Boudreau: 'You Wanna Go There?' (Updated)

Just when you thought the Ovechkin celebration chatter had settled, the TSN crew showed up at Kettler today and stoked the flames. Coach Bruce Boudreau = not amused.

Dan Steinberg details Boudreau's reaction to the questions:

And Bruce Boudreau? Well, in the spirit of pre-planned explosions, he waited for the subject to be raised, and then he sort of responded. Mildly.
"You wanna go there?" he asked the first reporter to broach the topic. "It's 10 friggin' days since it happened. We have talked to Tampa's coaches. We have said our speech. The people that are bringing the crap up are you guys. Nobody cares about it anymore. You guys want to bring it up because you want to see a riot, then you want to talk about retribution. It's the dumbest thing in the world. You gotta have better stuff to talk about."

Check out the D.C. Sports Bog for the whole story, including a fantastic Allen Iverson reference by Boudreau. Who knew?

Katie Carrera is filling in for Tarik today and will have more later -- including an update on the Lightning perspective ahead of tomorrow night's game -- so stay tuned.

Update: As a courtesy to those who have had enough -- can't blame you there -- some No. 8-related highlights from Thomas Boswell's chat today are after the jump. Enter at your own risk:

On Caps Owner Ted Leonsis:

He deserves the good times he's getting now after all the hartd years. Also, when you succeed __with any franchise or in any sport__ you get the Second Wave of fans and media attention. If you are a sane franchise (or sport) you WANT IT. As I've freely said __in fact, taken pains to point out in an entire column__ I'm part of that wave! And happy about it.

In response to those who say he has a "limited" understanding of hockey:

I've covered Caps games every season since they got here back in the '70's. I've covered some of their best, and most brutal playoff games. I've talked with both Murrays, Ron Wilson, etc., about hockey until they probably never wanted to see me at their office door again. (They were all very helpful though.) Don't worry too much about my knowledge of hockey. I undersell it.

On the flak he's been getting about his Ovechkin column:

I love a good fuss. Especially when I'm right.

Check out the full transcript from Boswell's chat.

By Lindsay Applebaum  |  March 26, 2009; 1:38 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Erskine as a Forward, Fedorov on the Top Line
Next: Tampa's Malone on Ovechkin: 'I Don't Think We Have His Name Circled'

Comments

LET'S GO CAPS!!!

Posted by: ludeman95 | March 26, 2009 1:54 PM | Report abuse

Amen Bruce!

Posted by: NatyBG | March 26, 2009 1:55 PM | Report abuse

Ah, the lovely new thread scent!

Posted by: mikebrady1 | March 26, 2009 1:55 PM | Report abuse

Would it be distasteful if BB started doing a celebration dance at the end of each victory? He could take some of the heat of OV . . . and it'd be fun for all.

Posted by: griffin13 | March 26, 2009 1:56 PM | Report abuse

Rick "Double Down" Tocchet started all of this.

He wanted to talk about 3-hour first periods in the Spectrum. What a goon..and a disgrace to the NHL.

Someone please bring a sign that say's.."I'll take $2000 on the Caps -1.5 Ricky!"

Posted by: SA-Town | March 26, 2009 1:59 PM | Report abuse

Any STH who wants to sell his or her round 2 playoff game strip to me right now - at face plus 10% - I'm buying, I can always use extra seats. If the Caps don't get to the second round, you have the cash for nothing, and I'm out some money.

Based on a number of posters who hang around here, I should have some takers. Let me know.

Posted by: saintex | March 26, 2009 2:00 PM | Report abuse

From DC Sports Blog...

(Ovechkin on the Tampa game? "If somebody wants to hit me, always pleasure," he said. "I'm ready. I don't care what's gonna happen. I'm ready. But I don't think it's gonna be some war, fights, hits.")

Gotta love em!

Posted by: ludeman95 | March 26, 2009 2:01 PM | Report abuse

mikebrady1,
I don't know if I can get depressed - I would laugh at everything I am repeating.

I do love all the fortune tellers though.

