Caps 4, Canadiens 3 (SO)

Well, the Caps certainly make it interesting, don't they?

They took a 2-0 lead. Then, inexplicably, they stopped skating in the second period and watched that lead evaporate. They even fell behind in the third period after running into penalty problems...again.

"How often do you see that happen?" Coach Bruce Boudreau asked. "You score two goals early. Then you relax, the other teams comes on and you can't turn it back on again and they get the goal and they end up winning."

But on this night, Eric Fehr, Alex Ovechkin, Nicklas Backstrom and Semyon Varlamov made sure the Capitals got two points.

"I'm glad we came back," Boudreau added. "That's the first time we've scored with the goalie pulled and we only had 15 shots on goal at that time, so I wasn't too hopeful until the final three minutes when we started to put a little bit of a push on."

Check out my game story here, then come on back for some additional notes and quotes:

*Boudreau praised Fehr, who has five goals in the past night games and seems to be benefiting from playing with skilled linemates Brendan Morrsion and Brooks Laich, and the increase in ice time that comes along with it.

"He's the kind of guy who gets down on himself or has confidence," Boudreau said. "It's one of the two things. Right now he's going pretty good."

Fehr's four shots on goal were second only to Ovechkin's eight.

*Team Russia GM Vladislav Tretiak was in the house tonight. And he got an eyeful of Ovechkin and Varlamov, both of whom were outstanding. Ovechkin, obviously, is on the team. But the question now is whether Varlamov, a 21-year-old rookie, can also punch his ticket to Vancouver. I saw Tretiak and Varlamov having a long conversation after the game outside the visitors' dressing room here at Bell Centre.

Team Canada GM Steve Yzerman was also in attendance. Mike Green is another Cap hoping to secure a spot in the Olympics. Green, like Varlamov, likely did himself a favor with his effort tonight, logging a game-high 27:47 of ice time.

*Backstrom, who recorded only his second point in eight games when he set up Ovechkin, has turned in two of his best efforts of the season the past two games. Is his mini slump over? Yeah, I would say it is.

"I've seen him playing better the past two games, so I know it's going to come eventually," Boudreau said.

*Karl Alzner recorded his first assist since being recalled from the minors two games ago. He was impressive again while skating 20:05.

*Roman Hamrlik earned the second star of the night, logging two assists and five blocked shots while marking Ovechkin for most of the night. (Ovechkin was the first star).

*Mathieu Perreault spent $800 on 10 tickets for family members, then he went to center ice for the opening faceoff and won it. Just guessing here, but that might have been the highlight of his life.

"That was a lot of excitement for sure," he said. "You want to win that first faceoff for the team. I think I won it, too. So I'm pretty happy."

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  November 28, 2009; 11:55 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Tonight's lineup: Caps at Canadiens
Next: Morning roundup: Steckel still waiting to score

Comments

It can't be a Caps game unless we have a guy named Alexander in the penalty box, especially during the third period.

(Today, it was Giroux. Okay, his name was spelled in the "French" fashion)

Okay, in reality, numerous Caps have gotten themselves in the box. And, someone actually tallied the statistics and determined that the person with the most 3rd period penalties was Brendan Morrison. So, we can't just pick on guys named Alexander. And no, I'm not lobbying for anyone to dump BMo. He's been a great addition to the team. And he hasn't taken any penalties lately. It's been other people.

Posted by: CapsFan75 | November 29, 2009 12:27 AM | Report abuse

Crosby got a hat trick tonight at hat night.

Watch the youtube video...seriously like 8 million hats on the ice, haha.

He's turning into a little sniper now, isn't he?

Posted by: richmondphil | November 29, 2009 12:28 AM | Report abuse

WHAT a game! My brother and I literally SCREAMED when Fehr scored us overtime.

god I love the Caps.

Posted by: Bondra2Ovie | November 29, 2009 12:38 AM | Report abuse

Yeah he has become a sniper and his shots on goal has dramatically increased this season. Gotta shoot puck to make goals as Ovi says.

Posted by: Capsyoungguns | November 29, 2009 12:39 AM | Report abuse

We were listening to the game driving home--think I bloodied my forehead bashing it into the dashboard during the second period. Glad we pulled the win out but I hate the shootout.

Posted by: Capsyoungguns | November 29, 2009 12:42 AM | Report abuse

The September 1985 boys strike again!

(Aside from Nicky's shootout goal, our entire offense during the last 2 games has come from the boys born in September of 1985).

