Caps beat Thrashers, 5-2

The Caps won their 13th straight game tonight, matching the longest streak in the NHL in nine years.

And, once again, they had their goaltender to thank for it.

Michal Neuvirth, who was called up from Hershey earlier today, made 43 saves, including all 22 shots he faced in the second period (just as the Caps seemed to hit a brick wall).

"He played fabulous," Coach Bruce Boudreau.

I haven't seen daylight since 3:30. But I hear it's snowing outside. So I'm going to hurry tonight.

Here's my gamer and an A1 story by Josh du Lac on Caps fans, and here are some notes and quotes from tonight's 5-4 win over the Ilya Kovalchuk-less Thrashers:

*Nicklas Backstrom missed the third period after leaving the game with a flu-like symptoms, according to Boudreau. He had already racked up a goal and an assist. Imagine if he had been feeling well.

I didn't see him after the game, but another reporter said Backstrom told him it was a "headache." Whatever it was, Backstrom, who has a history of migraines, is supposed to play Sunday against the Penguins, Boudreau said.

*Since we're talking about the Penguins, Boudreau had an interesting take on Sunday's showdown.

"I don't know, but I've got to believe that even if they say we're not a big rival of theirs, they want to beat us on Sunday in our building" he said.

*The Caps have been outshot seven times during the winning streak, including 45-32 tonight. Three times during the streak, they've given up 42 or more shots. But here's the kicker: they're 6-0-1 when giving up 40 or more shots this season. Explain that.

*Boudreau said he wasn't pleased with Alexander Semin's turnover that led to the Thrashers' second goal (which he inadvertently kicked into his own net). Boudreau was, however, pleased with Semin's effort as he attempted to track down Rich Peverley on the shorthanded breakaway.

"That was a bad give away at the blue line," Boudreau said. "You just don't do that. Michal made a great save, and to Semin's credit he knew he made a mistake and he worked really hard to get back."

Neuvirth said it was important for him to not allow the fluky goal to distract him.

"We couldn't believe what just happened," he said. "We just laughed at each other. I just tried to put it behind me and stay focused the rest of the game."

*Semin's own goal, in my opinion, wasn't even the weirdest goal of the night. Mike Green, in his return from suspension, lofted a backhander from deep in the Caps' own zone into an empty net.

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  February 5, 2010; 11:37 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Michal Neuvirth on his 43-save night
Next: D.C. snow creates travel issues for Penguins

Comments

BEAT THE PENS! GO SNOWVECHKIN! 30 INCHES OF SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Langway4Eva | February 5, 2010 11:41 PM | Report abuse

I am truly impressed with the quantity and quality of post-game material from the WAPO Caps team here on CI - and in a blizzard no less! Thanks y'all.

Posted by: ebolean1 | February 5, 2010 11:54 PM | Report abuse

can we please get rid of that stupid capstronaut... please he is a waste of space. We have super fans, we don't need this joke walking around Verizon Center. Please Please Please stop that stupid stupid outfit.

Posted by: capshockey9876 | February 5, 2010 11:59 PM | Report abuse

Who starts in goal on Sunday? A tough call.

Posted by: DKSW | February 6, 2010 12:01 AM | Report abuse

BB will probably start Theo but I'd give Neuvy a shot against the Pens

Posted by: joek443 | February 6, 2010 12:26 AM | Report abuse

@capshockey9876...I am with you 1000% the capstronaut was cute and funny for a week or two, but it's getting old. I don't need to see a guy in an astronaut costume everytime a big play is made or on CSN for that matter. I'm getting kind of sick of it. That guy is a poor representation of true caps fans - those who rock the red, and have pride in their team. A true caps fan is doesn't need to dress in costume and dance in the aisles...they just need to sit through a few years of a bruce cassidy coached hockey team.

Posted by: chrisclarksucks | February 6, 2010 12:27 AM | Report abuse

LUCKY 13!!! and still goin strong.even when it seems like there playing there worst hockey,they still find a way to kick it up a notch and find a way to win.thats the sign of a great,great team.wish i was there to experiance it and play in the snow with yall,but i'm stuck livin in fl,for now.GO CAPS!!! and whitewash those penguins!

Posted by: gratefuldid | February 6, 2010 12:32 AM | Report abuse

@kcbrichmond (from a previous thread)

My own feeling is that the 35th anniversary celebration was postponed due to the weather since they knew many of the fans would not be able to make it.

