Caps' Second-Round Schedule Announced

The Capitals will play the Pittsburgh Penguins in their Eastern Conference semifinal. Here's the schedule:

Saturday, May 2 -- D.C. -- 1 p.m. -- NBC, CBC, RDS
Monday, May 4 -- D.C. -- 7 p.m. -- VERSUS, CBC, RDS
Wednesday, May 6 -- Pittsburgh -- 7 p.m. -- VERSUS, CBC, RDS
Friday, May 8 -- Pittsburgh -- 7 p.m. -- VERSUS, CBC, RDS
*Saturday, May 9 -- D.C. -- 7 p.m. -- VERSUS, CBC, RDS
*Monday, May 11 -- Pittsburgh -- TBD -- VERSUS, CBC, RDS
*Wednesday, May 13 -- D.C. -- 7 p.m. -- VERSUS, CBC, RDS

*if necessary

Check out the rest of the schedule here.

By Lindsay Applebaum  |  April 28, 2009; 11:55 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Game 7: Capitals 2, Rangers 1
Next: Boudreau: 'Welcome to the Circus'

Comments

ended a post again? what luck. repost...

Man, that was a painful game to be at. Talk about beingon the edge of ones seat. I finally got a parachute! Actaully, og to the shirt and someone else got the parachute, but we traded. I've got shirts, but no parachutes.

Fedorov, that makes me feel so good. BUT, I credit Bradley with the game winner, despite who shot it. Funny enough, when he passed, and I said great pass bradley out loud, I thought of jmu wearing his shirt (thanks chicka!). That means I've been on this blog too long. Of course, I'm wearing my Semin shirt again, and I had a mojito at Zengo. So Mojito's here on out, .

Not a pretty game, but an awesome outcome. Bring on the Pens. (Carolina did it, eh? I'd say I prefer a mortal Brodeur, but really I prefer a second round).

So fing happy.

Come one out, trolls. Lets hear you now. You, yes, you. Stand still, laddy...

: )

So fing happy.

Come one out, trolls. Lets hear you now. You, yes, you. Stand still, laddy...

: )

Posted by: oo7 | April 29, 2009 12:01 AM | Report abuse

oo7, I try. It doesn't help that I'm very public in my fondness for him. That shirt has certainly earned special treatment.

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | April 29, 2009 12:04 AM | Report abuse

too drunk to proof read...

Posted by: oo7 | April 29, 2009 12:04 AM | Report abuse

Anyone know anything about ticket sales?

As in, will any be available to the public, and if so, when?

Thanks..

Posted by: kjm1971 | April 29, 2009 12:05 AM | Report abuse

wear it every game rom hear on out, jmu, and i'll keep wearing mine : ) Have a mojito.

I'm a goin ta lay down now. sweet dreams everybody...

Posted by: oo7 | April 29, 2009 12:06 AM | Report abuse

oo7, My lucky drink is Molson Golden. Dream of the Cup!!

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | April 29, 2009 12:08 AM | Report abuse

Don't worry, the Pens trolls will be out soon enough.

Only one game on NBC. Pretty interesting since this is the matchup the NHL dreamed of.

Posted by: CTCapsPhan | April 29, 2009 12:13 AM | Report abuse

So if Game 1 goes to OT, will NBC continue broadcasting, or cut away for the Kentucky Derby?

Network Fail.

Posted by: Section117 | April 29, 2009 12:15 AM | Report abuse

too drunk to proof read...

Posted by: oo7 | April 29, 2009 12:04 AM
------

yes, indeed.

Posted by: diego_r | April 29, 2009 12:16 AM | Report abuse

Enjoy the one night of peace from trolls... gnight guys, crazy series BUT WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: mrszilla | April 29, 2009 12:17 AM | Report abuse

so in the event we don't sweep...how's varly's conditioning? can he go back-to-back yet? wasn't that a big concern earlier this year?

Posted by: sirbobalew | April 29, 2009 12:17 AM | Report abuse

I am so glad we get to play the Pen's. This is a new Cap's team that is gonna kill all the demon's of their past. Too bad we didnt get payback on Philly too.

Posted by: hank7216 | April 29, 2009 12:18 AM | Report abuse

Is CSN being cut out of the covering the second round?? Arrgggghhhh!! POX on the NHL and VERSUS

Posted by: pogamahone1 | April 29, 2009 12:19 AM | Report abuse

UNFAIR SCHEDULING
Here's the schedule for the remaining 4 playoff series:

Does this seem fair? The Caps are playing every other day except for games 4 and 5 which are scheduled for consecutive days. Meanwhile, no other matchup has games scheduled for consecutive days. In the Bruins vs. Canes series, they even get two days off between games 2 and 3; in the Red Wings vs. Ducks series, they get 2 days off between games 4 and 5 and in the Canucks vs. Hawks series, they get 2 days off between games 2 and 3 AND 2 days off between games 6 and 7. Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic the Caps advanced to the 2nd round but the scheduling doesn't seem fair.

