Calling all Caps fans

In September, The Post will introduce a new reader-driven blog for fans, by fans, focused solely on Washington sports. To fill out our roster of fan bloggers, we're looking for two of our best, most diehard Capitals fans to weigh in on whatever's happening in the world of the Caps. While we'll ask all bloggers to occasionally weigh in on all of Washington's pro teams, we're particularly interested in having a pair of established Capitals voices as part of the project.

We're not just looking for regular fans, we're looking for fans who live and breathe the Caps, who are scrambling for more information on Jeff Schultz as often as they google Alex Ovechkin, who know about the second-half performances of all Bruce Boudreau-coached minor league teams and want to accurately predict how many games Jay Beagle will play this season.

Although the blog will not launch until September, you can get started right away by filling out this form.

By Mitch Rubin  |  August 19, 2010; 4:47 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Willie Mitchell update
Next: Alexander Semin not injured in car accident

Comments

What does it pay??

Cordially,
RBlatch

Posted by: rblatch45 | August 19, 2010 5:00 PM | Report abuse

Pay? Do you know the state of the newspaper business? Even the WP looks for freebies

Posted by: miklosis1 | August 19, 2010 5:17 PM | Report abuse

i can see a blog poll coming - i can't wait to see the 'short' list

Posted by: Capt_Kirk_in_AZ | August 19, 2010 5:24 PM | Report abuse

"We're not just looking for regular fans, we're looking for fans who live and breathe the Caps, who are scrambling for more information on Jeff Schultz as often as they google Alex Ovechkin"

guess this would disqualify cstanton1 - i'm pretty sure the only info he wants about schultz is when will his use his size to hit some people. jk

Posted by: Capt_Kirk_in_AZ | August 19, 2010 5:29 PM | Report abuse

And...where is Cheef when you need him? LOL!

Posted by: Puckdawg69 | August 19, 2010 5:35 PM | Report abuse

Dude is huge. Would love to hear him scream "Schultz Smash!" - from time to time. Go Caps!

Posted by: tylerdurden1 | August 19, 2010 5:41 PM | Report abuse

I am looking for imput from those who actually read my long posts. Would you actually read my blogs if I wrote them?

Posted by: icehammer97 | August 19, 2010 6:04 PM | Report abuse

Will there be a Doofus Brigade?

Posted by: tominsocal1 | August 19, 2010 6:06 PM | Report abuse

I think they should have titled this thread, "Post Looks to Get a Pair."

Posted by: tominsocal1 | August 19, 2010 6:09 PM | Report abuse

@icehammer97

I think we'd all read whoever they select at least for the first little bit. Then its up to you to maintain it or make sure you've captured your audience. Can't be too negative in posts or too positive, have to strike the right balance. If there's no balance in your blog posts if you are selected you'd probably only be writing for 1/3 of the people who visit this blog and thus lose a large majority of the people. Thats the fine line of writing blogs as a fan rather than as a beat reporter.

Posted by: ThePat | August 19, 2010 6:11 PM | Report abuse

BTW, I want to nominate cstanton1 and sgm3 as the pair. Then it would be like SNL back in the day with Dan Akyroyd and Jane Curtain.

Posted by: tominsocal1 | August 19, 2010 6:12 PM | Report abuse

Let me rephrase my response to @icehammer. If sgm3 and cstanton1 were chosen I am not sure people would ever read the posts after the first week. Considering we all already know what they'd write.

Posted by: ThePat | August 19, 2010 6:17 PM | Report abuse

Shut up, sgm3, you ignorant sl-t.
Alex, I'd like to buy a vowel.

Posted by: JIMALLCAPS1 | August 19, 2010 6:19 PM | Report abuse

Well, the only way for someone to be effective, that person has to be more of a moderator and less of a commentator. Some can't do that and others don't want to. Many, also, simply don't have the time or desire to get anchored to something like that.