Posted by: _828 | March 26, 2009 2:04 PM | Report abuse

if i may provide my analysis:

win out 7 games - who knows what happens in the playoffs

play like cr@p the last 7 games - who knows what happens in the playoffs

ahem, last year i think they won out their last 10 games or so and i dont recall paying for rounds 2-4.

Posted by: dcsportsfan1 | March 26, 2009 1:49 PM | Report abuse

That's true - who knows?

Posted by: _828 | March 26, 2009 2:06 PM | Report abuse

Aside from not winning the series, they had a very successful postseason. Many teams would have rolled over and died. The Caps did not.

This is the same team this year - do you think they are going to roll over and die this year?

Posted by: _828 | March 26, 2009 2:10 PM | Report abuse

Saintex -

I like your offer - cstanton, cheef moron1907 all should hope on that offer..

Posted by: NJNJ | March 26, 2009 2:15 PM | Report abuse

I hope BB's fire catches with the team in a positive way. BB used to be a happier coach, but this mediocre month right before the playoffs has him steamed and well so. I just hope the players respond better than they have of late.

Posted by: JIMALLCAPS | March 26, 2009 2:16 PM | Report abuse

Caps just signed Andrei "Dirty Naz" Nazarov to a one game contract and he will play vs. Tampa.

He will skate on the Ovie - Fed's - "Dirty Naz" line.

Posted by: SA-Town | March 26, 2009 2:18 PM | Report abuse

_828,
actually, i know, but i'm not telling!

BB should do his "cold microphone" routine on these guys. take the mic/recorder, drop it on the ground and "put out the campfire" so to speak.

Posted by: dcsportsfan1 | March 26, 2009 2:20 PM | Report abuse

@saintex

Tocchet will be in town tomorrow...Im sure he can work out some sort of bet with you.

Posted by: SA-Town | March 26, 2009 2:21 PM | Report abuse

I love Bruce. So much. But, I have a theory as to why this is still being brought up:

If you look at who is stirring the pot, it's ALWAYS the Canadian media, and they're doing it because the Canadians care about the whole topic a lot more than the Americans do. To the Americans, we have that in a lot of our sports, and for the most part, unless they hate Ovechkin anyway the American fans don't really care.

For the Canadians, though, hockey is ingrained in their culture and their blood. The culture of hockey is closely tied into Canadian attitudes and history, and nowhere is this more evident than in the expectations of humility and conservatism that is typical of Canadian behavior in all aspects of life. So, for Ovechkin to be as brash and bold as he is, to ham it up like he does, runs counter to everything they know, and because he's a bodacious hockey player, it's a challenge to their entire culture and thinking. That's why they're beating this dead horse like they are - they love him, but the flamboyancy in their sport scares the crap out of them. So, to them, it's big news, and the media is simply feeding that.

Posted by: kittypawz | March 26, 2009 2:23 PM | Report abuse

@SA-Town,

No bets, just buying low.

Posted by: saintex | March 26, 2009 2:24 PM | Report abuse

While I certainly wouldn't advocate this, wouldn't it be funny if OV scored against the Lightening and then went over and gave poker chips to Tocchet.... Sorry, my mind wanders.

Erskine as a forward. You know, Erskine isn't the most talented guy out there, but he is definately right on the mean/dirty edge that could be very helpful if someone on Tampa decides to make a mark with OV based on all of the above nonsense. Bradley is a willing combatant, but Erskine is willing to randomly unload on someone just to keep them guessing.

Posted by: oldtimehockey | March 26, 2009 2:28 PM | Report abuse

Way to go Coach. I hope Alex nets a Hat Trick and jumps through the roof. This whole thing is asinene. It was a legit story for a couple of days,at this point it's crap.

Posted by: ridgely1 | March 26, 2009 2:30 PM | Report abuse

Just yesterday I was musing that Erskine should score a goal before the end of the season. CBo has more goals than he does. Heck, Sean Collins has more goals. Go Sexy Lumberjack!

I like the new line combos too. Good balance. Wonder how long they'll last.