Rumor had it they still handed out posters.

Glad they postponed the celebration to a day where the weather is hopefully better.

Glad the Caps won, in spite of mistakes. Not a perfect game but an improvement over the one against the Rangers.

Posted by: CapsFan75 | February 6, 2010 12:33 AM | Report abuse

RE: in net Sunday. I agree. After anchoring so many wins during the streak thus far, it would be a real diss to JT for Boudreau to start the kid in the NBC game.

Posted by: DKSW | February 6, 2010 12:34 AM | Report abuse

Just thinking (wishful thinking) that if the Caps could have won that game against Tampa Bay Jan. 12th a good come back in that game but fell short they would be 17-0 with tonight's win and could break the Pens NHL record against the Pens on Sunday. Still a nice streak but just thinking. 14-0 will be GREAT!

Posted by: 1-20-09 | February 6, 2010 1:41 AM | Report abuse

capshockey9876 writes:

I get it.

Posted by: 1-20-09 | February 6, 2010 1:50 AM | Report abuse

I think it was a 5-2 win -- not 5-4. But 2 points either way, right?!

And I agree on the capstronaut...funny at first, but getting weirder (and not in a good way) with each passing game.

#14 tomorrow....Let's Go Caps!!

Posted by: bubblegirl1 | February 6, 2010 6:13 AM | Report abuse

The capstronaut is a waste of flesh. John Glenn is rolling over in his grave and he isn't even dead yet.

Posted by: Randy_Hawkins | February 6, 2010 7:17 AM | Report abuse

The people who like the Capstronaut are people who play Dungeons and Dragons in their mommy's basement or play Quidditch in their backyard. Pathetic.

Posted by: Randy_Hawkins | February 6, 2010 7:20 AM | Report abuse

Capstronaut needs to go to mascot school. He's got no moves, no style, he doesn't look confident...I'd send him down to the minors...ok juniors...and let him work on his game. He gives up too many juicy rebounds.

Sunday, High Noon...Did they put the Caps up at a good hotel btw?

Posted by: terlin1 | February 6, 2010 7:38 AM | Report abuse

I wouldn't mind giving Neuvy a shot at the Pens. He was amazing last night. Ever since the game where he got pulled, his SV % is .961

The thing that bothers me about the Capstronaut is that he's getting all this attention just because he's wearing that suit. Maybe all of us should wear that and we'll be up in the suites with Ted Leonsis and featured on comcast sportsnet and NBC 4.

Posted by: rachel216 | February 6, 2010 8:03 AM | Report abuse

Hey, you try to play Quidditch in this weather ;-)

Posted by: JIMALLCAPS1 | February 6, 2010 8:14 AM | Report abuse

I love that OV now leads points, goals, and +/-. All that and the win streak that coincided with his taking the C and he has to have the MVP again.

Posted by: JIMALLCAPS1 | February 6, 2010 8:18 AM | Report abuse

I agree Capstronaut's 15 minutes of fame are up. Please take off on your spacemission now. When asked on the CSN piece last night about what would be the pinnacle of his career as Capstronaut, he said a Capstronaut bobblehead night before checking himself and saying watching the Caps lift the Stanley Cup. What does that say about him.

Posted by: NovaCath1 | February 6, 2010 8:56 AM | Report abuse

I'd hate to be the sucker who gets the seat behind the "Capstronaut". It reminds me of a time last season when I managed to snag 3 tickets in the 2nd row behind the glass for me and my boys. We got there early so my little guys wouldn't miss anything. Then the Guiness Book of Records largest guy in the mid-atlantic region takes his seat in front of us. I mean this guy was HUGE. My boys couldn't see a thing. They wanted to move back up to our normal perch in the rafters of Verizon Center just so they could see! Funny now, not so much then. Go Caps crush Guins!

Posted by: kcbrichmond | February 6, 2010 9:02 AM | Report abuse

Perhaps we can stop the Post magazine from running one of those long cover pieces about the enigmatic Capstronaut that tells us he is any everyman that the fans have rallied around. Please no.

Vote for Theodore in Goal tomorrow. His rebounds are less tasty.