I certainly hope this doesn't mean the regular blog entries will be reduced. I come here for two reasons - the info and updates from the beat writer and then, secondly, some friendly bantering. And, although some complain about it, there isn't nearly the name calling you see at other blogs.

Posted by: tominsocal1 | August 19, 2010 6:33 PM | Report abuse

I don't care a fig about any washington teams other than the CAPS. The described blog will never be visited by moi. Why would i want to wade through all of the skins and nats crap to see what i am interested in?

just don't start it and then in the future take this one away because there is one that covers all of washington's sports so well and argue that this one is redundant.

so there!

Bubba

Posted by: ebolean1 | August 19, 2010 6:46 PM | Report abuse

@tominsocal

I doubt the regular blogs are being reduced. I think its the Post just trying to bring a new angle to the Online version of the paper. With the peak of blogs right now its a brilliant idea in my opinion. If it fails, it fails. Doesnt cost them anything and if anyone writes for a living and gets the gig its great for their resume as its always good to say you were published in a paper even if only online.

I mean we comment 300 times on a lot of entries. If you have 3 differernt perspectives, writing about different things it just provides more coverage for the paper. More for us to read and comment on.

Posted by: ThePat | August 19, 2010 6:49 PM | Report abuse

A wonderful quote:

"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

Posted by: sgm3 | August 19, 2010 6:53 PM | Report abuse

@tominsocal1- what alcoholic beverage would you recommend for a mid August eve while awaiting news on an impending trade? lol

Posted by: FunkyGloveFacewash | August 19, 2010 6:56 PM | Report abuse

I know it is a non-payed position. Exactly my point.

Make it look all flowery and important and then get some dufus to do it for free. Can someone help me paint this fence? Its really fun!

Cordially,
RBlatch

Posted by: rblatch45 | August 19, 2010 7:34 PM | Report abuse

@ FunkyGloveFacewash

I know tominsocal and i can tell you that i am no tominsocal - but here in gaithersburg it is a beautiful evening to sit on the deck with a gin and tonic and a cigar - monitoring the goingson here.

Posted by: ebolean1 | August 19, 2010 7:43 PM | Report abuse

@thepat...I don't see any stats to back up your opinion. I also do not care to read about the nats, skins and wiz. I guess that would also include soccer, the wnba?Crap. It is my opinion that this blog, while incorporating all that stuff, will die a slow death. @sgm3...no stats to substantiate this just a feeling.

Posted by: nimrodrsp | August 19, 2010 7:46 PM | Report abuse

more hockey coverage in the WaPo,is a good thing, as long as the pair has time to actaully know something about the Caps & game.

Posted by: Hattrik | August 19, 2010 7:52 PM | Report abuse

And here I thought this was the Washington Post - a real newspaper. If I wanted to read what fans like me have to say or think, I'd go to one of the many fan blogs or sites that are out there. Thanks, Washington Post for making your product less unique. It is bad enough that Tarik left, now the paper wants to give us what fans think? Thanks, but no thanks.

Posted by: ahorne1982 | August 19, 2010 7:58 PM | Report abuse

Right there with you ahorne1982.

So (hypothetical) you are a journalist. And it's time for your annual review. You write well. Some people read your work. You were factual and sometimes clever. But DonkeyFace1996 was silly and got a kinda cult following and tons of hits. More than you. And he did it just so someone would listen to him. No money. So you figure you are going to get more money this year? Doubtful. Meanwhile you are already a cheaper replacement to some 40 year veteran reporter who got laid off last year. Maybe you don't care enougb about writing to stick around if the money doesn't improve. You've got bills!

The media is making actual journalism less and less attractive and as a result the quality of analysis and depth of reporting is suffering. But do you blame the parent companies? They sell what people buy and people are buying the lowest common denominator. They eat up the Jersey Shore and Jerry Springer. So in the end the consumer is just getting what they ask for with their wallet and it is garbage. This move appears to be another in a step in the wrong direction. Chances of my home delivery renewal aren't good.