Can we change Fehr's first name to Alexander? Doesn't Alexander Fehr sound like a great name? (BTW, if Fehr had been MY son, he would have been named Alexander. If I had ever had a baby boy with a birth date in September, he would have been named Alexander. And yes, I even said it before Ovi ever existed.)

Posted by: CapsFan75 | November 29, 2009 12:59 AM | Report abuse

Wow, that was a lot of hats for Cindy. I hope he did not mind too much. I know he does not like it when people throw hats on the ice...

Posted by: crooks_c | November 29, 2009 1:03 AM | Report abuse

@ bondra2Ovie

yeah i did the same thing.i had head phones on watching the game on my computer and when fehr scored at the end i screamed,through of my head phones and almost hit my dog with em and scared the crap outta my son.my wife was pissed but it was because of a good cause so she didnt get too mad! I swear the caps are gonna give me a heart attack one day!So intense! GO CAPS!!!

Posted by: gratefuldid | November 29, 2009 1:21 AM | Report abuse

Hockey Night in Canada announcers made me die laughing this morning:

(As Backis begins his approach)

Announcer 1: "Can Price make a big save here and keep the game alive?"

Announcer 2: "No"(as Backis makes that sick move)

Posted by: trunkenmath | November 29, 2009 2:19 AM | Report abuse

@gratefuldid

Haha, my parents were visiting me and we were watching the game, and after it was over I said to my dad, "I'm going to have a heartattack by 30 because of these guys." Glad to see them pull this one out.

Posted by: Capcrazy77 | November 29, 2009 7:16 AM | Report abuse

The Caps got lucky winning on talent, not effort. This trend of smoking the compeitition early and then taking thier foot off the gas will kill these guys come the playoffs. Thank goodness that Gabby has that much time to work with these guys to straigten out this ugly trend. And yes, I am happy for the win and for Fehr learning to be a tough guy in the crease, cuz Capn Clark is done as an effective NHL gamer.

Posted by: JIMALLCAPS | November 29, 2009 8:24 AM | Report abuse

Was Lisa Hillary watching our game in an alternate universe? (That is, the alternate universe where the Caps did not pull off the last second comeback.)

Posted by: CapsFan75 | November 29, 2009 8:35 AM | Report abuse

Headed over to Carpool in Ballston to watch the game. Figured it would be the leftover college football crowd. Actually turned out to have a good Caps crowd. I had no idea until we tied it up in the 3rd and the place erupted.

Great 1st and part of the 3rd periods. Loss aside- Price did look pretty good last night.

Posted by: Fro_ | November 29, 2009 8:41 AM | Report abuse

Just a tremendous win for the Caps. They will get better as the campaign goes on. When they turn it on they are great. I think the on switch will get more and more to the hot point as time goes on. They can't go mach speed the whole season. They are in a good position point wise and Varly is unreal. The best is yet to come.

Posted by: ridgely1 | November 29, 2009 8:41 AM | Report abuse

@JIMALLCAPS

I hope they get things turned abour by playoff time. Otherwise, the 7th or 8th see of the conference will be drooling and have a great chance of advancing past Round 1.

Posted by: CapsFan75 | November 29, 2009 8:43 AM | Report abuse

@ridgely1

Yes, I know it's impossible to go mach speed all year. The team's is certainly in a great position points wise. Which is amazing considering they haven't gotten their act together yet.

May they turn it on big time in March, April, May, and June.

Posted by: CapsFan75 | November 29, 2009 8:46 AM | Report abuse

@Fro_

Then again, Ballston is deep in the heart of Caps territory. So close to Kettler. That's the night spot that several of the Caps players are known to frequent. (The one where all 4 of our Young Guns showed up after a Redskins game with 8 Redskin cheerleaders.)

No, I was not a witness.

Posted by: CapsFan75 | November 29, 2009 8:49 AM | Report abuse

Finally, we tie one up with the goalie pulled.

Varly was terrific tonight. I'm also very pleased to see that Alzner looked just great.

We beat them so bad in the 1st -- due to hard work and smart play -- we know (again) what not to do in the second. And we know we can't let up on the gas Monday night either. Lets Go Caps!

Posted by: Sonyask | November 29, 2009 8:51 AM | Report abuse

Did anyone stick around to hear how Lisa Hillary tried to tap dance around her error? Her partner made some stupid allusion to being so busy just before they went on the air and then she added that she was over in the corner (inferring that she didn't see the final score). Why not just apologize and tell everyone that you screwed up?