Posted by: terlin1 | February 6, 2010 9:25 AM | Report abuse

fyi- the caps need a combination of 12 wins and losses by Tampa and Florida to clinch SE. The conference title is a 20 win/loss swing with the NJD.

They could wrap up southest in the first week back from the olympic break and the conference with a month left in the season. Unbelievable!!!!!!

Posted by: cadlecreek1 | February 6, 2010 9:36 AM | Report abuse

and unlike all of us, the Capstronaut has watched a game with Ted Leonsis, in Ted's box.

Washington fans do complain a lot. Just be a fan, no need to knock anybody else. It's like you're almost booing Santa Clause.

Posted by: mattbuckley801 | February 6, 2010 9:37 AM | Report abuse

Really? Things are going so good that all we can find to kvetch about is the Capstronaut? I swear you people aren't happy unless you have something to complain about.

Posted by: kittypawz | February 6, 2010 9:39 AM | Report abuse

Not gonna getting angry over it, I just find it extremely annoying. I really couldn't care less though, that's why I changed the channel when CSN was about to do their feature on him. Plus, why is he so interesting that CSN feels they need to feature him? He's not that fascinating to me. I thought he didn't want to show his face anyway.

Posted by: rachel216 | February 6, 2010 9:50 AM | Report abuse

But let's get off this topic. Capstronaut isn't worth arguing about. ;)

Posted by: rachel216 | February 6, 2010 9:55 AM | Report abuse

well the Bullets had Robin Ficker and now the Caps have the Capstronaut... don't know which one is better

Posted by: joek443 | February 6, 2010 9:56 AM | Report abuse

maybe it's Ficker disguised the Capstronaut :)

Posted by: joek443 | February 6, 2010 9:57 AM | Report abuse

FYI
Bears game originally scheduled for Sat night has been re-scheduled for Sunday at 1:00

Posted by: tess2201 | February 6, 2010 9:58 AM | Report abuse

Lose the Capstronaut.

And while we're at it, lose that dumb "it's all your fault" chant too.

Posted by: GAU8A | February 6, 2010 9:59 AM | Report abuse

Wow - it shows you that things are really good in Capsland when we're arguing about the Capstronaut, and not whether we need a big defenseman at the trade deadline, or a new goalie! This team is just too much fun!

I've been a fan and STH for over 20 years and finally my patience has been rewarded!

Posted by: DevilsCapsGal | February 6, 2010 10:02 AM | Report abuse

I actually like the "it's all your fault" chant. I also like the "who cares?" after Wes Johnson announces who scored for the opposing team. I just can't stand the "O" during the National Athem. It's such a Baltimore thing. I wish the fans would stop that.

Posted by: rachel216 | February 6, 2010 10:06 AM | Report abuse

May tomorrow (or Monday) or whenever we play the Penguins will be a Flash number of wins -- 14.

Song to play: Jumping Jack Flash

Posted by: CapsFan75 | February 6, 2010 10:07 AM | Report abuse

most people in baltimore hate everything about washington, don't know why they do that O thing during the anthem... really annoying

Posted by: joek443 | February 6, 2010 10:14 AM | Report abuse

@tess2201

So Semyon makes his rehab start on Sunday instead of Saturday.

It's fitting that the Baby Pens play Hershey when the "real" Pens play the Caps. It's also a bit of role reversal from last year's playoffs. Varly starting with Hershey while Neuvy is up with the Caps. (Except that Theo will probably start.)

Posted by: CapsFan75 | February 6, 2010 10:16 AM | Report abuse

Hmm, I think it will be a very intense game:

... the Pens will try to stop the series and they will try to take revenge on the home loss ...

.. I hope the refs will be ready for any kind of cheap stuff like cross checking our goalie ...

... and our guys taking advantage of the penalty opportunities ...

Posted by: FCKoeln1 | February 6, 2010 10:16 AM | Report abuse

Has there been any update on how the Pens are going to get here? One possibility was a flight to LaGuardia and the Amtrak into DC. I believe they are in Montreal tonight.

Posted by: TimDz | February 6, 2010 10:20 AM | Report abuse

I read in several places that the Pens might be allowed to land at Andrews AFB! That's ridiculous - will they also get a presidential motorcade into DC?

Posted by: DevilsCapsGal | February 6, 2010 10:25 AM | Report abuse

Are we going to turn this into a ice quality discussion, that should be awesome.