Posted by: megatroll1 | August 19, 2010 8:16 PM | Report abuse

@ ebolean1- Thanks for the suggestion. I ended up going with the cheap vodka and Fresca, no parasol, that would make me a Girl Drink Drunk! There, now we have SNL,
Mark Twain, and Kids In The Hall all referenced in the same thread.

Posted by: FunkyGloveFacewash | August 19, 2010 8:17 PM | Report abuse

With much sadness I just read BB's interview on NHL.com. He still believes Halak was the only reason the Canadiens won the series. Don't get me wrong I'm not anti-BB, I think he's done a lot of good things, but his inability or unwillingness to adjust when the Caps had 3 games to win 1 against the Habs was troubling. It also makes we worry that he and GMGM still don't realize that the lack of grit and toughness on the blueline is an ongoing issue...

Posted by: kcbrichmond | August 19, 2010 8:46 PM | Report abuse

I vote for CStanton under the heading "GMGM's Fan Club."

Posted by: zmega | August 19, 2010 9:01 PM | Report abuse

@megatroll1

Why would you want unbiased, thoughtful analysis from the paper that broke Watergate? We don't want more coverage of the team from people who are trained and go in the locker room. We all just want to see photoshopped pictures and funny nicknames!!!

You know who has a good fan blog> Japers Rink. Is the Post going to hire them to write for free? I doubt it.

Posted by: ahorne1982 | August 19, 2010 9:05 PM | Report abuse

Along the lines of what ahorne and megatroll said, I count 13 "Caps-centric blogs" listed on CI, and I am sure there are others that are not listed. Do we really need 2 more? Now if the WP were to offer a product with competent, unbiased, in-depth analysis and occasional good reporting on what's actually going on within the team, I would not only be interested in reading it but I would be willing to pay for it. As it is, the Toronto media breaks more news on the Caps than the WP does. No offense to Katie, who has just started.

Posted by: zmega | August 19, 2010 9:16 PM | Report abuse

kcbrichmond - I agree Halak was merely capable in that series when it was actually the Habs team defensive play and BB's lack of adjustments that won it for them. I too am a fan of BB and his style of play but was disappointed that he didn't change things up during the series to adjust to the Habs game plan. Halak wasn't even great in his 53 save effort, he was just good. The moron commentators that gushed at his 53 saves overlooked the fact that he had a clear view of 47-48 of those shots. Only a handful of his saves in that game were above average.

Posted by: FunkyGloveFacewash | August 19, 2010 9:20 PM | Report abuse

It's true that Caps fans clamor for more Caps coverage from the Post (and it has definitely improved over the years), but this is surely not what we had in mind. I can find amateur, uninformed opinion about the Capitals anywhere on the internet and sadly, without exception, not a single bit of it is worth reading. (Many of those sites are linked from this very page, in fact.)

I come to the Washington Post for the in-depth coverage of the Capitals that those sites can't provide. Unfortunately it appears that instead of bolstering its strengths in this area the Post has decided to add to the unnecessary and uninteresting noise that I think most actual fans of the team and the game would gladly avoid.

(Or, to put it another way, anyone at the Post who has been reading the comments on Capitals Insider over the years and thinks that there's anything interesting, insightful, or good here should probably be fired.)

Posted by: spacecadetkid | August 19, 2010 9:20 PM | Report abuse

This was from the BB story but there is a lot of truth in it:

(Sidney) Crosby said it best when (Pittsburgh) lost (to Montreal in the second round). He said if they're game plan was to play three quarters of the game in their zone and then hopefully win, then they had a good game plan.

Posted by: sgm3 | August 19, 2010 10:00 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: FunkyGloveFacewash | August 19, 2010 6:56 PM

Funky: Sorry, I'm late, but white wine, beer or any kind of cocktail are all great for a summer evening. I chose a Kenwood 2008 sauvignon blanc, but that was due to we had fish. Gin & 7-up, anything with Bacardi, vodka & OJ...I could give you a Forest Gump like list of acceptable drinks.