Posted by: yoseltzer | April 29, 2009 12:20 AM | Report abuse

Not to mention Games 4 & 5.

Posted by: Section117 | April 29, 2009 12:20 AM | Report abuse

Good news that game 1 isn't until Saturday. Give our boys a few days to rest up. You think there was a lot of media drama during this first series, I'm sure we haven't seen ANYTHING yet.....

Congrats to Varly on his 21st birthday and his amazing saves and congrats to Feds for the GWG! Looking forward to the weekend!!!

Posted by: BlondeCapsFan | April 29, 2009 12:21 AM | Report abuse

@jmu_capsgirl

So like 007, you have a Semin shirt? We had a few people in our section with Semin shirts, as well.

Loved Semin's goal that tied it up. Way to satisfy all the critics that claimed that Semin's not built for playoff hockey. Only the team's best scorer this series. Take that, critics.

I'm sure you've all noticed that a certain troll, who keeps criticizing the Caps, especially one Alexander Valerievich Semin, has been conspicuously absent from our boards as of late.

Posted by: CapsFan75 | April 29, 2009 12:21 AM | Report abuse

@2hank7216

I'm just as happy we don't have to deal with Philthy this year.

As for the Pens, my most hated team. Their PK is not as good as the Rangers. Fleury is also not as good as Lundqvist.

Posted by: CapsFan75 | April 29, 2009 12:23 AM | Report abuse

Anyone know whether any Round 2 tix will be sold publicly?

Posted by: kjm1971 | April 29, 2009 12:24 AM | Report abuse

@yoseltzer - There's still a chance (albeit a slim one) that it's an error... but if that is the case, then yes, it sucks.

But... we can do it anyway!

Posted by: irockthered | April 29, 2009 12:28 AM | Report abuse

From where I sat on the blueline in Section 112, I would say that the clear No. 1 star of the game was, hold on to your hats, Milan Jurcina. He was all over the ice, breaking up plays, finishing his checks, and clearing pucks. I know a lot of you like to hate on Juice, but tonight he reminded me of Rod Langway. Not really comparing him to Langway, who did it every night, but tonight Jurcina was special. Anyone think otherwise? Also, it's nice to get a big win after being outplayed for two periods. We outplayed the Rangers in at least two of the three games they won, so it seems fair that we stole one.

Bring on the Pens. LET'S GO CAPS!

Posted by: chevychase10 | April 29, 2009 12:29 AM | Report abuse

Thank god I'll be at the game and don't have to listen to those awful NBC announcers. Plus, had plans both Friday and Saturday nights. I knew when the game ended that if the Canes won, we'd be facing the Pens at 1 Sat. So there is a silver lining to facing the Pens.

As for tonight, I'd like to thank Voros for flipping a puck my way over the net during warm ups. Did you know the Rangers were trying to hit fans before the game? They clocked one female Caps fan in the head. Now I've got my lucky puck, though.

Posted by: Sonyask | April 29, 2009 12:31 AM | Report abuse

CapsFan75, No, mine is a Bradley. I'd only worn it once before his two goal game and I've had it on for every game since.

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | April 29, 2009 12:34 AM | Report abuse

Juice was great, true. Where's Green? My gosh he was pounded about tonight. I hope he's not hurt. Rest up Mikey! We need you.

Posted by: Sonyask | April 29, 2009 12:34 AM | Report abuse

chevychase10, One of the Rangers blogs game recaps tonight was wondering when he learned to play hockey.

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | April 29, 2009 12:36 AM | Report abuse

cant sleep....

I have to admit I have been a Jurcina hater in the past, didnt really see him contribute that much physically, stupid mistakes etc BUT he has 100% made me eat my words this series. He has really stepped it up, I'm very impressed.

Maybe Nylander will take a hint and do the same... do you think he'll be a scratch for the whole series? Liked Clark, missed a great opportunity but I think in general he was pretty good for game 1 (at least in a game where I didn't like most of our play in the first two periods).

Posted by: mrszilla | April 29, 2009 12:47 AM | Report abuse

It's...never...over.

You heard it here first. Just got back. Tough, tough game. No long posts, we got the job done. Feds with a sick shot at a sick time.