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | March 26, 2009 2:34 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: oldtimehockey | March 26, 2009 2:28 PM

@OTH: What about OV placing a pair of "loaded" dice on the TB Bench after scoring goal #52(these dice would always come up "eights")?

Or, how about a deck of cards that only contained 8's?

Gimme back that fliet o'fish!

Posted by: Rhino40 | March 26, 2009 2:37 PM | Report abuse

@Rhino40: Now THAT would be unsportsmanlike conduct. Funny and rude, but I wouldn't fault the refs penalizing him or the team for that.

Posted by: kittypawz | March 26, 2009 2:42 PM | Report abuse

@saintex

If your buying 2nd round tickets with no refund if they dont make it, that sounds like a bet to me.

Posted by: SA-Town | March 26, 2009 2:47 PM | Report abuse

@SA-town,

I call it charity and piece-of-mind for me. I won't have to listen to the folks anymore. You selling?

Posted by: saintex | March 26, 2009 2:51 PM | Report abuse

So I was watching the video "Caps Least Favorite Cities". And WTF?!? I wanna know!!!!

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | March 26, 2009 2:55 PM | Report abuse

@jmu

where's the video of caps least favorite cities?

Posted by: _stevo | March 26, 2009 2:58 PM | Report abuse

Aren't the Caps the greatest? We have the best/most exciting player in the world, one of the best playmakers in the world(Backstrom) A guy who could end up dominating the scoring race(Semin....If he can stay healthy for a full season) A no-fear workhorse(Laich) all of whom are 25 or under! To go along with tons of young talent. THANK YOU GMGM! The future is so bright and I'm glad that the glory days have finally arrived after such a long time of dissapointment. I just wish certain Capitals could be here to enjoy the good days like Bondra and Kolzig. It's a shame we couldn't have a 28 year old Kolzig right now.

Cherish these days Caps fans....cause 15 years from now things might not be so nice.

Posted by: ZMANN84 | March 26, 2009 3:02 PM | Report abuse

On the Caps website.

In Bears news: Dean Arsene was named the team's "Man of the Year". The award is given to an individual "selected by their respective clubs for their outstanding contributions to the local community and charitable organizations during the 2008-09 season". All the finalists are nominated for the Yanick Dupre Memorial Award, which I'm taking is the AHL equivalent of the Clancy. More info at theahl.com.

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | March 26, 2009 3:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | March 26, 2009 3:05 PM | Report abuse

Of course I can't forget a guy who will be in the Norris trophy race for years to come Mike Green!

Posted by: ZMANN84 | March 26, 2009 3:05 PM | Report abuse

Seriously, who started the filet of fish -
What if it were you hanging up on this wall?
If it were you in that sandwich you wouldn't be laughing at all

Posted by: _828 | March 26, 2009 3:05 PM | Report abuse

@_828: I don't know. I think we just went herring off into nowhere just for the halibut. The whole grouper of us cod do betta than that.

Okay, so I'm making a bass out of myself. I can't kelp it.

Posted by: kittypawz | March 26, 2009 3:10 PM | Report abuse

Erskine as a winger is a long overdue experiment. He can easily function as a 4th line winger if he keeps it simple. This league is littered with the history of rugged defensemen who play as 4th line wingers - Chris McAllister, Klee, Brent Severyn, Montador et al

Posted by: cstanton1 | March 26, 2009 3:11 PM | Report abuse

kittypawz, wow. And it took you less than 5 minutes to have that work out perfectly.
_828, I believe it was CapsChick. Who likened the "Easy E as Winger" experiment to it.

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | March 26, 2009 3:14 PM | Report abuse

@kittypawz hahahahahahah wow. Honestly I have a sick obsession with that commercial. It's so damn catchy!

Posted by: ZMANN84 | March 26, 2009 3:14 PM | Report abuse

: kittypawz

Canada loves Ovechkin. The media is the media regardless of country. Now of course i cannot speak for all Canadians as this would be inappropriate, but in my circles, Ovie is the top all around player in the game. Hockey players are not judged just on points but on what they bring to the game. The Canadians I have talked to about the Ovie celebration thought it was funny and really beyond that, dont really care. The media is a different story. I agree with Bruce that the media would like there to be retribution for his celebration as that would be a really cool story but it has absolutely nothing to do with being Canadian.

