Morning roundup: Pens and Caps meet again

Morning roundup

Some morning links to get the day started::

*Investigators interview Caps players Matt Bradley, Eric Fehr and Shaone Morrisonn after a chiropractor with ties to the team is charged with obtaining steroids and other performance-enhancing drugs | Video »

*Brooks Laich gets struck in the face by a puck during practice. His status against the Pens is TBD.

Tonight's matchup:

Pittsburgh Penguins (42-25-6)
Washington Capitals (48-14-10)
Verizon Center, 7 p.m.
TV: NHL Network, Comcast SportsNet
Radio: 1500 AM

*Boudreau discusses Sidney Crosby's scuffle. (Bog)

*This game still has buzz, even though it doesn't mean much. (DC Examiner)

*There are players on the Caps not named Ovechkin. (NHL.com)

*Pens-Caps just a regular game? (Post-Gazette)

*Game previews from Mike Vogel, Peerless, CapsBlog, Hockey Mom and CSN.

*Sweet eye patch, Brooks Laich. (RMNB)

*Win a Caps DVD set. (Puck the Media)

*Rocky Wirtz wanted Ovechkin out for the season for his hit in Chicago. (ESPN)

*Meet the Caps. (Rock the Red)

*Practice photos. (Caps in Pictures)

*Number-crunching the Caps' power play. (DC Landing Strip)

Ten games left to top personal bests. (Japers' Rink)

*Eric Fehr has Ovechkin's stick to thank for his goals. (Alex Ovetjkin)

*Penguins fear red. (On Frozen Blog)

By Lindsay Applebaum  |  March 24, 2010; 8:33 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Laich to be reevaluated tomorrow
Next: Boudreau: Laich to miss at least two games

Comments

Lets Go CAPS!

Posted by: vawoodworker84 | March 24, 2010 8:50 AM | Report abuse

Great roundup Lindsay -- thanks!

(need to fix the post-gazette link -- add an "m" to the end)

And that's not a bad story either.

Posted by: Sonyask | March 24, 2010 8:55 AM | Report abuse

And here's one more from NHL.com -- "We've Got Plenty to Play For" -- http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=522419

Posted by: Sonyask | March 24, 2010 8:59 AM | Report abuse

There are some really hilarious comments on the Steinberg blog. Mandatory reading for us Caps fans in need of humor!

My SO scored tix to tonight's game to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. I can't imagine a more perfect gift! Can't WAIT to rock the red. C'mon, Ovi, how about another hat trick? Get well, Brooks.

Posted by: dccitizen1 | March 24, 2010 9:02 AM | Report abuse

I'm packing my bags to head to Florida today. Can't believe I have to miss the game tonight. I would have stuck around and travelled tomorrow had I a clean chorce, for sure, but my daughter only has so much time available to get away. Getting away with her will be terrific, but giving away my tix stung.

Posted by: Sonyask | March 24, 2010 9:09 AM | Report abuse

Happy anniversary dccitizen1! Should be a great night.

Posted by: Sonyask | March 24, 2010 9:16 AM | Report abuse

Thanks, Sonyask. We'll be behind the net somewhere, the one that the Caps will score on for two of the three periods. Hope you'll at least be able to catch the game on TV tonight.

Posted by: dccitizen1 | March 24, 2010 9:24 AM | Report abuse

HOLY CRAP LINDZ! I thought morning round ups where a thing of the past.Havent been seeing too many of em lately.I sure do enjoy my morning caps fix so thanks.And I'm just messin wit ya.I'm sure youve been busy doin other stuff so its all good!But keep the M.R-ups coming.Peace.GO CAPS!!!

Posted by: gratefuldid | March 24, 2010 9:36 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: dccitizen1 | March 24, 2010 9:24 AM | Report abuse

That's where I'd be usually, in Sec. 105. I'm in my tenth year there and I love it. Enjoy!

Posted by: Sonyask | March 24, 2010 9:50 AM | Report abuse

F PITTSBURG!

Posted by: lylewimbledon | March 24, 2010 10:02 AM | Report abuse

Did anyone else notice that the Pens are 2-3-2 since Malkin got hurt? This always happens when Malkin goes out. How does that make Crosby and MVP candidate? Just wondering if I'm the only one who sees that.
Happy Anniversary dccitizen!

Posted by: jmurray019 | March 24, 2010 10:02 AM | Report abuse

Is it too early to head down the Turtle? Ok, just checking...

Posted by: oldtimehockey | March 24, 2010 10:06 AM | Report abuse

Happy Anniversary dccitizen!

Posted by: jmurray019 | March 24, 2010 10:02 AM

You could also argue that the Caps are 7-2-1 without Ovi which could hurt his MVP chances. Nicky for MVP!

Posted by: Moose33 | March 24, 2010 10:16 AM | Report abuse

If you haven't checked this out yet, do yourself a favor and go now. It's some of the funniest stuff I've read in a while.

Seriously

Posted by: superpaqman | March 24, 2010 10:23 AM | Report abuse

trend i've noticed in recent years- when a guy gets laid out with a clean hit...play stops because everyone has to say something or fight...guys used to be able to man up and skate back to the bench? When did this become acceptable? Case in point - Volchenchov's hit on Carcillo last night.

Posted by: lylewimbledon | March 24, 2010 10:24 AM | Report abuse

Loved it when after the fourth or fifth cross-check by Cindy, Howard finally went after him.

Posted by: Bartolo1 | March 24, 2010 10:31 AM | Report abuse

Corey Massisak confirmed on twitter Laich out for tonight and tomorrow.

Get well Brooks...