Canada Goes Up 3-0

Canada's juniors chased Caps' prospect Simeon Varlamov from net and cruised to a 6-2 victory today in Game 3 of the Super Series. Varlamav, according to TSN's gamer, was replaced at the start of the third period.

Note: I've got some other work-related stuff I'm handling this weekend, so I may not have the chance to update the blog often. Please feel free to discuss any Caps-related issues in the comments section below.

If I don't get a chance to check in again, have a great holiday weekend.

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  August 31, 2007; 12:50 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Ovechkin Update
Next: Stars Poke Fun at NBA Ref Scandal

Comments

I watched the game. Varlamov was brutal....again. His 5-hole is huge.

Posted by: Brad | August 31, 2007 1:25 PM | Report abuse

I don't get the interest in this. I know it is the 35th anniversary, but this is just a sham of an exhibition. If you are really into Junior hockey and want to watch Canada and Russia watch the WJC, which happens every year.

Posted by: freakinandpeakin | August 31, 2007 1:27 PM | Report abuse

i couldn't care less about the meaning behind the series. instead, it's just a chance to watch prospects. varlamov has... er... struggled a bit. hope it's not a sign of things to come.

Posted by: pgreene | August 31, 2007 1:49 PM | Report abuse

I like the Stars advertising campaign:

Posted by: Larry | August 31, 2007 1:53 PM | Report abuse

I stand by my assessment from the rookie camp that Neuvirth is far more impressive and closer to the NHL than Varlamov.

Posted by: HolyOlie | August 31, 2007 3:56 PM | Report abuse

the one concern w/ Varlamov has been coaching. From what I understand, the quality of Russian coaches (goalies) is subpar. He has a ton a talent, but he's raw. The sooner they can get him in N. America the better

Posted by: Cush | August 31, 2007 5:27 PM | Report abuse

I too wonder if NHL coaches couldn't correct that if that's the only issue. I didn't get to see any of the games b/c it wasn't broadcast in my area, though.

Posted by: Jim | August 31, 2007 7:41 PM | Report abuse