Caps announce preseason schedule

The Caps just released their entire preseason schedule for next season, and here it is:

Wed. Sept. 22 at Columbus Nationwide Arena 7 p.m.
Sat. Sept. 25 at Nashville Bridgestone Arena 8 p.m.
Tues. Sept. 28 Boston Verizon Center 7 p.m.
Wed. Sept. 29 at Boston TD Garden 7 p.m.
Fri. Oct. 1 Columbus Verizon Center 7 p.m.
Sun. Oct. 3 Nashville Verizon Center 12:30 p.m.

I'll have an update on Tomas Fleischmann's contract negotiations in a bit. So check back. Here's a hint: the words "not close" will be used.

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  June 21, 2010; 12:18 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Shaone Morrisonn's agent: No negotiations with Caps
Next: Agent: Caps, Tomas Fleischmann talking but 'not close'

Comments

I think the words "salary arbitration" may also be come into play with reference to Mr. Fleischmann.

Posted by: braunt | June 21, 2010 12:36 PM | Report abuse

"Not close" could also be used to describe the response if asked if Fleischmann was a force in the playoffs.

Posted by: sl7z | June 21, 2010 12:38 PM | Report abuse

I like the phrase "rights traded."

Posted by: richmondphil | June 21, 2010 12:53 PM | Report abuse

I would like either "no negotiations" or "traded". Anything else would be a bad move.

Posted by: timmyv38 | June 21, 2010 1:00 PM | Report abuse

i like the phrase, "hit the road, bum!"

Posted by: doughless | June 21, 2010 1:01 PM | Report abuse

ditto for any coming stories regarding Semin.

Posted by: doughless | June 21, 2010 1:02 PM | Report abuse

@phil and timmy

Agreed. Trade this guy. Sign Neuvirth,Schultz and Fehr so we know what our cap space looks like.

Posted by: underpants2 | June 21, 2010 1:04 PM | Report abuse

@underpants2

Neuvirth is under contract for another year. if you are going by nhlnumbers.com saying hes an RFA that is wrong. But yes sign Schultz and Fehr.

Posted by: ThePat | June 21, 2010 1:08 PM | Report abuse

i read some rumors that the flyers may be chasing neuvirth

Posted by: _stevo | June 21, 2010 1:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ThePat

Good to know, thanks.

Posted by: underpants2 | June 21, 2010 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Why are the Caps wasting their time trying to resign Fleishman? They have players in Hershey who are 1) stronger physically and 2) better scorers. Cut him lose or trade him quickly, like the Flyers did with UFA Ryan Parent to get fellow UFA and Nashville Predator Dan Hamhuis, before "open season" begins.

Posted by: Exile_in_Philly | June 21, 2010 1:22 PM | Report abuse

I can imagine Flash wants maybe $2.75-3.0M. There are plenty of comparables for him, players making that kind of money. The club probably wants to pay in the low 2's at best.

Posted by: tominsocal1 | June 21, 2010 1:23 PM | Report abuse

underpants - I find myself in total agreement with you. Is this a first?

Posted by: timmyv38 | June 21, 2010 1:23 PM | Report abuse

underpants - I find myself in total agreement with you. Is this a first?

Posted by: timmyv38

Shocking, I know.

Posted by: underpants2 | June 21, 2010 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Although his playoff performance was quite disappointing, I don't know how you let a guy go that has improved every year since he's been in the NHL. Flash has potential to be a 30-goal scorer, which is worth 2.5-3M he's probably demanding...just my take...

Posted by: OvyNation8888 | June 21, 2010 1:30 PM | Report abuse

how about get lost?

Posted by: casser | June 21, 2010 1:35 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: OvyNation8888

Let him get it somewhere else.

Posted by: underpants2 | June 21, 2010 1:35 PM | Report abuse

I like the phrase "rights traded."

Posted by: richmondphil | June 21, 2010 12:53 PM | Report abuse

that would be chubby-inspiring.

Posted by: cstanton1 | June 21, 2010 1:38 PM | Report abuse

Want him gone or not (and we all pretty much want him gone), GMGM has to at least hold his rights. You cannot let a 20 goal scorer walk for nothing.

Posted by: pkendrick | June 21, 2010 1:52 PM | Report abuse

Flash can sign with Caps, ask for arbitration (after next year he becomes UFA), declare himself a RFA and sign an offer sheet (Caps can match or take comp) or sign for one year in Europe (then come back as UFA next July 1).

If we get a decent, veteran, checking line RW for his rights, I'd be happy.

Not as please as cstanton, apparently, but happy.

Posted by: tominsocal1 | June 21, 2010 2:00 PM | Report abuse

"Amid speculation the Hawks and Caps have a deal in place. Not true."

From Darren Dreger's twitter 2 hours ago. Nothing more.

Posted by: underpants2 | June 21, 2010 2:05 PM | Report abuse