Posted by: MKadyman | November 29, 2009 8:53 AM | Report abuse

Yes, Lisa Hillary was funny.

Did anyone else get bothered that there was no coverage of the game last night in the print edition of the Post? There were 13 games in the NHL last night, but all but one were Too Late to make the paper?

Don't you think it might be worthwhile to let the paper know how ridiculous that is? I know they're cutting back, but please!

Posted by: Sonyask | November 29, 2009 9:18 AM | Report abuse

It is ridiculous that the Post cannot be bothered to include the game story. If it had been a Redskins game that ended before 10:00 pm I guarantee you that they would have held up the press run for that gamed.

Here is the email address of the Post ombudsman. His name is Mr. Alexander. He is pretty responsive to this kind of thing.

ombudsman@washpost.com,

Posted by: MKadyman | November 29, 2009 9:39 AM | Report abuse

@MKadyman -- thanks for the address. We should certainly write -- I will!

Posted by: Sonyask | November 29, 2009 9:43 AM | Report abuse

@JIMALLCAPS -- why in your opinion is Chris Clark done? I think if they would leave him on one line maybe he could develop some chemistry with his line mates. It appears to me that there is no lack of desire or hustle, he just hasn't been real lucky around the net.

Posted by: fatboy08 | November 29, 2009 10:15 AM | Report abuse

Agree Fatboy08 Chris Clark is all heart. He is not done.

Posted by: capsfan01 | November 29, 2009 10:26 AM | Report abuse

Tarik's article on last night's game was in my paper, delivered between 5 and 6 this morning.
Maybe an edition issue?

Posted by: bluejeener1 | November 29, 2009 11:12 AM | Report abuse

@bluejeener1:

The score was in my paper but not the story. I too got my paper this morning. Interesting -- but I am glad they had something in some editions. They had a Wizards story on the front page of the sports page but NOTHING on the Caps. The Caps are much more popular than the Wizards are but they still ignore us. Oh well, what can you do? I was thinking they didn't bother to send anyone to Montreal and covered the Wiz game since it was local. Or maybe they just don't care about this team and one of its most exciting wins in awhile.

Posted by: TheOtherGuyInSection117 | November 29, 2009 11:28 AM | Report abuse

The caps aren't that much more popular than the Wizards.

Posted by: amorris525 | November 29, 2009 11:47 AM | Report abuse

But they're that much better, and I've heard tell that everyone loves a winner.

Posted by: redlineblue | November 29, 2009 12:21 PM | Report abuse

@bluejeener1 -- glad to hear it made it in some editions.

My edition was delivered to my door in DC and it did not have the article.

Posted by: Sonyask | November 29, 2009 12:27 PM | Report abuse

The article was in my edition of the paper delivered in Virginia by 6:30 this morning. Very strange.

Posted by: Capsyoungguns | November 29, 2009 2:41 PM | Report abuse

Any chance Tarik or somebody could track down Nylander and find out what's going on? I'd imagine any negotiations he was having w/ KHL teams are off the table by now.

Posted by: Hatfield223 | November 29, 2009 2:54 PM | Report abuse

Dear Comcast,

Please stop blacking-out the NHL Network during Capitals games.

Posted by: RockRed | November 29, 2009 4:04 PM | Report abuse

I usually love HNIC, but that announcing team was about the worst I've ever heard. Okay, maybe second-worst, behind Doc Emrick, but still very lousy.

Regardless, I, too, screamed and jumped when Fehr scored the tying goal. This team is maddening at times and BB needs to get them more disciplined, but it's the most exciting brand of Caps hockey in a long time.

Posted by: paperboy76 | November 29, 2009 4:49 PM | Report abuse

Things to do when watching next Caps game:

1) Make sure all heart medication and blood pressure medication is kept up-to-date.

2) Make sure you have comfortable couch to sit on or chair

3) Make sure you have plenty of good beverages on hand.

4) Make sure all breakable items are well out of reach in case the blown leads and untimely penalties take place.

Posted by: CapsFan75 | November 29, 2009 6:04 PM | Report abuse

CapsFan75:
i've got #'s 2 and 3 covered. 1 & 4 don't bother me so much

Posted by: Capt_Kirk_in_AZ | November 29, 2009 6:14 PM | Report abuse

@Capt_Kirk_in_AZ

Fortunately, I don't need #1 but I have to cover that for our fans who have heart trouble.