On BB...I have posted several times the SIX reasons, with percentages, why Caps lost to Habs:

25% - BB outcoached by Martin, who clogged the zone with his defenders.
20% - GMGM failed to provide right talent.
20% - Habs players played "their game" better than Caps players.
15% - Halak was great.
15% - Caps PP was 1 for 34.
5% - bad bounces/bad breaks.

I believe in hockey it's pretty lame to just say, "Their goalie was great." Sorry, BB, that's my take. That's like saying every single thing was equal but their goalie was better. Sometimes, occasionally, that's true. I don't think this was one of those times. Caps didn't come out to play the first two games and got lucky in game 2. Caps ruled in games 3 and 4. Caps set back the rest of the way while Montreal, like Pens used to do to us, changed to a style that would win.

In four Playoff series, BB has yet to be a deciding factor. That's just the plain truth. (You can't give him credit for Torts blowing the Caps-NYR series either. That was a case of someone lost, not someone won.)

Posted by: tominsocal1 | August 19, 2010 10:55 PM | Report abuse

@tominsocal1

So you disagree with Crosby when he said "if they're game plan was to play three quarters of the game in their zone and then hopefully win, then they had a good game plan."

Posted by: sgm3 | August 19, 2010 11:58 PM | Report abuse

sgm3 thinks he's smarter than the rest, but he tends to give biased arguments in his own favor, i.e the Madano signing and bring up Nick Lidstrom's style play. He fails to mention that Zetteberg and Datsyuk are also excellent defensive players for the former and that Detroit has their heavy hitters for blue liners; it's just that Lidstrom isn't one of those but instead Kronwall and Stuart are.

Then there his love for following "statistics" yet he seems completely ignorant of what the hell he's talking about. You can cite stats and "experts" all you want, but there's always going to be a probability that they're going to be wrong. For one, stats are "compressed" data; that means that there's always going to be stuff missing, and often important stuff to boot. Telling people to be just an "expert's" b**** is simply appeal to authority, and that type of argumentation holds NO LOGICAL water.

Posted by: slurpeesarecool | August 20, 2010 12:00 AM | Report abuse

Free Labor.....FTW!!!!

Posted by: RedskinsXXVI | August 20, 2010 2:38 AM | Report abuse

Hmm ... The Caps have enough diehard "armchair" bloggers now with their own dedicated sites. Some of them are actually good ... The Post is an afterthought for information on the Caps outside of the Insider. I only hope the Insider doesn't lose the luster it has grown while Tarik built the following.

Posted by: cwiseman | August 20, 2010 6:54 AM | Report abuse

@slurpeesarecool...no offense, but I always preferred the chilly willys from Highs. But I like you comments to sgm3 (stat man).

Posted by: nimrodrsp | August 20, 2010 6:59 AM | Report abuse

@slurpeesarecool

If you have counter arguments with some sort of stats/evidence then please present it. It is surely out there for many points, but actually bring them up to support whatever statement you are trying to say is correct.

At no point have I ever said be an "experts fool" but to use expert opinion along with statistical data to support an opinion.

Otherwise you are just a random screen name saying something is true because your screen name says its true. And what could be more convincing than that?

I still find it very amusing that people are offended at the idea of supporting their opinions with facts. Why is that a bad thing? People who ignore statstics are usually those who are afraid of being shown that what they think they saw is not actually true.

Modano signing: What did I say about the Modano signing? Backstrom is also getting up there in terms of being ranked as a top defensive centerman (Zetterberg finished 9th in the Selke voting and Backstrom 10th, Datsyuk is an awesome defender)

Lidstrom: How difficult is it for people to admit that it is capable of being an awesome defenseman if you use great positioning and stickwork? That is what Lidstrom did. He is one of the top 5 defensemen ever. There are clearly other ways to become a great defenseman, but it is apparent that this is too.

