June 23, 2009 3:57 PM | Report abuse

@thiazzi:

I haven't seen Shaq's, but find a video of Charles Barkley's. Maybe that's who you're thinking of.

Posted by: hockeyweasel | June 23, 2009 4:13 PM | Report abuse

How is it a rumor when he "jokingly" said that no one watches hockey anymore and then had to back peddle like crazy when people got pissed about it?

That being said, I like that Bruce gets some deserved celebrity cred in DC!

Posted by: amberlynne | June 23, 2009 4:20 PM | Report abuse

Greg:
Wow ... that seems pretty excessive to me. Days I could see but hours?!? Call me naive but I don't think that would make that much of a difference. And two years? Oi.

Posted by: Boo- | June 23, 2009 4:22 PM | Report abuse

I can't believe that Romo is playing in this event. I hope he gets booed mercilessly...

Posted by: sargeantmofo | June 23, 2009 4:25 PM | Report abuse

GregS, what's more interesting is the reason he initally refused.

Posted by: koalatek | June 23, 2009 4:34 PM | Report abuse

Any news on resigning Brashear?

Posted by: capsfan01 | June 23, 2009 4:52 PM | Report abuse

Yeah. Getting all warm and fuzzy with the girlfriend. You notice he was fined, too? And ordered to do 56 hours of community service?

THEN the doping agency comes in and appeals. Hope he got his money back!

There's got to be somethig else going on with the story.

Posted by: Greg S. | June 23, 2009 5:06 PM | Report abuse

hockeyweasel,

Yep, I'm a donk.

Posted by: thiazzi | June 23, 2009 5:09 PM | Report abuse

...so much for the "rumor" that Tiger doesn't like hockey...

Posted by: DevilsCapsGal

Like amberlynne said, Tiger DOES not like hockey, that's why I don't like him. Actually I just hate golf. He was on ESPN a year ago doing an interview and they asked him who was gonna win- Wings or Pens and he said "I don't think anyone watches hockey anymore."

That was a stupid thing for him to say. I know I'd watch hockey over golf any day. But whatever, I've never liked Tiger.

Posted by: rachel216 | June 23, 2009 5:52 PM | Report abuse

@thiazzi:

Posted by: hockeyweasel | June 23, 2009 4:13 PM

CAn't be Barkley. He doesn't have a golf swing. He has a hack.

Posted by: Greg S. | June 23, 2009 6:02 PM | Report abuse

With all due respect, Tiger Woods is a good hockey player, so I've read in the papers and hear about excessively.

I'd rather watch grass grow than golf. Sorry, Mr. Woods, I don't think anyone watches golf.

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | June 23, 2009 6:10 PM | Report abuse

Gary Bettman would wet his pants if hockey got the amount of TV audience golf or even NASCAR gets... there is a reason why hockey is on VERSUS and golf and nascar are on real networks that most people watch.

Tiger Woods watches other sports. When he was asked a couple years ago who was the number one sportsman in the world, he replied without hesitation that it was Michael Schumacher, the seven-time F1 world champ who was the only one in sports making the kind of money Tiger was making.

Congrats to the newest members of HOF - Steve Yzerman, Brett Hull, Luc Robitaile and Brian Leetch. Didn't think Leetch would get in his first year but all very well deserved.

Posted by: joek443 | June 23, 2009 6:59 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: joek443 | June 23, 2009 6:59 PM
----------------
OK, now I feel old...I remember when these guys were rookies!

Posted by: tess2201 | June 23, 2009 7:49 PM | Report abuse

You have to appreciate a player like Luc Robitaille who wasn't supposed to be good enough to even play in the NHL according to most scouts. He and Dino Ciccarelli were very similar in that both had great hands but neither of them were good skaters. But they had something very few scouts can measure which is heart and desire to succeed.

Posted by: joek443 | June 23, 2009 10:27 PM | Report abuse

tess2201, I feel the same way.. OLD :(

I remember the first time I ever saw Brett Hull play in person. It was during his rookie season with the Calgary Flames at the old Capital Centre.

I never saw anyone shoot the puck harder and heavier till OV came along. They are somewhat similar, both right shots. OV is a better skater than Hull and a better hitter but still has a long way to go before he scores his 742nd goal and surpasses Hull.

Posted by: joek443 | June 23, 2009 10:55 PM | Report abuse

I would hardly count the tv unintentionally running on golf as "watching golf". Last I checked the method used to measure what people watch on tv these days is an outdated system, so I wouldn't trust any of the numbers showing golf as "must-see tv". Again, growing grass is more entertaining.

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | June 24, 2009 10:28 AM | Report abuse

1) Am I the only one insulted that Woods comes to Washington and is playing with the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys? Would he go to Boston and play with Jeter? Would he go to Philadelphia and play with T.O.?

2) I wonder if they invited Ovechkin. I assume that, in Pittsburgh, Woods would play with Roeth... Roethlis... Ben or Crosby. Why not come to DC and play with Ovechkin?

3) How many days till the 2010 playoffs?

Posted by: Matt23185 | June 24, 2009 11:53 AM | Report abuse