Posted by: bigschu8 | March 26, 2009 3:19 PM | Report abuse

Jose Theodore reminds me of Michael Jackson

They both wear a "Glove" for no apparent reason

Posted by: StanleyCup1907 | March 26, 2009 3:22 PM | Report abuse

TSN Story on the interview.

Posted by: Greg S. | March 26, 2009 3:28 PM | Report abuse

Stanleycup1907 reminds me of an addict. He's gone to other sites but just can't get enough of Ovie and Caps fans.....seriously dude, it's getting to be pathetic. I hope we get more attention at the WashingtonPost.com site. Probably a Canadians fan hoping for the glory days to come back. Get a new shtick guy. Maybe get a life? a friend? maybe you just need a hug? Taking a shot at Theodore....Oh my god!!!! What a cool new thing to do!

Posted by: ZMANN84 | March 26, 2009 3:29 PM | Report abuse

Jose Theodore reminds me of Michael Jackson

They both wear a "Glove" for no apparent reason

Posted by: StanleyCup1907 | March 26, 2009 3:22 PM | Report abuse

i bet he spent all of homeroom thinking of that one. it would have been moderately amusing, in 1985.

stick to making innane analysis of alex semin's health or how ovie could score more if he played more defensive. leave the funny stuff to the adults.

Posted by: dcsportsfan1 | March 26, 2009 3:34 PM | Report abuse

@bigschu8: Fair enough. The only thing is, though, that usually there's a reason why the media rides something, and that reason is that it sells papers for whatever reason. So somebody's got to care if it gets eyeballs still.

Granted on the media wanting retribution - it gives them more to write about. :)

And on the puns - the key to an all-out pun war is to think fast. That took me longer than I would have liked.

Posted by: kittypawz | March 26, 2009 3:38 PM | Report abuse

Boswell, please stop. You're embarrassing yourself. Please go back to something you know, like waxing poetic on the beauty of watching the outfield grass grow. Or something like that.

Posted by: Jumpy66 | March 26, 2009 3:51 PM | Report abuse

dcsportsfan1, please, when responding, do not use complex words such as "moderately", "inane" or "the". It'll just confuse him and he'll have to ask his mom for a definition thus slowing down our making fun of him. Thank you.

Posted by: Moose33 | March 26, 2009 3:51 PM | Report abuse

Way to go Bruce.

And, interesting experiment with Erskine o.O

Posted by: mauree | March 26, 2009 3:55 PM | Report abuse

Lets go Caps.

Posted by: richmondphil | March 26, 2009 3:56 PM | Report abuse

We don't have to worry, we've already won the Southeast.

The shirt says so...

Posted by: Zilla05 | March 26, 2009 4:03 PM | Report abuse

StanleyCup: YOU ARE a Caps fan, you just won't admit it. ZMANN84 is totally right, you JUST CAN'T get enough of the Caps cause they're such an awesome team. You watch all their games, you come here for the latest Caps news, you love the Caps.

Posted by: rachel216 | March 26, 2009 4:10 PM | Report abuse

Ovie is nuts...

I wouldnt be surprised if he came out running around throwing big hits on T.B tomorrow. I think he likes this stuff, and wants to make a story out of it.

Posted by: SA-Town | March 26, 2009 4:31 PM | Report abuse

BB's comments are great. He was fied up. Those were the most ridiculous questions those reporters were asking. What rock did they climb out of?

Posted by: cappies | March 26, 2009 4:33 PM | Report abuse

Uh - did anyone else get invited to jeffschultz55 profile on twitter?

After reading it - I'm assuming this is a joke...but I'm not 100% certain...

Posted by: patrone | March 26, 2009 4:35 PM | Report abuse

I am not sure that SC1907 and Bosswell are not one and the same. Either way, I never read them.