I still think Kozlov almost turned into the goat tonight. Juice was superb, Ovie probably should have had 2 or 3 assists. Is what it is, 2nd round.

Bring on Pittsburgh.

It's never over.

Posted by: Davethecapsfan | April 29, 2009 12:52 AM | Report abuse

@Davethecapsfan

At least Kozlov wasn't the goat. Although, oddly enough, his last name means "goat". Ovechkin's last name means "little lamb"; i.e. a sheep. So the Caps' top line is a place where the sheep and goats are together, unlike the Bible which calls for separating the sheep from the goats. But in the Bible, the sheep are to the right and the goat to the left. On our front line, the sheep is the left wing and the goat is the right wing.

Posted by: CapsFan75 | April 29, 2009 1:04 AM | Report abuse

@ jmu_capsgirl

Glad Bradley did so well when you wore your Bradley jersey. Guess you're a good luck charm for him.

I was at Game 3 also. It was a dandy. 2 goals for Bradley and one apiece for each Alex (or each Sasha, if we want to call them by their Russian nickname).

Posted by: CapsFan75 | April 29, 2009 1:06 AM | Report abuse

I have to say. I think Pots is playing fantastic, consistent hockey. I think he might be the best overall defenseman right now. The defense really gelled the second half of this series. But they're going to have to do better against Pitt. If anyone falters on D, Alzner gets brought up. He's still better than Erskine IMO.

The Caps tried hard to lose the game tonight. I'm still shocked at how listless they came out. The played not to lose and they didn't do a very good job of it. They were holding those sticks tight. Torts was right, the pressure was all on the Caps and they almost fell under the weight. If the Rangers had a held a lead longer, the Caps might have pressed more an it could have been disastrous.

Ovie was awful. He was just waiting for the bomb to be the hero. He's at his best when he plays all three zones. Thy Caps have to play their style and dictate play. If they can't clear the zone like they did a lot of the game tonight, they're going to get schooled by Crosby and Malkin.

Once Fedorov scored, the place rocked. The Caps finally got the jump they needed and the will of the Rangers was broken. Even late in the game when they were finally being dominated, the Rangers were still one bad bounce from victory.

The volume in the Booth was incredible. There were a couple instances during game 5, notably the end of the second period, when play went on after the whistle or horn had blown. Tonight's volume at the end blew doors on that. I've been to a ton of rock concerts and probably have some hearing loss from them. This was louder even without amplified sound. My ears hurt and they're still ringing. The chanting in the staircase was loud, too.

Saturday seems like a long way off.

Posted by: SuperG5 | April 29, 2009 1:08 AM | Report abuse

So...if I remember correctly, someone (or quite a few people) posted that when teams are down 3-1 in a series, they only have an 8% chance in actually going on to win that series....

But didn't they know that 8 is our lucky number??? :)

GO CAPS! I knew you could do it.

(too late to really claim it now, but my superstitions is never to discuss my gut feelings before a game....but I had a feeling the Rangers would score first and yet the Caps would still win it!!!!)

Posted by: The_Stanley_Caps | April 29, 2009 1:18 AM | Report abuse

GAHAHAHAH I am going nuts. You guys have no idea how rough it is being at work in a country that sucks and by proxy doesnt care about hockey.

Posted by: trunkenmath | April 29, 2009 1:20 AM | Report abuse

Keep those ugly black and gold uniforms out of our house! Do not sell your tickets to the dark side of the force! ROCK THE RED!

Posted by: blackandred777 | April 29, 2009 3:15 AM | Report abuse

Great game, although I was scared to death up until 4 minutes to go....but imagine my surprise when I opened the paper version of the Post this morning....4 articles about the Caps, plus 3 columns (including one by the hockey guru Boswell)!!! It is amazing that the paper loves a winner, when all of us have known for ages that the Caps are winners. Follow that up with the letter to the editor in the same edition about the guy who has declined his seasons tickets for the Deadksins because of booze in the stands...what do we have...why it's a miracle!!! Maybe now Tarak will get lots of help, and we don't have to read umpteen column inches about the latest Deadskin idiocracy...are you reading Dan Snyder???

Posted by: RogerNoVa | April 29, 2009 7:44 AM | Report abuse

Any Caps fans making the road trip to Pittsburgh next week? I am a huge Caps fans living in Pittsburgh (yeah, I know) and want to go to either Game 3 or 4. Where are you guys getting tix and what section are you sitting? I want to rock the red here among Caps fans, not Penguins fans.

Posted by: redrocker2 | April 29, 2009 2:23 PM | Report abuse