#4 is for our fans with anger management problems

Posted by: CapsFan75 | November 29, 2009 6:25 PM | Report abuse

#4 is for our fans with anger management problems

i think that should be 'fans with player anger management problems'

Posted by: Capt_Kirk_in_AZ | November 29, 2009 6:33 PM | Report abuse

@Capt_Kirk_in_AZ

Or should we say 'fans with anger management problems about bad play'?

Posted by: CapsFan75 | November 29, 2009 7:06 PM | Report abuse

Add #5 -- do not be driving a car! As I was part of the time, on the Beltway, with a tour bus that tried to push me out of my lane.

Posted by: Steakum | November 29, 2009 8:08 PM | Report abuse

first of all... happy bday tarik! dont know if this is belated or what, but i hope you had a good one!

as for the lists i will add #6- suppress vocalizations if you are tracking the game via iphone in public, otherwise people will begin to believe you have tourette's or an emotional disorder...

ie me last night! thankfully my friends are tolerant of my tics :)

Posted by: mrszilla | November 29, 2009 8:27 PM | Report abuse

oh also... speaking of hearts...

A) clark is full of heart and i believe our team is better with him than without. we need some people who are older than me playing to keep the kids grounded :)

B) re: heart medications- being a caps fan might be a pre-existing condition

Posted by: mrszilla | November 29, 2009 8:29 PM | Report abuse

@mrszilla

Are you younger than Clark? I thought he was 32 years old. A young veteran, in spite of all his injuries. Knuble is 37 and I'm sure Morrison is close to him.

But you're right, someone needs to keep the kids grounded (as Fedorov did last year).

Posted by: CapsFan75 | November 29, 2009 8:37 PM | Report abuse

@mrszilla

There's a good reason Mrs. Green (Mike's mom) does not watch Caps' games live. Due to her heart problems. She'll watch highlights and what not after the fact

Posted by: CapsFan75 | November 29, 2009 8:43 PM | Report abuse

@mrszilla

Posted by: CapsFan75 | November 29, 2009 8:37 PM | Report abuse

that i am! you can tell when the kids are taking over too much on our team, thats when they all get too fancy. i think clark, along with bmo and knubes, help everyone stay focused.

btw- anyone else really miss knubes?? i think everyone has done a great job of stepping up during all these injuries but im excited for us to get the team back! (and somehow still keep 85! aka mighty mouse!)

Posted by: mrszilla | November 29, 2009 8:46 PM | Report abuse

I do miss Noobles. I thought he was a great addition to the team and needed presence on and off ice. We need him planted for those dirty goals. I think he's back for the Dec. 9 game.

Posted by: Steakum | November 29, 2009 9:02 PM | Report abuse

Add subsection A to no. 5--KEEP HANDS on STEERING WHEEL when any Caps player scores in the final seconds of play, regulation, overtime, or shootout.

We were also driving home but on the Baltimore Washington Pkwy--screaming with our hands in the air of course.

They are our beloved Cardiac Caps (no. 1 I believe). We don't have heart trouble but ask me again at the end of the season. That heart medication might come in handy.

Posted by: Capsyoungguns | November 29, 2009 9:02 PM | Report abuse

The absence of Knuble is really apparent. Even Flyers fans cannot stop talking about how they miss Knuble.

I think if any area has been hurt the most from injuries, it's our special teams. We miss Knuble's net presence and Laing's shot blocking. Missing Semin no doubt takes a cog out of the PP.

Posted by: richmondphil | November 29, 2009 9:04 PM | Report abuse

I miss Noobles too. He was my first favorite addition (capsfan75's birthday present if I remember correctly), but I have added BMo to that list. Both have melded into the chemistry of this team effortlessly.

Posted by: Capsyoungguns | November 29, 2009 9:04 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Capsyoungguns | November 29, 2009 9:04 PM | Report abuse

absolutely! it's really amazing to see how effortless that transition has been! sometimes you can see growing pains in some additions, or outright misfits but i think they knubes and bmo have great chemistry here.

Posted by: mrszilla | November 29, 2009 9:09 PM | Report abuse

"Washington -- Remember during the offseason when the Capitals learned forwards Viktor Kozlov and Sergei Fedorov would not return? There was talk they would be hard to replace. But the play of free-agent acquisitions Brendan Morrison and Mike Knuble have eased the concerns.