Maybe we can talk about Chris Clark's groin for old times sake.

Pothier's thumb.

Posted by: JSchon | February 6, 2010 10:27 AM | Report abuse

I've never been in the owners box. I should have bought a costume instead of 25 years of season tickets. What was I thinking. Enough of that tool already, it's an embarrassment.
I believe Stretch could get a "W" the way our team D has been. Gordo is playing great, glad he's healthy.

Posted by: biggamehuntr32 | February 6, 2010 10:29 AM | Report abuse

"But here's the kicker: they're 6-0-1 when giving up 40 or more shots this season. Explain that."

There have been several occasions where WE shelled a team for 40+ shots and we lost (pretty sure Niittymaki and philly did it to us twice last season).

I think it does make sense: a poor puck control game (probably b/c of vicious forechecking) + poor shot selection (quick point shots right upon taking the offensive zone) = every possession wasted on low quality shots. And even when we've been totally outclassed, we gain the zone 60 times.

Sometimes when we are not at our best, rather than a fast offensive team with good playmaking vision, we are just a fast team, and our version of the dump is to quickly take that point shot.

And we lose when we do that.

I think we are good enough right now that we make our opponents play that same losing game. Neuvy stopped a lot of point shots last night.

Posted by: large23220 | February 6, 2010 10:30 AM | Report abuse

Poor Clarkie, his only crime was wearing Ovie's "C"

Posted by: biggamehuntr32 | February 6, 2010 10:32 AM | Report abuse

Uh, perhaps the Capstronaut could fly the Penguins in?

Posted by: kcbrichmond | February 6, 2010 10:35 AM | Report abuse

What a great time to be a Caps fan. They figure out how to win in all types of situations with teams gunning for them. The streak will end as all streaks do but I am enjoying the run. And my it continue tomorrow against the Pens. Whatever happens I expect the Pens trolls will be here in droves. They like to say there is no rivalry yet the desire for trash talk overwhelms those types of fans.

I am lovin' our top line. Ovi or Backs on any other team would be a GM's dream but having them paired makes both of them even better. They are the dynamic duo. Add in the gritty net presence of Knubes and we have IMHO the best top line in the league.

I love how Backs is scoring his own goals--when he has the better shot then he now takes it--and how Ovi loves to pass to him as much as he loves to shoot. I love too how Knubes is there in the blue paint to pick off their beautiful garbage.

And I haven't even begun to talk about the rest of our incredible team. I'm lovin' everyone of them.

Posted by: Capsyoungguns | February 6, 2010 10:37 AM | Report abuse

So sad about Brendan Burke. Condolences to the Burke family.

I doubt there'll be a Caps/Pens game on Sunday due to the blizzard. I find it humorous that the Pens don't consider the Caps a "rival" (if BB is right about that.) Is that just psychological manipulation or what?

Posted by: dccitizen1 | February 6, 2010 10:37 AM | Report abuse

OK, I can't believe I am admitting this, but I LIKE the Capstronaut. I think it is funny seeing something unexpected like that. I know he has been doing it awhile and it is growing old for some people -- but not for me.

Just my humble opinion...

is the guy associoated with the Rocket Bar anyway? Maybe it started as some sort of promotional thing...I could be wrong on that though...

Posted by: TheOtherGuyInSection117 | February 6, 2010 10:38 AM | Report abuse

as far as I'm concerned there is no such thing as poor shot selection in hockey - they should all shoot at every opportunity and just crash the net.

Posted by: joek443 | February 6, 2010 10:40 AM | Report abuse

Sounds like three quarters of the arena do the "O" thing. So you're proposing a building only a quarter full? It will be easier to get a ticket, but not as much fun to attend a game.

Posted by: biggamehuntr32 | February 6, 2010 10:41 AM | Report abuse

ahahhahahaha -- Capstronaut fly in the Pens, hehehehehehe

I wonder if Crysbaby is taking some diving lessons from Greg Louganis (sp?) to get ready for the Caps?

Posted by: JIMALLCAPS1 | February 6, 2010 10:41 AM | Report abuse

I should've been dressing up as a big heart for all the years the Caps broke mine in the playoffs. Little did I know it would have gotten me untold publicity and a seat in the big guy's box...
Anyway, back to hockey. Other than Neidermayer who do you think are other available defenseman who could provide what we need? I just don't want to see any deal that destroys the great chemistry of this team! Draft picks or prospects okay.

