Caps Lose in Shootout to Bruins, 5-4

The Caps wrapped up their best preseason since 1999 with a 5-4 shootout loss to the Bruins in Verizon Center that dropped them to 5-1-1. This was arguably Washington's most inconsistent game of the preseason, and coach Bruce Boudreau said Boston outworked the Caps.

Chris Clark, Alex Ovechkin, Mike Green and Chris Bourque all scored even strength goals and 10 different players got on the scoresheet. Ovechkin finished the exhibition season with a team high eight points (5G, 3A). Clark and Bourque's tallies were each player's third of the preseason.

"We were horrible," Boudreau said. Boston "came determined. They were very determined tonight they had lost three in a row. ...They came out played their system to a T and outworked us. That's where I think we've got to change and not get outworked."

Some thoughts and observations from this preseason finale:

*The Caps entered the game with the best goals against average in the league at 1.83 (Detroit was second best with a 1.84 GAA and was the only other team under 2.00). But starter Jose Theodore has had the roughest go of all the Washington netminders.

Theodore has allowed nine goals in 185 minutes on 84 shots this preseason, which make for a 3.00 goals against average and 89.2 save percentage. There were times where it seemed like Theodore and the Caps' defense weren't on the same page and Boudreau agreed saying that they all need time to adjust to each other.

"I think those things take a long time. You could tell there was a communication problem when he had the puck...[The defense] didn't know what he was going to do with the puck. So it's something we'll have to work on."

Boudreau's general assessment of Theodore: "He made spectacular saves and then let soft ones in," he said. "It's like everything else. The team was inconsistent tonight and so was he. He has great athleticism and they had 44 shots. He had some great saves in that -- hopefully we won't allow 40-plus shots too many times."

After making a save on Phil Kessel with 18 seconds remaining in overtime, Theodore struggled in the shootout. Rather than confronting shooters, he slid backward into his net on both Kessel and Patrice Bergeron's shootout goals.

*In the third period, Ovechkin winced as he took a wicked Bergeron slapshot off his foot while on the penalty kill. He's going to be fine but that will probably end the Ovechkin PK experiment. "'There goes his penalty killing,'" Boudreau said he told himself. "Because I didn't want that to happen any more."

*Milan Jurcina played to his physical potential against the Bruins especially early in the game, finished with a plus-3 rating and tied for second on the team with three hits. He also took a rare shot in the first period - Jurcina had 58 total shots in 75 games last season -- that squirted past Boston goaltender Manny Fernandez allowing Clark to knock home the rebound for the Caps first goal of the night.

"It's the way he's got to play," Boudreau said. "He's 6-4, 240 he's a big strong guy when he plays big and strong he's very effective. When he plays smaller he's not effective. With the language problem, sometimes last year it was a little bit difficult, but there should be no problem in knowing exactly how we want him to play. When he plays the way he played tonight."

*Bourque continued his strong preseason with a tip of Karl Alzner's shot from the point in the fourth period to tie the game at 4-4. The assist was Alzner's second of the game, which marked his first two professional points. But despite the success the two rookies have had this exhibition season it's still unclear where they'll start the regular season.

*Clark leveled Bruins left wing Milan Lucic in the first period and broke Lucic's stick. As you probably remember, Lucic was who put the crushing hit on Brian Pothier last January that has kept him out of the Caps' lineup since.

By Katie Carrera  |  October 5, 2008; 8:53 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Boudreau Pregame
Next: Kozlov Skates

Comments

reminder it is only preseason...

Posted by: Chad | October 5, 2008 8:58 PM | Report abuse

Well we are back from the game and I guess the best thing I can say is if it had been You-Eh (7 goals on 15 shots) the Bruins would have scored 21. Frankly, other than that, I can't think of much positive to say about JT's performance tonight. It seems a lot of players have stepped up with the notable exception of JT!

On a more positive note that play Alzner/Borque made was great! Alzner was very impressive tonight, if the two of them are sent to Hershey, watch out!

If that was typical of JT on shootouts, out guys need to spend the next week practicing penalty shots, but I would suggest shooting them at BJ or else they will get a false sense of security when EVERYTHING goes in the net.

Posted by: Bob | October 5, 2008 9:00 PM | Report abuse

JT may have looked shaky out there, but it is unacceptable to allow 44 shots against. Period.