Sure, Morrison and Knuble are veterans, but we'll make an exception for these two since they are on a new team. After all, they've had to tweak their games to conform to the Capitals' system. Unfortunately for Knuble, who had 5 goals, 15 points and a plus-10 rating through 19 games, a broken finger will sideline him another month.

Morrison, meanwhile, has 9 points (4 goals) in his last 10 games and 19 points in 25 games. Don't forget, Morrison is coming off a season in which he finished with just 16 goals, so he's already halfway to that point with the Caps. His 0.76 points per game average are the most he has had since a career-best 71-point season in 2002-03.

"I didn't really know much about Brendan, personally, before he got here" Capitals forward Brooks Laich told NHL.com. "I just knew him from watching him as a fan of hockey. When he got here, the first thing I noticed was how good a skater he was. He's got a great stride and, other than that, he reads the play very well and moves the puck. He's a very easy guy to play with so, for us, it's been a seamless transition."

Runner-up -- Goalie Semyon Varlamov."

-from nhl.com

Posted by: richmondphil | November 29, 2009 9:13 PM | Report abuse

richmondphil- guess i should write for nhl.com ;)

Posted by: mrszilla | November 29, 2009 9:29 PM | Report abuse

Count me in too. I also miss Knuble -- wait what are we calling him? Noobles?

Anybody still thinks that Varly is not ready to be number one goalie or that we need a more technical goalie? The kid has blossomed. The goalie coach confirmed what I sensed, and that is that he worked very hard to improve. Well, I didn't know if he worked hard, but I could see a steel determination to work on weaknesses one by one. My only concern with Varly was that he got nervous and let in goals in bunches. I no longer see the nervousness. We are very lucky.

Do you think he will be in goal tomorrow?

Posted by: caraveli | November 29, 2009 10:16 PM | Report abuse

Hey I am with you on Varly. I am a believer. I got his jersey for me hot of the presses so to speak. But I am very glad he doesn't have the weight of the season on his shoulder's alone. That he shares it with Theo.

Posted by: Capsyoungguns | November 29, 2009 11:41 PM | Report abuse

I think I like calling him Knubes.

Posted by: Capsyoungguns | November 29, 2009 11:51 PM | Report abuse

I randomly switch between Knubes and Knubie

Posted by: superpaqman | November 30, 2009 2:34 AM | Report abuse

@Capsyoungguns:

Knubes or Knubie?
Hmm, the names remind me of corporal Nobbs("Nobby") of discworld ... ;-)

Posted by: FCKoeln1 | November 30, 2009 5:50 AM | Report abuse

One fan on Japers calls him Knuckles.

In the punnishment department:

Kit and Knuble
Uvil Knuble (except 'Uvil' is not a real word)

Posted by: CapsFan75 | November 30, 2009 6:29 AM | Report abuse

And let's not forget Ubi Wan Knubie

Posted by: CapsFan75 | November 30, 2009 6:30 AM | Report abuse

@CapsFan75
LOL -- I thought of that one before! I was thinking more of canoodling with K-Nooooobles (or, when he's gassed, Noodles). Ah! Nothing like terms of endearment for people we don't know (but, better than terms of derision).

Posted by: Steakum | November 30, 2009 7:27 AM | Report abuse

@CapsFan75

Posted by: Steakum | November 30, 2009 7:27 AM | Report abuse

hahahaha yea.. i love the nicknames and i agree, it is kind of funny because it does makes them all sound like they are our best friends!

i'm personally always a fan of just adding "ie" to the end of their names-
clarkie, brooksie......etc

do we have a nickname for 85 yet?? ive already started called him mighty mouse but im not sure if he would approve of that one :)

Posted by: mrszilla | November 30, 2009 7:42 AM | Report abuse

Ubi Wan Knubie is perfect but we're back to Knubie for short. I cannot even guess whose going to be in goal tonight--the kid on a streak or the solid vet whose ready to return. The tough choices of a coach eh!

Posted by: Capsyoungguns | November 30, 2009 7:53 AM | Report abuse

I also miss Poti on the PK. It's funny how the value of a player becomes so clearly evident when they're injured.

Posted by: Capsyoungguns | November 30, 2009 7:55 AM | Report abuse

@mrszilla
And that's what they typically do -- an "ie" or "s" -- as in Brads, Stecks, etc., hence Knubles or Noooobles (seemed more endearing to me). However, love Obi Wan Knubie!