Posted by: opita1 | March 26, 2009 4:36 PM | Report abuse

SC1907 was probably one of the kids Michael Jackson invited for sleepovers at his ranch?

Posted by: boomer44 | March 26, 2009 4:54 PM | Report abuse

Ok so I just read the TSN article, and all I want to know is, why the F is Bob Clarke being mentioned?

Posted by: superpaqman | March 26, 2009 4:56 PM | Report abuse

For another perspective on Ovie's (apparently unoriginal) celebration, check this out...

Maybe Theodore suggested the move after seeing/hearing about the guy mentioned in the article? Whatever, glad Ovie did it, just wish he went full Jimi Hendrix/Monterey Pop style and lit the twig on fire haha...

Posted by: MetalCapsFan | March 26, 2009 5:05 PM | Report abuse

Stopping short of doing inhumane things to the trolls, let's see if we can hold our breaths long enough for the troll to realize no one cares about his opinion nor anything stupid he says. I'm a recovering troll killer and it's not an enjoyable journey but if we all join hands, close our eyes, and click our heels together, maybe it will go away. Oh, and let's not forget to chant "Troll, troll, go away." Then, pull out our torches and pitch forks and poke holes through it and set it on fire.

Looking forward to seeing if the Erskine as a forward move works. *crosses fingers* Let's GOOO Caps.

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | March 26, 2009 5:06 PM | Report abuse

@patrone: That's a hoax. Leave it alone.

Posted by: kittypawz | March 26, 2009 5:08 PM | Report abuse

@kittypawz:

How is that worse than poker chips?

Posted by: Rhino40 | March 26, 2009 5:13 PM | Report abuse

@Rhino40: I don't think it's really any worse - they're all funny but bad.

Posted by: kittypawz | March 26, 2009 5:26 PM | Report abuse

The list of other NHL team's blogs was created specifically for StanleyCup1907. He can find another team's fans to bother. After all, he roots for every team playing against the Caps.

Posted by: rachel216 | March 26, 2009 5:28 PM | Report abuse

So I'm getting impatient, when are we going to hear who wins Capitals Insider #1 Buffoon Award this week?
(The #1 Buffoon Award and title brought to us by wendel2 and the makers of Schlitz, enter as often as you wish, not associated with Tarik El Bashir, Capitals Insider or the Washington Post, all rights reserved, winners will also be notified by mail, copyright 2008, 2009)

I like BB getting all the facts out from the Caps perspective to the Canadian media. Hopefully that's the last splash on the subject.

Posted by: austinsteve | March 26, 2009 5:44 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Greg S. | March 26, 2009 5:45 PM | Report abuse

How cool would it be to have him go to Vegas with Ovi and maybe Greener to the NHL Awards to collect the Masterton? I think he deserves it.

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | March 26, 2009 5:56 PM | Report abuse

If he makes it all the way back, it would be hard to miss I think. There's a ton of good NHL stories out there. He's one of the best.

Posted by: Greg S. | March 26, 2009 6:04 PM | Report abuse

Well ZMANN84, by some chance, were you born in 1984 (the same year as Semin and Fleischmann, the team's two redheads)?

Posted by: CapsFan75 | March 26, 2009 6:10 PM | Report abuse

Just got back from Panera at the Festival in Riva (Annapolis MD) and there was a car full of high school girls decorated with "GO CAPS!" and "#21 LAICH". I've been seeing a lot more Caps t-shirts around town too. Kinda nice to see so many people rockin' the red. :)

Posted by: GregAnnapolis | March 26, 2009 6:22 PM | Report abuse

Greg: Of course it's "#21 LAICH"!!!! Haha. I've also been seeing more Caps gear at my high school, it's pretty awesome. I expect to see even more since it's almost playoff time. GO CAPS!

Posted by: rachel216 | March 26, 2009 6:28 PM | Report abuse

@jmu_capsgirl: I think he could easily be up for the Masterton Trophy, and I was just reflecting on whether it was too early to speculate about who of our boys in red could be headed for Vegas. Ovi, obviously. I think Lambogreenie will be headed as well, although it's hard to say if he wins. BB could be depending on how the playoffs go, though I think he'll have stiff competition from Claude Julien and Dan Bylsma and whats-his-name in San Jose. I'd love to see Pothier be up for the Masterton, too.