Posted by: Jill | October 5, 2008 9:02 PM | Report abuse

So the goalie has a bad night, and we still get a point against a playoff team from last year? I'll take it.

Posted by: Shadowplay | October 5, 2008 9:02 PM | Report abuse

I agree there is no reason why there should have been 44 shots on goal....but I just want to say again that it still makes me feel better to hear the coach call out players and speak honestly when the team plays like poop out there! And I agree with BB's assessment of Jurcina, he was a beast out there tonight, that is the Jurcina I love and I hope he sticks around!

Posted by: Puddin_An_Semin | October 5, 2008 9:04 PM | Report abuse

We don't get a point -- it's pre-season. And the Caps were a playoff team last year.

Good is not good enough.

Posted by: Jill | October 5, 2008 9:05 PM | Report abuse

By the way I see we've solved the problem of Borque being too small. The Caps have JT listed at 5'11", cool, if he is 5'11" I'm 6'6" and Borque is 6'1"! JT is seriously short, my wife is a good 2 inches taller (she was standing next to him at 6 Flags)and she can get to 5'11" but not in flat shoes. Perhaps when he played for Colorado he wore cowboy boots, cause he'd need those heels to get close.

Posted by: Bob | October 5, 2008 9:14 PM | Report abuse

4 goals on 44 shots isn't bad. That's a better then .900 save percentage.

Posted by: Tyler | October 5, 2008 9:15 PM | Report abuse

Sorry, but any way you slice it JT has sucked so far, 3 GA 89 Save% sucks, he has to play better.

Posted by: Bob | October 5, 2008 9:16 PM | Report abuse

(from the previous)

What's the matter with The Beaver? I gotta say, Jose was very hot and cold. I'm not feelin' the love ... yet. At least he was tested tonight. Sometimes he was out of position, gave up juicy rebounds or let in softies. Other times he made monster saves. Hopefully he'll get it together and play consistently in the regular season, otherwise we will be seeing a lot of Johnny.

Anyway, great 3rd period! And I am diggin' Bourque. He may be little but he is fast, plays hard and hits. I hope we see more of him.

Posted by: Boo! | October 5, 2008 9:17 PM | Report abuse

Frankly, after watching just the 3rd, I thought Theodore looked fine, considering we gave up power play after power play. He had a knack for making spectacular saves, but let in a tough rebound and an unfortunate screen. I think he looks fine, and he's got one hell of a glove hand.

Posted by: Whiter Mage | October 5, 2008 9:17 PM | Report abuse

I know it's only preseason...but JT looked WAAAY outta position tonight. He made some great saves (the one on Kessel was because he was sooo far outta the crease to the left) but also let some softies in. 44 shots is unacceptable but he needs to be more solid.

Posted by: Robb | October 5, 2008 9:18 PM | Report abuse

Jose may have had to face 44 shots, but he let a couple in really early in the game when SOG were low. It was just not pretty.

I forgot to mention - I think that is the best that I have seen Alzner play. He is definitely promising.

Can't wait to go back to the VC on Saturday - should be a great game!

Posted by: Boo! | October 5, 2008 9:19 PM | Report abuse

Could not agree more with you Boo and with the coach, JT made some great saves and then let in some real soft goals. Early on he should have been better and a couple of the goals were due to bad rebound control. Some of those 44 shots came because he bounced the puck right back to the Bruins when they shot.

Posted by: Bob | October 5, 2008 9:29 PM | Report abuse

Tarik.......can we get an update of Pothier. Have not seen or heard much since the beginging of camp.

Posted by: Rich C | October 5, 2008 9:34 PM | Report abuse

Pothier, Brash, Lainge, Kozlov were all in a suite tonight watching the game.

Posted by: Bob | October 5, 2008 9:37 PM | Report abuse

Let the Theodore handwringing...BEGIN!!!

Posted by: Section 117 | October 5, 2008 9:47 PM | Report abuse

Glad to see Bourque do well, that the Juice is loose (not OJ, that'd be a felony), and Clark crushed Lulic for that hit on Pothier (and scored a goal). It's also nice to see Green and OV with more goals. Not so great on the defensive side -- 44 shots, not good.

On another note, the vaunted TBL had only 1 goal and 17 shots against the NYR. Last year the knock on the Rangers was their fairly weak dee. I see the incredibly inept TBL defense capsizing that team's ability to win many games.

Posted by: JIM | October 5, 2008 9:49 PM | Report abuse

> Jose was 6-1 last year in the SO, and 2-0 the year before.

