Caps' lines stay the same

Unless Coach Bruce Boudreau's got something up his sleeve - and there's always reason to suspect some gamesmanship this time of year - the lines tonight will look like this (based on the morning skate):

Jose Theodore, as expected, came off first and looked fine while taking shots, despite suffering a "stinger" on his left knee in practice yesterday.

Forwards
Ovechkin-Backstrom-Knuble
Laich-Fleischmann-Semin
Chimera-Belanger-Fehr
Bradley-Steckel-Gordon

Walker-Morrison-Laing (they are currently getting extra work)

Defense
Schultz-Green
Morrisonn-Corvo
Poti-Carlson

Erskine-Sloan (they are also getting extra skating in)

Goalies
Theodore
Varlamov

I'll have more soon, and you don't want to miss it. Coach Bruce Boudreau snapped at the media this morning, dropping an S-bomb during a classic 35-second rant.

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  April 15, 2010; 10:18 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Video: Gretzky talks Caps playoffs
Next: Ovechkin on motivation, Game 1

Comments

Haha, BB said the S word?! Earmuffs.

Someone is definitely fired up.

8 hours 25 min till faceoff!

Posted by: SuperZ3383 | April 15, 2010 10:42 AM | Report abuse

gotta luv BB! Think he's feeling the pressure right now!

Posted by: capscoach | April 15, 2010 10:47 AM | Report abuse

I think BMo will get in after BB has made him thoroughly hungry. I say Gordo or Brads will be the odd man out when Bmo comes in...I have not been overly impressed with Belange.

Posted by: capscoach | April 15, 2010 10:50 AM | Report abuse

If the caps dont win tonight Im gonna S-Bomb in my pants.

Posted by: SA-Town | April 15, 2010 11:00 AM | Report abuse

@SA-Town - a little graphic... but understandable.

Posted by: capscoach | April 15, 2010 11:02 AM | Report abuse

Carlson must be so excited to play in his first NHL playoff game. He has been great. I can't wait.

Posted by: LloydChristmas | April 15, 2010 11:05 AM | Report abuse

I would really like to seel Carlson move up ahead of Corvo. 77 still ooks flat footed most of the time and is easily drawn out of position.

Posted by: capscoach | April 15, 2010 11:08 AM | Report abuse

I'm not crazy about Gordo on the 4th line instead of Walker (a true PROVEN playoff warrior). Plus, Gordon's back seems to go out at a moment's notice.

Posted by: chombie13 | April 15, 2010 11:09 AM | Report abuse

If I'm not mistaken the forward lineup is almost identical to the streak lineup of forwards--just Belanger instead of BMo. Perhaps Bruce is stoking the fire to rekindle the line chemistry of the streak.

GO CAPS!

Posted by: Capsyoungguns | April 15, 2010 11:12 AM | Report abuse

@ Chombie13

Walker has only played 8 more playoff games than Gordon.

Posted by: carcats89 | April 15, 2010 11:36 AM | Report abuse

I'm glad Boyd is playing tonight. He was great vs. Atlanta and Boston last week. Agreed Corvo has been terriblleeee, he's -4 in 18 games with Caps. The only other negative player on roster? Sloan. Shocker.

Posted by: Witter | April 15, 2010 12:49 PM | Report abuse

I think they are saving Walker for the Flyers series, which will be next after they beat the Devils.

Posted by: oldtimehockey | April 15, 2010 2:34 PM | Report abuse

Too bad Walker's not in there but I guess they want Gordon in the game for faceoffs, which makes sense. A bit surprised Fleichmann is going to be at center. It's a dangerous offensive line but faceoffs in their own end could be an issue. Biggest risk is still Corvo.

Posted by: Stu_c | April 15, 2010 3:31 PM | Report abuse

B Morrison is sitting because the Caps can afford to play Fleischmann at center in home games. At home he can put him out there against less than dominating faceoff guys and match him against favorable lines. On the road, I seriously doubt we see this lineup.

Posted by: ouvan59 | April 15, 2010 4:35 PM | Report abuse