Then, using logic, you can conclude that it since it is possible to become a great defenseman using that sort of style it would also be possible to become a good or solid defenseman using that style.

Posted by: sgm3 | August 20, 2010 7:53 AM | Report abuse

So.....I would like to start an informal pole here on CI....

Who's post would everyone here rather read:

CStanton1----

sgm3----

My personal vote goes to CStanton1 as he is obviously much more knowledgable about the game than sgm3. And NO sgm3, I am not going to back up that OPINION with any STATS!!!

Please weigh in!!

Posted by: PhilR | August 20, 2010 8:01 AM | Report abuse

isn't sgm3 a lawyer or lawyer wannabee? If so, that is where all that stat crap comes from. He has the mindset that you have to prove everything you say. In my opinion, he is wrong.

Posted by: nimrodrsp | August 20, 2010 8:07 AM | Report abuse

I guess that Katie is too busy writing about the Mystics to actually write any Caps news. It seems that the Caps are in talks to trade Flash for either Sheldon Souray or Kevin Bieksa. Hopefully a trade will be made soon so the team can finalize the deal with Belanger and maybe Mitchell (if he wants to sign with the Caps).

Posted by: MReilly9 | August 20, 2010 8:09 AM | Report abuse

"It seems that the Caps are in talks to trade Flash for either Sheldon Souray or Kevin Bieksa."

Yeah, heard this last night also.

Buh-bye Flash. That's what happens when your agent gives you bad advice.

- Ray

Posted by: rmcazz | August 20, 2010 8:21 AM | Report abuse

My nomination goes to Tominsocal

He's a well informed fan, able to get to the heart of the matter without putting down others. He comes with opinons backed with facts and his trade propositions are usually well thought out.

And he know's his wine...

Posted by: jeets | August 20, 2010 8:35 AM | Report abuse

MReilly

Report facts, not rumors...Katies job is not to report every rumor...think about it.

Posted by: jeets | August 20, 2010 8:37 AM | Report abuse

Tominsocal gets my vote...

Posted by: nimrodrsp | August 20, 2010 8:41 AM | Report abuse

The fact that this is a one-paper town (where the one paper devotes almost no resources to hockey) means that we're never going to know anything about the Caps before it actually happens.

Posted by: LesGrossman | August 20, 2010 8:44 AM | Report abuse

You guys see the report that Alexander Semin was unhurt in a car crash? I need to start going to other blogs for my Caps news! Just kidding Katie! Well, sort of.

Posted by: larryn703 | August 20, 2010 8:47 AM | Report abuse

So, is this trade just not happening, or what? I've been checking 10 times a day since the rumor started and I'm getting sick of it...

Posted by: landocalrissian | August 20, 2010 8:51 AM | Report abuse

What exactly is meant by 'best, most diehard Caps fans'?

The most fervent supporters of the team...or the most fervent supporters of current club management (the current GM et al)? The two are not necessarily synonymous.

Posted by: Lukashenko | August 20, 2010 8:57 AM | Report abuse

Sometimes I miss the days where news came via snail mail. Basically we didn't know about a trade, or potential trade unless it was in the newspaper or on a radio talk show. Now we hear trade rumors that are loosely based on facts and we sit on pins and needles and google throughout the day.

I would vote for cstanton1 to have a WaPo blog with the stipulation he would make all of his comments on the blog. He would have to lose his board privileges and I wouldn't have to read his junk here.

Also, even if he was not paid for the position, would his insults eventually lead to potential lawsuits against WaPo? In here we are just joe shmoes posting opinions so the WaPo wouldn't be liable. Getting a WaPo backed blog would probably make the WaPo liable whether the blogger is paid or not.

Posted by: fanohock1 | August 20, 2010 9:04 AM | Report abuse

I believe the Capologists rates are too high for WaPo.

But I would give tominX the time of day.

And since I am now accustomed to cutting thru the "hate" in the "haters" post.

I would give the flyweight cstanton a read as well.