I've read that his career trend is one year up, next year down in performance. This year is supposed to be down.... for what it's worth... hopefully new team and surroundings will change the trend...

Posted by: Dave King | October 5, 2008 9:58 PM | Report abuse

If that makes 2-0 a down year, then maybe we'll be okay. Seriously, for only the, what, 3rd, 4th full game he's played for us and we still managed to go to a shootout, I'm not going to give up on him yet. Sure, they've been practicing together for a while, but nobody can tell me that practice and real games are the same roll of tape. The guys know Johnny, so it stands to reason they'd be more comfortable with him and play better for him. Overall, the team looked pretty bad in general, lets not run Jose out of town yet. That was almost like watching the Chicago game from last year. (Okay, not that bad, but still) It will get better.

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | October 5, 2008 10:40 PM | Report abuse

JMU:
I have never bought into professional NHLers "playing better" for one keeper vs. another. They all want to win - I just can't imagine that they play harder "for" any single guy on the ice. Now, they might be inspired by certain players (for example, when Laing starting dropping in front of pucks and played with all his heart and soul, it seemed to motivate some of the guys to play that much harder and do things that they didn't usually do), but I don't think they played "for" anyONE (other than maybe themselves or Gabby). I think they are out the for the team and the W. Just my two cents. (I'll get off my soapbox now ... ;-))

Posted by: Boo! | October 5, 2008 11:08 PM | Report abuse

TRADE THEODORE TO RUSSIA FOR EMERY GM SHOULD HAVE KNOW THAT JOSE SCHEDULED THIS TO BE A DOWN YEAR THE SKY IS FALLING AAHHHH

Posted by: chill pill | October 5, 2008 11:17 PM | Report abuse

When do the final cuts have to be made?

Posted by: D | October 5, 2008 11:31 PM | Report abuse

wednesday

Posted by: me | October 6, 2008 1:24 AM | Report abuse

wow you guys are not Caps fans AT ALL. you all need to shut the F*** UP ABOUT THEO! will you all please stay at home and don't come to any games, I'd rather be back in 2003 where there were no fans except us die hards ones who stood by our team NO MATTER WHAT. i'm tired of you new comers who speak your oppinions and jump down the throats of the players who have a bad night. IT'S FRIKEN PRESEASON. GET OVER IT!!! besides huet's save% is waaaaay worse then theos and he has had significantly fewer shots over there in chicago, so shut up

Posted by: GoOVcaps | October 6, 2008 2:33 AM | Report abuse

Boo!,

I think the point JMU was trying to make is that the D knows Johnny's style of play better and therefore are more aware of how he will react in certain situations.

From listening to it last night (couldn't get the streaming to work) it seemed JT made a couple of big saves late on to keep us in it. JT may not have performed that well in the SO but its not all on him. If Semin and Nyls score their shots we win 3-2.

Posted by: Dave UK Caps Fan | October 6, 2008 5:09 AM | Report abuse

Dave:
I was at the game and I can tell you that he did make some big saves, but I'm with BB - he let some softies in, too. He was very inconsistent. I don't know what exactly JMU meant, but I have heard others say it before about other keepers, too, and it has just never made sense to me. For example, people on this blog last season said that the guys played better "for" Huet than they did "for" Kolig - I just don't buy that logic. Anyway, RE: JT, like I said before - I have not written him off, but he has definitely given some cause for concern. Nonetheless, I hope he gets it together soon.

GoOVcaps:
Not sure who that was directed to, but relax, already! :-) If it was directed at me, I can tell you that I have been a fan long enough to clearly NOT be a fair weather fan, and I am certainly not a newbie around here. Having been a STH for years (even when the Caps were bad), I think I will continue going to games and offering my comments on how well they do (or do not) perform. It does not mean that I am not a fan and, frankly, if you asked anyone who knows me, they would tell you that I am die hard fan. So I think I will stick around, if it's all the same to you. RE: JT, I think most folks who have expressed concern have also said that the jury's still out, myself included. (Oh and there has certainly not been anything worse said here about him than was said here about Kolzig last season!) The scary thing is that JT performed worse than all of the other keepers, even the rookies. Hopefully he's just shankin' off the cob webs and will deliver when it matters most. If not, granted, folks may start ganging up on him (BB included - just read what he said about him last night), but that does not mean that those folks don't support the TEAM. If they didn't support the team, then they wouldn't care how Jose performed. So it's all good, just go with it and let people speak their minds, or skip over what they have to say and go to the next post.