Posted by: kcbrichmond | February 6, 2010 10:47 AM | Report abuse

This should be an easy win tomorrow since the pens plays tonight vs the Habs and then travel to snow fill Washington. They should be tired and if we don't win then...ummm

Posted by: scropion | February 6, 2010 10:49 AM | Report abuse

Although this game was clearly NOT their best defensive game, I still thought our guys did a good job of pressuring them and forcing them to shoot from the perimeter and kept them out of the crease. And did a good job of not screening Neuvi. I thought the Rangers had more quality shots than the Thrashers did despite the shot disparity. IMHO of course.

I do expect them to improve their discipline against the Pens and not play as sloppily--the Pens are a much better team and hungry for payback. In a perfect world the Caps would have a systems tune-up practice today, but then again I'm sure the Pens will be tired from the exhausting weather travel. This game should be interesting on a lot of levels.

Posted by: Capsyoungguns | February 6, 2010 10:49 AM | Report abuse

OK watch Big Waah vs MVP and tell me there's no rivalry. Let's just hope the PP'S aren't the usual 3-1 in armpitts favor. Oh, NBC nevermind, it'll be 4-1 them.

Posted by: biggamehuntr32 | February 6, 2010 10:49 AM | Report abuse

if you want Niedermayer, don't think draft picks alone would get the deal done.

also the ducks aren't really outta the playooff picture yet so he may not be available.

Posted by: joek443 | February 6, 2010 10:50 AM | Report abuse

We could trade a 6th rounder for this big, hard hitting, thunderous shot guy named Jurcina. I hear he's available. He mostly stinks, but comes up big in the playoffs.

Posted by: biggamehuntr32 | February 6, 2010 10:57 AM | Report abuse

this blog is great!!! It's full of haters!!! Everyone has to hate on the Capstronaut. I kind of like him. I like when our fans come to games in costume.

and if people aren't hating on this blog the are trying to one up each other with their Caps/hockey knowledge. It's more of a competition than a friendly discussion.

Now.... Go ahead and hate on me and point out any errors. ;-)

PS- My daddy can beat up your daddy!! LOLOL!!!!

Posted by: griz0615 | February 6, 2010 10:58 AM | Report abuse

@joe443

You are channeling BB--just shoot the puck, crash the net, grab the rebound, and shoot again.

@dccitizen1

I think perhaps reverse psychological manipulation on BB's part. But then again he usually thinks any opposing team poses a threat--part of his motivating meme I think.

But in Pens' post game interviews the coach and team members are usually very grudging in their recognition of good play by another team, especially the Caps, and usually avoid mentioning players especially Ovi by name. Their meme is arrogance and this is before winning the Cup.

Having said that I thought in the interviews before and after the last game both Crosby and Ovi had many good things to say about each other. I always believed (and their interviews only supported my belief) that there is much more of a feeling of mutual respect than actual dislike.

Posted by: Capsyoungguns | February 6, 2010 11:06 AM | Report abuse

@biggamehuntr32

Ovi wasn't ready to be Captain at the tender age of 21. Hence, Clark was appointed as captain. It was unfortunate he had all those injuries that rendered him ineffective.

But now Ovi is ready.

BTW, methinks that Crosby was appointed Captain at too young an age. There is a minimum gravitas that is needed and, let's face it, you just don't have it at age 20 or 21. (Okay, I know that Crosby is now 22.)

Posted by: CapsFan75 | February 6, 2010 11:06 AM | Report abuse

I told the Capstronaut he needed to take it up a notch; suggested a Red Capstronaut suit. Now that would be Moon-rocking the Red!

Posted by: forbespd | February 6, 2010 11:07 AM | Report abuse

Capsfan75
You've missed the point. This year he was ready, hence bye bye Clarkie. No Clark bash here, heck he gave heart, soul, and a number of body parts for this team. A great captain, but they've been waiting for Ovy to be ready. It appears he is.

Posted by: biggamehuntr32 | February 6, 2010 11:13 AM | Report abuse

griz0615
my daddy is Matt Bradley, so you're probably right.

Posted by: biggamehuntr32 | February 6, 2010 11:20 AM | Report abuse

JSchon: Speaking of ice quality, I never noticed until now (wasn't looking that far ahead) that tomorrow's game is last home game for a month.

