Caps recall Brian Fahey

The Capitals have recalled defenseman Brian Fahey from Hershey for his third stint with the club.

Fahey, who is out on the ice at KCI this morning, went on the Capitals' three-game road trip and appeared only against the Calgary Flames, finishing the game with an even plus-minus rating in 12:20 of ice time despite deflecting Curtis Glencross's shot past Michal Neuvirth.

By Katie Carrera  | November 3, 2010; 10:04 AM ET
Categories:  Brian Fahey, Toronto Maple Leafs
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Capitals perfect with Boyd Gordon in the lineup
Next: Michal Neuvirth to start against Leafs and other morning skate notes

Comments

Is there really no one else from Hershey we could try?

Posted by: capscoach | November 3, 2010 10:23 AM | Report abuse

I mean two games and two shots deflected into our own net...not the best track record.

Posted by: capscoach | November 3, 2010 10:27 AM | Report abuse

hell at this point why not give finley or McNeill a go...fahey just simply isn't good

Posted by: _stevo | November 3, 2010 10:30 AM | Report abuse

stevo
Finley hasn't been very impressive in Hershey. And if you mean Patrick McNeill, he's rehabbing a shoulder injury. Sean Collins is in Hershey. I believe he was up for a few games last year and he did ok.

Posted by: tess2201 | November 3, 2010 10:40 AM | Report abuse

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, not Fahey again! I want to see Collins get a shot followed by McNeill. Just say no to Finley for at least another two years.

Posted by: PhilR | November 3, 2010 10:53 AM | Report abuse

Fahey has shown me nothing. It is perplexing that there isn't anyone else in Hershey we can call up. In 2 of his games here he has kicked in 2 goals for the opposition. Not very promising.

Posted by: ken_berlin | November 3, 2010 11:02 AM | Report abuse

Collins never played last year I think but he was decent enough in 08-09 for a few games. But, I think during last year's Hershey playoffs he may have been scratched some. So maybe he's going downhill. Tess, was/is Collins a top D in Hershey?

Posted by: tominsocal1 | November 3, 2010 11:04 AM | Report abuse

Geez, I recall Fahey, too.

Does anyone else have better memories than I do about him?

Posted by: RedLitYogi | November 3, 2010 11:08 AM | Report abuse

I blew out my knee last year and am still rehabbing it, not to mention I havent played ice hockey for quite a few years, but I do play defense and I am sure I can do better than Fahey....and Sloan for that matter. And hey GMGM, I'll take 300k a year. Talk about a deal.

Posted by: SeminAllOverTheIce | November 3, 2010 11:11 AM | Report abuse

So Fahey was the best we could do last year? I would think GMGM would have gotten somebody for depth.

Posted by: chriscaps | November 3, 2010 11:15 AM | Report abuse

@tess

thanks didn't know McNeill was injured

Posted by: _stevo | November 3, 2010 11:18 AM | Report abuse

Does anyone else have better memories than I do about him?

Posted by: RedLitYogi | November 3, 2010 11:08 AM

Red...if you have been to any of the home games that he has played in this year, you would know that:

1)When the horn guy blows his horn three times, the crowd responds with "LETS GO CAPS"

2)When Goat yells louder than a normal person should be able to, the crowd responds with "LETS GO CAPS"

3)When the home team scores after the announcer is done calling the score, the crowd responds "(counts the up to the number of goals scored followed by) ALL YOUR FAULT"

4)When the visiting team scores after the announcer is done calling the score, the crowd responds "WHO CARES".

5) And finally, everytime you see Fahey on the ice, the crowd responds "UGHHHHHHH" (not to be confused with the crowd response to the moan of when Sloan takes the ice...which is similar, but sounds more depressing).

Hope this helps.

Posted by: SeminAllOverTheIce | November 3, 2010 11:30 AM | Report abuse

@seminallovertheice

You should be a caps games 101 professor. You did not however mention the RED in the star spangled banner, innevitably cheering whenever Ovie even touches the puck, innevitbale goalie taunts whenever we take the lead, and proper etiquette for unleash the fury...but maybe thats for caps games 102!

Posted by: capscoach | November 3, 2010 11:45 AM | Report abuse

@capscoach

I dont do the "RED" or "O" thing during the national anthem. First off I find it kind of disrespectful, and the "O" part is and Orioles thing/baseball thing if my history is correct (not to mention I find it kind of disrespectful as well). Not nearly as disrepectful as the jackholes that decide to use the anthem song to heckle and/or shout crap (typical Rags and Philthy fans etiquette ), but a little disrespectful all the same.

Most of the others are more hockey traditions as opposed to Caps specific traditions...with the exception of Unleash the Fury (which yes, I accidentally omitted from the list).

Speaking of, I miss the original UtF...Tom Green seems to stare into the camera directly in the new version. Meh, oh well.

Posted by: SeminAllOverTheIce | November 3, 2010 11:54 AM | Report abuse

Please just shoot me -- this day can't get much worse

Posted by: JIMALLCAPS1 | November 3, 2010 12:07 PM | Report abuse

@saoti - lmao, thanks for the lesson. "A more depressing groan" - fantastic...look forward to trying to hear that one at the game tonight.

Posted by: RedLitYogi | November 3, 2010 1:17 PM | Report abuse