(JSchon - we need a free speech rant right about now ... ;-))

Posted by: Boo! | October 6, 2008 7:25 AM | Report abuse

Dave/JMU:
Just a point of clarification, if the playing better "for" assertion held true due to the guys being more familiar with one keeper than another, than people would not have said it about Huet over Kolzig. To say guys play better "with" a keeper that they are more familiar with, now that I might buy, but not "for". Regardless, I hope you know that I was just thinking out loud - my comments were certainly not meant as an attack. Having said that, I will stop beating this dead horse!! ;-)

Posted by: Boo! | October 6, 2008 8:21 AM | Report abuse

@ GoOVcaps

Seriously do not tell me that you are one of those idiots that think no matter what every one saw you can only say good things. When there are issues you bring them up or what someone may think are issues and every one chimes in an it because every one sees everything different ways this is a discussion board. That is what it is here for. AND do not get me started on that YOU ARE NOT FANS or YOU ARE NOT REAL FANS because that is just garbage god I hate when someone says that take off the damn caps glasses and actually break down the game.

Posted by: Chad | October 6, 2008 8:28 AM | Report abuse

Honestly? If we can play as sloppily as we did last night and still get to a shootout, something tells me we'll be just fine.

Like everyone else here, I'm not sold on JT yet, but I'm not writing him off yet either. When he's on, he's brilliant. When he's off, he's a mess. Kind of like everyone else out there.

Posted by: this space for rent | October 6, 2008 8:33 AM | Report abuse

after having a hockey sandwich this weekend --Caps friday and sunday and the bears in between on Saturday--I feel pretty good about our players -- both teams are playing with good enthusiasim--except for a few spurts last night -- and I would be surprised if Erskine stays -- last night it seemed like he had no sense of position and he would enter scrums late luckily not receiving a penatly -- he has the best nick name "sexy lumberjack" but our D- is lacking since GMGM did not upgrade us
and Sat the Bears beat the baby Pens 8-2 in a fightfest

Posted by: capsgary | October 6, 2008 8:53 AM | Report abuse

Boo,

I was trying to say D play better "with" not "for". I just didn't put it as clearly as you!!

Check your emails too!

Posted by: Dave UK Caps Fan | October 6, 2008 9:07 AM | Report abuse

I was at the game last night and a couple of the goals came from bad turn over’s from Green trying to be fancy in our end instead of just clearing the zone. Not much JT can do about that.
Erskine has to go he is slow and out of position Alzner and Juice can stay but Erskine is a waste and apart from being a enforcer does not fit into BB's game plan in my eyes.

Posted by: CalleJO | October 6, 2008 9:08 AM | Report abuse

CalleJO, concur on Erskine. Erskine was a disaster out there. Juice stepped up - I thought he might be in trouble too but now I dunno. Replace Erskine with Alzner, and I'd love to see them work Bourque into the lineup.

Anyone else a little concerned when they see what the Bears are doing down there? We've got more talent than we know what to do with right now and if we can't work some of these guys into the lineup, we're going to lose some of it.

Posted by: this space for rent | October 6, 2008 9:13 AM | Report abuse

I would rather end the pre-season with a game like that, then having pasted a team 10-0 and playing perfectly. Gives them some sort of extra "Focus" for the upcomiing gmaes/practices. Sometimes good teams play down to the opponent and sometimes they think that talaent alone will win without effort.

Bruce will use this as a too, this comming week. Is it Friday yet?

Posted by: Casfannmiss | October 6, 2008 9:35 AM | Report abuse

JT has an amazing glove hand! He caught a LOT of saves last night. If he can learn to use his stick as well as his glove, and stay in position, I think he'll do just fine.

The defensive lines more-or-less fell apart on him, though, and 44 shots on goal is just not something I'd like to see get in. Still: think about it! The man stopped all but four of those 44 shots. That's pretty impressive. The defense needs to step it up, though...

The whole team seemed out of focus last night, though, like they weren't really trying all that hard. There were a LOT of missed passes out there, and a lot of people - not just Theodore - were out of position.

Theodore does need practice against the shootout, but hopefully it won't get that far too often.

And remember: 5-1-1 is better than 5-2, which means this was the best pre-season we've had in several years!