So, by the time another game is played on new Verizon ice, the college BB season will be over (unless there's NCAA tournament? hope not). Anyway, when it's just Caps sharing with Wizards, ice is usually up to "average."

Posted by: tominfl1 | February 6, 2010 11:22 AM | Report abuse

@JIMALLCAPS1

There really is a species of Penguin, the little fairy penguin, whose scientific name, Eudyptula minor, translates to "good little diver".

Posted by: CapsFan75 | February 6, 2010 11:42 AM | Report abuse

@ CapsFan75 -- nice one

Posted by: JIMALLCAPS1 | February 6, 2010 11:48 AM | Report abuse

@biggamehuntr32

No, I didn't totally miss the point. If Clark had still been effective, the chances are better that he'd still be around and still Captain. And Ovi would still be alternate. But I do know that the long term plan was for Ovi to become Captain, whether sooner or later.

Posted by: CapsFan75 | February 6, 2010 11:48 AM | Report abuse

I was glad to see Neuvy finally get some love last night as the number 1 star. He has been great many times this year without getting a star. That said, Theo has to be in goal against the 'guins tomorrow.

Posted by: ccCapsfan | February 6, 2010 11:53 AM | Report abuse

Wiz-bullets game cancelled for tonight. So, maybe they will set the ice up early. But, that also assumes a game for tomorrow, which I'm not certain of.

Posted by: oldtimehockey | February 6, 2010 12:07 PM | Report abuse

Everybody relax. Just joking about the Capstronaut, no hate intended! People can dress any way they want.
I'm gonna miss tomorrows game because of work....can't believe it (and no DVR). Go Caps!

Posted by: kcbrichmond | February 6, 2010 12:09 PM | Report abuse

Georgetown is playing Villanova now - I guess that means they got folks to work at the VC. I assume the only variable for tomorrow's game is whether the Pens can get to DC. Anyone know whether the Thrashers were able to leave? They have a home game against the Panthers tonight.

Posted by: DevilsCapsGal | February 6, 2010 12:16 PM | Report abuse

They've got to find a way to have the game tomorrow. Super Bowl Sunday, network TV, Ovi vs. Cindy, Washington actually looking like winter, Caps win streak, etc. It would be too great an opportunity for the NHL to let it slip away.

Posted by: zmega | February 6, 2010 12:16 PM | Report abuse

Prediction: Neuvirth will be the Caps Marty Brodeur. 10 years from now when they win their 3rd or 4th Cup, he will still be in goal.

Posted by: ccCapsfan | February 6, 2010 12:30 PM | Report abuse

The Pens are planning to fly as "close as possible" to Washington and then bus it in for the game.

Question is: what airport is close as possible and a viable option.

Philadelphia is 3-4 hours away and they're also being hammered by the storm big time.

Pittsburgh is 5 hours away and already got hammered.

Richmond is 2-3 hours away. I don't know if they got less snow than we got here or not.

In any case, the Pens game will be done at about 5:00 pm. They get to airport at about 6:00 and it's about a 3 hour flight so it's 9:00 when they get to the designated airport.

Posted by: CapsFan75 | February 6, 2010 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Yes, the flight is the only thing that lends a question mark to tomorrow's game. The NHL, NBC, Ted, and I all want to be there.

So I'm wishing the Pens all the success in the world getting here, then having your luck run out thereafter.

Posted by: Sonyask | February 6, 2010 12:41 PM | Report abuse

Excellent outcomes in the Pens-Habs game. I am surprised everyone is not elated by it and the topic is the Capstronaut. Only bad thing: Johnie was in goal and Fleury will be back tomorrow.

I have to admit I kind of like the Capstronaut also. If any of us was willing to put up with a big, heavy costume game after game, and not say a word when given the chance to watch a game with Ted Leonsis, then this person would deserve to be at the owner's box as well.

I am also betting (I think someone else did) that Neuvy will be in goal. Not sure but, in spite of his two meltdowns, he has been more consistent than Theo overall. I know that Theo has played well but can't help waiting for the other shoe to drop when he is in goal. His track record of inconsistency and mediocrity with this team is so much longer than his one month of stardom. I don't know if I can trust him. Am I the only one who feels so?

Posted by: caraveli | February 6, 2010 5:25 PM | Report abuse