I would have done it last year, but I'm not so sure now.

Posted by: wtf_e_fehr | August 20, 2010 9:16 AM | Report abuse

News item posted by in the comments section on Japers:

Semin in a car accident but not injured.

Posted by: tess2201 | August 20, 2010 9:22 AM | Report abuse

@nimrodrsp

No, you do not have to prove everything you say. Anybody can say whatever they want.

My point is about people supporting their opinions with at least a shred of evidence. A shred, that's it. Just something.

In normal conversation, or even on tv, you know the person making a comment so credibility can be attached because you know a lot about said person(his background, his occupation, his intelligence, etc.). So there is less of a need for evidence because some credibility is immediately attached due to the nature of the speaker. If you then dig deeper to find out if you agree with the opinion then facts are necessary to support an opinion.

However, in this medium no one on here knows anyone else. It is just a bunch of random screen names making short statements. With many people saying things are true just because they typed it.

Hence the need for support. If a person says "I believe Duke is the best team in NCAA football this year", is it wrong to question that? Is it wrong to ask "why do you believe this" and want a better answer than "it's true because I said so"?

Now if it was Bobby Bowden(or pick your hall of fame coach) who said this, then credibility would be attached. However, when those people say such things they always follow it with "Duke is the best team BECAUSE....." and not just keep it at "Duke is the best team."

Many people's opinions on here have good supportive evidence. I'm just asking people to use it.

Posted by: sgm3 | August 20, 2010 9:24 AM | Report abuse

@sgm3

Did you go to Duke?

Posted by: ThePat | August 20, 2010 9:40 AM | Report abuse

Katie, when do we start getting some caps news?!

Posted by: beldelo | August 20, 2010 9:53 AM | Report abuse

@ThePat

I'm just using Duke as a hypothetical because they are a well known for having a poor football team.

Posted by: sgm3 | August 20, 2010 10:03 AM | Report abuse

I know why you are using it....I didnt ask that, I asked if you went to the school.

Posted by: ThePat | August 20, 2010 10:08 AM | Report abuse

I am still disappointed about the first round exit last year. IMHO the Capitals coaching staff & players exhibited a low hockey IQ. Since the Capitals management & coaching staff don't seem to have acknowleged this I don't have very high expectations for this year either.

Posted by: FloridaCapsFan | August 20, 2010 10:11 AM | Report abuse

@ThePat

I'm going to have to respectfully say "no comment" because I am uncomfortable releasing any personal information about myself in mediums such as this.

Posted by: sgm3 | August 20, 2010 10:12 AM | Report abuse

I hope we do not trade for Souray. Why would the Caps give up something for him when they could have gotten him for free when the Oilers put him on waivers two months ago.

Also stop demanding Katie write more or give us more information. She is paid to report the news if she reported ever rumor she heard without filtering out the ones that were nothing more then talk she would just be a Caps only Ecklund. In the last few weeks we have been getting some sort of new blog every 3-4 days. I don't remember it being that often in an offseason before she took over.

Posted by: icehammer97 | August 20, 2010 10:17 AM | Report abuse

from ESPN insider:

The Washington Capitals are looking for some defense, which is why they've been linked to Willie Mitchell and Kevin Bieksa. But perhaps they had other options too -- maybe from the St. Louis Blues.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch's Jeremy Rutherford writes that Barret Jackman and Eric Brewer have been mentioned in trade rumors with the Capitals, and he thinks they've "probably been offered to the Caps in trade proposals." Of course, nothing worked out, but the notion that the Blues are willing to trade those two guys might mean they'll try to pull another deal later in the season.

While we knew the Blues were actively trying to move Brewer, it was unclear whether they wanted to move Jackman. If they did move Jackman, they would probably seek some offense in return. Also, the move would clear up some space for either Alex Pietrangelo or Ian Cole.

Posted by: brian58 | August 20, 2010 10:17 AM | Report abuse

Ok, well than no comment I will take as a yes because if you said NO you arent releasing any information other than you didnt go to Duke and there are thousands of colleges you could have gone to.