Posted by: I Rock the Red! | October 6, 2008 9:53 AM | Report abuse

I'll echo those sentiments on Erskine. I am not a fan, but he looked a step slower than everyone else out there, and nearly caused a goal on a bad play in front. I'm always a bit nervous when he's dressed and out there on his shift.

Jurcina looked like the player we all want him to be though, he was awesome out there hitting everything that moved. Alzner also looked good, very few rookie mistakes.

The energy for the Caps lacked at time, but I was impressed that despite that, we still kept ourselves up. Semin looked like he was just messing around with the puck every time he had it, but he made a great backcheck on one play after he fumbled at the offensive blue line.

Let's hope we put it all back together with proper energy, and a full lineup for Friday.

Posted by: CapsCorndog | October 6, 2008 9:59 AM | Report abuse

Juice looked awesome. had some real nice hits. I agree with BB, he has to play his size. Clarkie and Brooksie both played excellent. I thought Flash showed some upside. Borque was blazin. Even though everyone is quick to jump on the Lumberjack, I actually think Erskine played pretty well, at least early on. I saw him makes a few nice outlet passes and made some nice defensive poke checks.

Posted by: doughless | October 6, 2008 10:12 AM | Report abuse

GoOVcaps
Where were you before 2003? Why don't you lay down your hockey resume before you post a comment so people can kiss your *ss accordingly for that brilliant comment.

Posted by: MNMNT | October 6, 2008 10:13 AM | Report abuse

I wish someone had pounded on Lulic for that hit on Pothier. I didn't expect bradley to because Lulic smoked him last year, but the sexy lumberjack could have crushed him just like last year

Posted by: stevo | October 6, 2008 10:25 AM | Report abuse

All you people flashing your Caps fan-resume are pathetic.

I only became a big Caps fan last year. But I bought two season tickets in the lower level.

I've spent more $ than some of you "long-time" Caps fan can ever afford to. So shut up.

Posted by: Danny | October 6, 2008 10:28 AM | Report abuse

Uh-oh, here comes the fight over whether you can pay your way into fandom versus whether you have to have watched the Caps for 20 years on television without spending a dime. Don't take the bait!

Posted by: Scott in Shaw | October 6, 2008 10:34 AM | Report abuse

I hate it when people lay down their resumes Danny, but you're still a bandwagon fan.

Posted by: MNMNT | October 6, 2008 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Nice, Danny! Where you from, Philly or Jersey?? good attitude

Posted by: Anonymous | October 6, 2008 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Oh my, I am so sorry Danny that we can't all be millionaires like you!!! I have followed the team since the mid 70's and had season tickets up until I got married and have children meaning I have more important things to spend my cash on. So, as a matter of fact you shut-up band wagon jumper!!!! Becoming a fan when the team is winning is easy but where the hell were you when they were losing??!! what an ass-clown!!!

Posted by: Phil R | October 6, 2008 10:43 AM | Report abuse

Thanks for the answer "me".

"danny" It doesn't matter how much you spend. Being a Caps fan isn't about money, it's about following and believing in your team. You can talk them up when they are doing well, and talk about what is going wrong when they aren't. Just because you can spend money on season tickets doesn't make you better then anyone else. You post shows that you are not a real Caps fan, but a fair weather fan.

Posted by: D | October 6, 2008 10:46 AM | Report abuse

The pissing contest is around the corner.

Jose came here with a big question mark about his playing level, and it's still a question mark. If people are a bit skeptical, we should be still. I've kept a tab on him since he's got into the league, and if you think he's Superman right now you're smoking crack. Hopefully he does well but he doesn't look sharp right now.

Posted by: MNMNT | October 6, 2008 10:48 AM | Report abuse

regarding teams playing "better" for one goalie or another, I'm with Boo! in the sense that I don't think guys try harder for one goalie than they try for another. In J.T.'s case, he could still be adjusting to team's style having played in a more defensive scheme last season. There were also communication issues (as Bruce noted) that can only be overcome by having more time to gel.

Posted by: Sombrero Guy | October 6, 2008 10:49 AM | Report abuse

as for "bandwagon fans" I'll take them over an empty seat at the Verizon center any day of the week. I'm a fan of cliches like "the more the merrier" and "can't we all just get along"

Posted by: Sombrero Guy | October 6, 2008 10:52 AM | Report abuse

I just wish people would stop claiming. I don't care if you're a new fan or old school fan, just stop claiming.