Posted by: kittypawz | March 26, 2009 6:35 PM | Report abuse

high school ... aaah, remember it well - ok not so much. i never saw any caps gear at my high school - of course my first year of high school the caps won exactly 8 games.

Posted by: Capt_Kirk_in_AZ | March 26, 2009 6:38 PM | Report abuse

Kirk: Yeah I was about to say, I'm a few years removed from high school. Graduated in '01. And we wore uniforms, so you wouldn't have seen any Caps stuff anyway. But we definitely won more than 8 games, I remember that much. :)

Posted by: GregAnnapolis | March 26, 2009 6:42 PM | Report abuse

'01? Yikes. I graduated COLLEGE in '98.

Posted by: kittypawz | March 26, 2009 7:09 PM | Report abuse

Staged fight, much? 5 for fighting to both Carcillo (PHI) and Campbell (FLA) -- at 0:03 of the 1st period.

Posted by: GregAnnapolis | March 26, 2009 7:11 PM | Report abuse

kittypawz/GregAnnapolis:
alright already - enough bragging - i get it i'm old(er) :)

so who thinks erskine will really play wing tomorrow night?

Posted by: Capt_Kirk_in_AZ | March 26, 2009 7:13 PM | Report abuse

To show my age, I graduated from college in 1975, soon after the first year of the Caps' existence. We actually attended some games during the 1975-1976 season where the first game I saw was a 2-0 loss and Bernie Wolfe was goalie that day.

I remember the 1984-1985 season well. The Caps were off to a great start and then stated losing after my daughter was born (late Feb). They missed out on winning their division (Flyers won) and were bounced in the first round. 1985-1986 was another year that started well but, once again, they were bounced in the playoffs.

Posted by: CapsFan75 | March 26, 2009 7:18 PM | Report abuse

To Rachel216, I take it you're still in HS.

Posted by: CapsFan75 | March 26, 2009 7:20 PM | Report abuse

@GregAnnapolis: Yeah, that sounds pre-planned.

The one that just happened wasn't, though. Florida is playing as down and dirty as Philly is, and doing a better job.

Posted by: kittypawz | March 26, 2009 7:22 PM | Report abuse

Yes, I am a loser, I am still in high school.. I'm a junior... :)

Posted by: rachel216 | March 26, 2009 7:23 PM | Report abuse

We'll see how Erskine will be as a forward. Or as I call him, Oisk. (Okay, I'm showing my roots as a baseball fan and associate the name Erskine with the old Brooklyn Dodgers pitcher, Carl Erskine, who was known as Oisk.)

Posted by: CapsFan75 | March 26, 2009 7:24 PM | Report abuse

Rachel216, you're not a loser even if you are in HS. You're nearly the age of my younger daughter, who's a senior. She's not a hockey fan but goes to a school that has an awesome hockey team and they even have a player named Chris Clark. BTW, she used to swim with a fellow named Chris Clark on a rockin' red swim team (for one year).

Posted by: CapsFan75 | March 26, 2009 7:26 PM | Report abuse

rachel216, Thanks for making me not the youngest person here!

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | March 26, 2009 7:26 PM | Report abuse

Yeah I'm not sure how there wasn't a powerplay out of that one a few minutes ago. Anyway I think Florida is playing the better game... impressive for the tail game of a back-to-back.

Posted by: GregAnnapolis | March 26, 2009 7:29 PM | Report abuse

jmu_capsgirl: Are you happy about that or mad? I'm not sure...

Posted by: rachel216 | March 26, 2009 7:29 PM | Report abuse

Panthers up 1-0 on the flyers

Posted by: Sonyask | March 26, 2009 7:32 PM | Report abuse

jmu_capsgirl: Haha! :)

rachel_216: yeah, age doesn't make for a loser, and I don't think you're one anyway.

kittypawz: How about that goal! Florida leads 1-0. And just this instant, a huge dive by Carcillo...

