Brashear Says Russian Report Is False

Earlier today, Russian newspaper Sport-Express reported that suspended Caps enforcer Donald Brashear was flying out to Russia to sign with the KHL's Vityaz Checkov.

Coach Bruce Boudreau responded to the report at practice, saying: "To me, it's a total fallacy because I haven't anything about it."

And now please excuse this journalistic game of telephone, but Brashear sent a text message to Mike Wise and said the report is false. Wise then sent a text message to Tarik, who called me to put it on the blog. So there you have it, straight from the source. Kind of.

By Lindsay Applebaum  |  May 5, 2009; 5:03 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The Dangers of Game 3
Next: NHL Will Not Suspend Penguins' Kunitz

Comments

I'm so happy to hear this!!! I love Brash and would hate to see him go. Come on GMGM man up!!

Posted by: capsfan01 | May 5, 2009 5:11 PM | Report abuse

please re-up Brash for another year. When hes not out there, its obvious that the team misses his toughness

Posted by: arcassells | May 5, 2009 7:20 PM | Report abuse

wise and brash sound like BFF's.

Posted by: dcsportsfan1 | May 5, 2009 8:19 PM | Report abuse

People of course Brashear is not going to fly to Russia next week. He is still under contract with the Capitals and he is required to be with the team despite the fact that he is suspended. After the season is over, whenever it is, he will sign a contract to play in Russia. The Capitals have too much talent at Hershey and elsewhere in the pipleline to keep him around.

Posted by: MKadyman | May 5, 2009 8:23 PM | Report abuse

I'm a little bit of a hockey newbie, but I know the Hershey Bears are money this year. Does anyone know of a website like extremeskins.com or orioleshangout.com for the Caps where people can go to learn more/chat about the Caps and their minor league affiliate?

Posted by: Glass_Half_Full | May 5, 2009 10:12 PM | Report abuse