Posted by: MNMNT | October 6, 2008 11:00 AM | Report abuse

Sombrero,
Are you really that excited about more people at the Verizon Center? I thought about it yesterday when I was at the game. I didn't have to wait in lines to get a beer or have to cross my legs waiting to go to the bathroom. It's kinda nice when the VC is empty and I am dreading another 6K fans coming there each night. All in all, it's for the good of the Caps and I truely loved the playoff atmosphere. But at the same time, I am a bit selfish and I hate waiting in lines. I am for the sellouts, I just have to separate myself from those nights where I was the only one in my row - kick back, relax, etc...

Posted by: 828 | October 6, 2008 11:08 AM | Report abuse

Why so angry, Danny? We're all one big happy (albeit dysfunctional) family here - no need to go "there"! BTW, I am a STH with seats lower bowl center preferred seats ... does that meet with your approval?!? ;-)

Posted by: Boo! | October 6, 2008 11:10 AM | Report abuse

Alrighty then.
Boo!, Dave knew what I was talking about! (Thanks, Dave!!) I was going more for the "with" than the "for." I was just thinking that the guys have played with Johnny more than Jose and are more comfortable with his style and how much he plays the puck. Communication is better between the team and Johnny, simply because they've been together longer.
No, I don't agree with the "for" argument either. That's petty and nothing I think our players would stoop to. The Chicago game was just bad all around, I don't think it would have gone any different had Huet been in net.

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | October 6, 2008 11:10 AM | Report abuse

in regard to JT; lets give him and the team an opportunity to get used to one another.

Posted by: doughless | October 6, 2008 11:14 AM | Report abuse

@ space-for-rent,

The Caps need guys getting ready to come up from Hershey. Federov, Kozlov, and Nylander will most likely need to be replaced in the next 2-3 years, depending on the player. Juice and Erksine have to step it up or Godfrey and Carlson will be skating for them. Morrison may ask for too much money, so the Caps will have to groom someone to replace him. Someone may drop off seriously in production (cf. Pettinger) or get seriously injured (cf. Pothier), so having a good farm team is essential for a long run at the cup.

Posted by: JIM | October 6, 2008 11:17 AM | Report abuse

JMU/Dave:
Got it - so it sounds like we're all saying the same thing (should not surprise me - I always knew that you two were brillant! ;-)).

Posted by: Boo! | October 6, 2008 11:18 AM | Report abuse

I'm just going to ignore the lamesauce BS about who's spent more or who's been around longer, because that's all it deserves.

doughless: A couple of poke checks and a hit or two does not an effective D-man make. Alzner was always where he was supposed to be and doing what he was supposed to be doing, which is more than I can say for the entire rest of D last night.

Posted by: this space for rent | October 6, 2008 11:19 AM | Report abuse

@JIM: 100% agreed! :-) While we definitely need the depth, I almost wonder if we've got so much that some of them will leave because we can't get them enough ice time. Maybe I'm worrying over nothing, but we'll wait and see.

Posted by: this space for rent | October 6, 2008 11:24 AM | Report abuse

How's that saying go?

"Great minds think alike providing of course they can actually communicate their points without fellow great minds getting the wrong end of the stick"

Posted by: Dave UK Caps Fan | October 6, 2008 11:24 AM | Report abuse

@828 - hah i'll sacrifice the shorter beer and bathroom lines for a more enthusiastic overall atmosphere.

@JMU- thought you meant "with" than "for" in which case I'll agree. I think J.T. will settle in nicely and will end up somewhere performing somewhere among the top half of starting goaltenders. Not terrible, not terrific but solid enough.

Posted by: Sombrero Guy | October 6, 2008 11:24 AM | Report abuse

ive been a fan since 1992, but 2003 was when we had low low fan attendance, thanksgiving and other holidays were barely half full. ive been a fan long enough to see all you bandwagon fans come in and make your quick judgements. cheer when the team is good and boo when they're bad. it's sickening

Posted by: GoOVcaps | October 6, 2008 2:39 PM | Report abuse

Now, now children . . . .

Posted by: rbpalmer | October 6, 2008 3:27 PM | Report abuse

Hi Everybody! I could no longer stand idly by and read these posts! I must air my personal opinions from a Canadian standpoint if it's alright with everyone? ; )

Posted by: EdmontonCapsFan | October 6, 2008 3:45 PM | Report abuse