I kinda hope Florida makes the playoffs so that we can have three SE teams.

Posted by: GregAnnapolis | March 26, 2009 7:33 PM | Report abuse

@GregAnnapolis: Absolutely Florida is playing the better game. Powe should have gotten a game misconduct for the third man in stunt he pulled. I can't comment on the hit and whether it was clean, since they didn't deign to show it, but third man in is uncool.

Posted by: kittypawz | March 26, 2009 7:37 PM | Report abuse

I'm at work right now -- is the Flyers game on Comcast tonight?

Posted by: Sonyask | March 26, 2009 7:42 PM | Report abuse

Sonyask: I'm watching with InDemand's Center Ice on FIOS. I just checked CSN (the Midatlantic one) and it's showing a Wizards encore.

Posted by: GregAnnapolis | March 26, 2009 7:45 PM | Report abuse

followup to jmu_capsgirl @ rachel216

@CapsFan75:
Thanks for making me not the oldest person here!

Posted by: Capt_Kirk_in_AZ | March 26, 2009 7:46 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the info @GregA. Heck! who would want to watch a hockey game among playoff hopefuls when they could see a Wizards encore anyway?

Posted by: Sonyask | March 26, 2009 7:48 PM | Report abuse

Thanks Greg. ;) I started watching the Caps around November 2007. I guess that makes me a bandwagon fan. :/ (sort of, but they were still bad in November 2007)

Posted by: rachel216 | March 26, 2009 7:48 PM | Report abuse

ok all you youngins, I used to go to the NY Rangers games in 1962 when there were just the original six teams, Used to watch Gump Worsley in goal. Doug Harvey was the player coach and was paid $20,000 per year, highest on the team. Beat that

Posted by: billd2 | March 26, 2009 7:58 PM | Report abuse

I still remind my mother every so often that she "ruined my life" by not letting my go stand in line for tickets in 1998. I just could not understand why she had a major problem with her 17 year old daughter standing in line, alone, in Chinatown. We had this huge row over it, too!

But then I graduated and went off to college in the middle of nowhere (go UMD Bulldogs! Hope to see them in DC!), and then came back at the lowest of low points. Patience is rewarded, though--I called my mother the moment my playoff tickets were in hand last year! "FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Posted by: RedBirdie | March 26, 2009 8:05 PM | Report abuse

billd2:
i fold - you win
i didn't know what hockey was in 62 - but i'd be willing to bet my brothers were 'poke' checking me with sticks to see if i'd fall over - or if i needed a diaper change (hahahahaha)

Posted by: Capt_Kirk_in_AZ | March 26, 2009 8:07 PM | Report abuse

New post

Posted by: billd2 | March 26, 2009 8:13 PM | Report abuse

at Capt_Kirk_in_AZ

Yes, I know I'm relatively ancient but I'd like to think I look young for my age. (People say I do.)

Although I'm old enough to remember Star Trek as an original series when I was 13. And have a child the age of several Washington Caps.

Posted by: CapsFan75 | March 26, 2009 8:51 PM | Report abuse

Well I dont agree with the fact that it was TSN that brought it up, wasnt it a Post reporter who "Wanted to go there"?

Posted by: TJ2008 | March 26, 2009 9:32 PM | Report abuse

@TJ: It was a Post reporter who brought the topic up first, but she was there for other reasons as well. If you listen to Boudreau's response, he specifically targets TSN, which sent a crew for that reason alone: "You guys coming from Toronto [sic] to find out an answer on retribution, where there should be no retribution at all."

Sorry if that wasn't clear, and thanks for the comment.

Posted by: Lindsay Applebaum | March 26, 2009 9:48 PM | Report abuse

hehe np, I heard the TSN comment. And I know they would have asked the same thing. TSN have been acting like major tools about this, how many times did they ask OV about it, you can tell he was sick of it.

We all love Katie in here, shes good :)

Posted by: TJ2008 | March 26, 2009 10:04 PM | Report abuse