And needless to say if you did go to Duke that definitely explains a lot about you.

Posted by: ThePat | August 20, 2010 10:17 AM | Report abuse

also from ESPN insider:

We thought for sure Sheldon Souray's contract was immovable -- after all, he carries a $5.4 million cap hit for two more seasons. But according to the Edmonton Journal, the Washington Capitals are apparently interested in the defenseman.

The Caps are looking to add to their blueline and are also exploring a trade for Kevin Bieksa. And it appears they would send Tomas Fleischmann back in a deal. But the Souray rumor surprises us a bit.

Now, the Oilers have been trying to unload Souray for a while now. So perhaps the Journal's source is just trying to ramp up some interest in the blueliner. Or, perhaps, the Caps are willing to take on Souray's cap hit only if the Oilers are willing to give up other assets. But another reason this probably won't happen is that the Caps can't take on Souray's cap hit even if they trade Fleischmann.

Posted by: brian58 | August 20, 2010 10:18 AM | Report abuse

sgm3...bantering back and forth with you on this issue is slightly amusing. Lord knows that if there was news about our favorite hockey team we wouldn't waste our time with this. Dang it!!! just can't seem to get away from unsubstantiated opinions. If I was going to court then I would need proof or data to back up my side. Since nothing more than a feeling is needed to have an opinion then I will continue in this manor. I am not disputing any thing that anyone says therefore I don't need to have any stats. Is the sun shining where you are? Then have a good day.

Posted by: nimrodrsp | August 20, 2010 10:21 AM | Report abuse

@icehammer

I actually wouldnt mind Souray and I know I am probably in the minority. I know we could have had him for free but we couldnt afford him just picking him up for the next two years. But if we send Flash and Erskine back than we are adding less than $2M in salary essentially.

I dont see that trade happening or the Caps actually having an interest in him. But if they pulled off a deal like that I wouldnt mind at all.

Posted by: ThePat | August 20, 2010 10:22 AM | Report abuse

This continues to be the longest and most painful offseason I can remember.

...and I am sick of reading about nothing.

CSTANTON, COME ON HERE AND START SOME S**T!

Never thought I would say that, but its better than what I got now.

Posted by: wtf_e_fehr | August 20, 2010 10:38 AM | Report abuse

@ThePat

My answer will be the same for any personal question you ask me. If I say "no" or "yes" to anything, no matter how small, it is giving away personal information. I am uncomfortable doing so.

@nimrodrsp

If the sun is shining where I am depends where I am located at this very moment. So maybe, maybe not. I could say "it is shining" but be in Japan at the moment where it is dark, or I could say "it isn't shining" but be in the U.S. where it is light. Either way you would have no idea if my statement is true or not and would be believing it just because I said it.

However, if I sent you a time marked photo to support my claim that it is either dark or light you would be much more certain if my statement was true or not.

Posted by: sgm3 | August 20, 2010 10:38 AM | Report abuse

whew...new thread

maybe he wont see that post.

shhhhhh

Posted by: wtf_e_fehr | August 20, 2010 10:39 AM | Report abuse

...who know about the second-half performances of all Bruce Boudreau-coached minor league teams...

Just thought I'd point out that hockey games have three periods and not evenly divided halves, though I suppose you could examine team performance from the 10 minute mark of the second period through the end of regulation.

Posted by: BigRed8 | August 20, 2010 11:19 AM | Report abuse

@sgm3.. you are a flaming idiot.

Posted by: nimrodrsp | August 20, 2010 11:20 AM | Report abuse

I'm going to boycott this paper if they make cstanton1, one of their bloggers.

Let it be someone who's decent and doesn't have a chip on their shoulder. Someone who makes you want to be a Caps fan and not want to hang yourself. Someone cool like tominsocal1 or capsfan75.

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | August 21, 2010 4:12 AM | Report abuse