Boudreau To The AHL Hall Of Fame

It's already been a pretty good year for Caps Coach Bruce Boudreau. And it just keeps getting better, it seems.

The AHL announced this morning that Boudreau will be among the 2009 AHL Hall of Fame inductees.

From the AHL release:

Boudreau's 483 career assists and 799 career points both rank 11th in AHL history, while his 316 goals are good for 14th place. Of the 72 players in AHL history with at least 500 career points, Boudreau ranks second with an average of 1.26 points per game.

"It's an absolute honor that I can't describe," Boudreau said before the morning skate at Xcel Energy Center. "The American league, with its history, it's overwhelming that this could happen to me. When they phoned me last week and told me, I couldn't hide by exuberance. I told them I would be there if I had to come from Alaska."

"To me, individually, it's as high an honor as you can get," he added. "The NHL is the NHL. But to be thought of like that by my peers, in a league [AHL] that's been in existence for over 70 years, that's pretty darn cool. If wasn't for that league, I'm nothing, both as a coach and as a player."

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  November 24, 2008; 1:12 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morning Reading List
Next: Nylander Dealing With Distraction

Comments

This is great news. Congrats, Bruce!

Posted by: ShariLeigh131 | November 24, 2008 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Congrats Bruce!!!

Posted by: caryh | November 24, 2008 1:28 PM | Report abuse

I'm not sure what's more awesome. That he got the all star honors or how excited he is about it. It's hard not to root for this guy. Go caps!

Posted by: TripDonkeys | November 24, 2008 1:29 PM | Report abuse

You're a champ Gabby. Good on ya.

And maybe in 6 months you can be a Champion.

Posted by: large23220 | November 24, 2008 1:32 PM | Report abuse

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce!! How can ya not love the little beady-eyed guy. He's so awesome! :-D

Posted by: sargeantmofo | November 24, 2008 1:32 PM | Report abuse

Let's celebrate with a win tonight!

Posted by: _jordan | November 24, 2008 1:32 PM | Report abuse

i agree with jordan.. the boys could use a win too :\. Congrats Bruce!

Posted by: sprkatya38 | November 24, 2008 1:35 PM | Report abuse

congrats, bruce!

Any news from the morning skate?

Posted by: DrinkingPartner | November 24, 2008 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Yay! That's great news for our coach!

I'm with _jordan. Let's celebrate with a win!

Posted by: irockthered | November 24, 2008 2:20 PM | Report abuse

Leave to Bruce to put it all in perspective. The guy is about as grounded and rational as anyone is ever going to get.

But the ironic thing is that I bet Bruce doesn't see it that way... and thats what gives him his drive and determination.

The guy is both motivated and motivating.

Congrats Bruce, you earned it!!!

Posted by: muddapucker | November 24, 2008 3:00 PM | Report abuse