Caps Video Update: Game One Preview

Here's the first of Tarik's daily playoff videos, recorded just a few minutes ago in Michael Wilbon's office here at the Post. Tarik talks about Tom Poti's status, what Chris Clark's return could mean for the Caps and more. Enjoy:

Also check out Tarik's chat, which just started a few minutes ago. Sick of him yet?

By Lindsay Applebaum  |  April 15, 2009; 2:11 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Clark: 'There's No Lingering Pain'
Next: Rangers Skate Notes: Drury a Game-Time Call

Comments

not yet maybe in june... maybe

Posted by: sroessle | April 15, 2009 2:17 PM | Report abuse

What's a Wilbon?

Posted by: Section117 | April 15, 2009 2:32 PM | Report abuse

little bit.

Posted by: jamebow | April 15, 2009 2:44 PM | Report abuse

Why is Alzner not here tonight? What with Poti's groin? I thought that salary cap is not an issue in the playoffs.

Posted by: johnbear1 | April 15, 2009 2:50 PM | Report abuse

Tarik, where's the playoff beard???

Posted by: superpaqman | April 15, 2009 2:54 PM | Report abuse

Read Puck Daddy's preview of our series and here's my comment on it:

As usual very entertaining and right on. In my preview I sheepishly noted that while I realize how terrible it sounds I was really hoping for Three-o-more to get hurt so that Boudreau would have no choice, but to go with a much superior goalie, Varlamov. Yes, Varlamov's NHL sample is small (albeit excellent), but I also watched him lead his team to the RSL playoff finals at just 19 last year. He was superb.

If you watch Varlamov play even for a few games you can see that he sees the puck through traffic much better, doesn't flop down early and has much better rebound control. On top of that he's extremely calm and has an excellent glove.

On the other hand, as a Caps fan, I need to wear a diaper when I watch Theo play because every shot on goal makes me sh$t my pants.

Posted by: ranndino | April 15, 2009 3:01 PM | Report abuse

Oh, and one more thing. What is this crap about Clark coming back? Please no! I've seen more than enough of him this season and we're much better off without him. He was absolutely useless and just took up a roster spot. I would take half the Hershey roster ahead of him.

BTW, I finally caught our last game of the season (had it recorded). Talk about elevating my fears. Theo was at his very best if the goal was to impersonate a large piece of Swiss cheese on skates.

Posted by: ranndino | April 15, 2009 3:06 PM | Report abuse

nutty

Posted by: mikebrady1 | April 15, 2009 3:09 PM | Report abuse

@ranndino

Clark was hurt thus poor performance. He was struggling every game to play injured.

@johnbear

Salary cap goes out when Bears are done in playoffs

Posted by: bhound69 | April 15, 2009 3:12 PM | Report abuse

arrrrrghhhhhhh this clock is going too damn slow!!!!! need to get to verizon now!!!! anyone know the seating chart of the 300 section at verizon? i can't find it anywhere.

Posted by: CapsSkins | April 15, 2009 3:15 PM | Report abuse

Why are they scratching Brashear? Dont they need the tough stuff.

Posted by: stonestom | April 15, 2009 4:03 PM | Report abuse

I thought they mentioned also that Aucoin was in one of the lines? Is he? Isn't he?

Don't agree with the doo-dah parade about not having Clark just because their fantasy hockey team s*cked because Clark wasn't playing. I'll give Clark the benefit of the doubt that he'll contribute to the Playoffs and I'll trust Boudreau and Company with whatever they decide. Until then, no point in being backseat drivers when regardless of what we think, it's gonna' happen the way it's gonna' happen.

Unleash the fury, Capitals!

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | April 15, 2009 4:23 PM | Report abuse

Look for OV to give Avery a mid-ice kabong tonight, Scott Stevens-style.

Posted by: washingtonpost31 | April 15, 2009 4:35 PM | Report abuse