Posted by: Steakum | November 30, 2009 8:03 AM | Report abuse

@mrszilla--I like 8.5 for 85 and mighty mouse but he deserves one on his own right. Maybe Perrsie. For flowing off of the tongue. Still thinking of Knubie--also like Knuckles. Sums up his punishment style perfectly while Obi Wan Knubie sums up leadership. Guess I'm back to Knubie or Knubes. This fun way to drink coffee in the morning.

Posted by: Capsyoungguns | November 30, 2009 8:10 AM | Report abuse

hahaha amen... i'm avoiding writing a paper so mulling over nicknames is helping in the procrastination!

i love knuckles and obi wan knubie... especially for signs at VC both of those could translate into interesting visuals :)

as for 85 it will probably end up being Matty or Perrie... or some combo of "ie" or "s" added... but he'd better find a funny one soon before mighty mouse sticks! all i know if when i was at VC watching him play i couldnt stop calling him that! he's a beast!

btw i love that the caps are doing stuff for bondra... gotta love him!

Posted by: mrszilla | November 30, 2009 8:23 AM | Report abuse

Neuvy had a 42-save shutout for the Bears last night:

More impressively, the Bears, ranked No. 1 in the AHL, went 7-for-7 on the penalty kill and held WBS scoreless during a 5-on-3 stretch that lasted 1:05.

They have killed off 43 straight opposition power plays and haven't allowed a power-play goal in 10 straight games.

"The boys are working pretty hard," Neuvirth said. "I think they've got a lot of confidence. Ten games straight is a big thing." Neuvirth (8-4-0), reminded that goaltending is a key PK component, jokingly added, "Plus the goalie. Goaltending is huge."

Posted by: tess2201 | November 30, 2009 8:24 AM | Report abuse

@mrszilla - Ovechkin calls him "Matty," so that's what I've been calling him. :-)

Posted by: irockthered | November 30, 2009 8:28 AM | Report abuse

the russian has spoken! matty it is!

Posted by: mrszilla | November 30, 2009 8:33 AM | Report abuse

In a convoluted way, I came up with Sparky for MP. His name made me think of Perrier, sparkling water, which led to Sparky. He gets things going. But, I can live with Matty (or Mattie?).

Posted by: Steakum | November 30, 2009 8:41 AM | Report abuse

you might be on to something steaks... he def is a spark plug for the team!

Posted by: mrszilla | November 30, 2009 8:50 AM | Report abuse

./~ Here I come to save the daaaaaay!!! ./~

Posted by: irockthered | November 30, 2009 8:54 AM | Report abuse

@mrszilla
Definitely. Knubie's first home game back should have a sign -- "The Jedi Knight is Back!"

Posted by: Steakum | November 30, 2009 9:13 AM | Report abuse

@tess2201 - Glad to see the Bears came back hard after Saturday night's mess. I was at the Saturday night game, and considered the team lucky to have gotten out of it with a point. They're a much better team than that!

Posted by: irockthered | November 30, 2009 9:29 AM | Report abuse

On a KHL note, it's good to see our old friend Сергей Федоров back and contributing! Sergei got himself a pair of assists in yesterday's 4-2 win over Torpedo. Metallurg is still in 3rd place in the league behind SKA and Salavat Yulaev (Kozlov's team), but they're only 3 points out of 1st.

Posted by: irockthered | November 30, 2009 9:33 AM | Report abuse

Too bad the Rangers/Pens isnt on Vs. tonight. I would actually somehow set up duel screens.

Posted by: SA-Town | November 30, 2009 9:44 AM | Report abuse

@irockthered
Yes, Metallurg hit a little bit of a slump but seems to be getting over it. I think they won their last two. Glad to see Feds playing well. I think Fedor is still out with the bum knee.

Posted by: tess2201 | November 30, 2009 10:15 AM | Report abuse

morning reading list please!

Posted by: Bagher | November 30, 2009 10:15 AM | Report abuse

I like Matty with the "y" for consistency. Off to the reading list then I must really get some work done.

Posted by: Capsyoungguns | November 30, 2009 10:46 AM | Report abuse

Dear Comcast,Please stop blacking-out the NHL Network during Capitals games.
Posted by: RockRed
--------
Was NHL Network airing the Caps game?
I've got DirecTV and sadly we no longer get VS Network (thanks to Comcast as I understand it). It's bad enough I miss out on the Caps' big matchups, but to take away my big-game hunting is the real soul sucker (not).

Posted by: Tom703 | November 30, 2009 1:44 PM | Report abuse