Catching Up With Shaone Morrisonn

I meant to post this earlier, but I got sidetracked by my upcoming NASCAR duty. I spoke to Shaone Morrisonn earlier today and asked him about his reportedly "contentious" negotiations and arbitriation hearing. If you remember, Morrisonn was awarded a $1.975 million contract.

"It's our right as players, and if I had to do it again, I would," he said. "There's no hard feelings. They have the same rights. It's part of the business.This game is a business as well. I'm just glad to be back and that everything is settled."

Morrisonn also said that he's fully recovered from the broken jaw and cracked collarbone that dogged him late last season. At one point, his jaw was wired shut and lost more than 30 pounds, slimming all the way down to 185 because he couldn't eat. But now he's back up to 215, which is close to his normal playing weight.

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  September 2, 2008; 6:28 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Pothier: "I've made some pretty good gains"
Next: C. Bourque: 'I'll Do Anything'

Comments

I'll bet hungry D-men hit extra hard. Thanks for the update.

Posted by: uncatim | September 2, 2008 6:57 PM | Report abuse

I think I need to get on that diet

Posted by: ticketholder | September 2, 2008 7:26 PM | Report abuse

Let's hope Mo' can bring it this year. If he and Green stay healthy, that's a solid #1 D pairing.

Posted by: Go Skins Go | September 2, 2008 8:13 PM | Report abuse

Make your updates new posts so those following you by RSS don't have to go back to old posts to see if you have updated them.

Posted by: An Annoyed Reader | September 2, 2008 8:21 PM | Report abuse

NASCAR Duty? Awesome nothing wrong with a little NASCAR. That's my off season cure...

Posted by: Chris | September 2, 2008 8:57 PM | Report abuse

All the way down to 185? Wow, how could he do anything?
I'm glad Mo has no hard feelings. Hopefully he and the organization can work something out over a longer term.

Posted by: pga3 | September 2, 2008 9:06 PM | Report abuse

@Chris

Nascar and Hockey...wow, how white are you???

Posted by: mike b | September 2, 2008 9:19 PM | Report abuse

More and more, I'm realizing Shaone Morrisson is one bad-ass motherf*%#&er.

Posted by: Ben | September 2, 2008 10:41 PM | Report abuse

For those who can't wait to watch some hockey the KHL started its inaugural season and the cool thing is that full games are available live and on demand on its official site.

Looks like they still don't have the English version of the site sorted out just yet, but you can figure out which ones are full game this way. Just look for a link that has starts with "Хоккей. КХЛ. Открытый чемпионат России." followed by team names.

I also love the fact that they don't list the scores in the video section so the games' results aren't spoiled and you can watch them as if they were live, even on demand.

Posted by: ranndino | September 3, 2008 3:57 AM | Report abuse

ranndino,

Thanks for the link. I agree, scores should be kept off video of games. That is my biggest bug-bear about NHL.com. Yes I can see all the goals but I can't avoid the result.

I had a pay-per-view channel at the end of last season where I could watch NHL on the Fly. I found it incredible that they would show highlights of playoff games without telling you the score before hand, but would then have a strap line running below the video which contained all the box scores. It was impossible to watch the action without seeing the result prematurely. So annoying.

Posted by: Dave UK Caps Fan | September 3, 2008 7:54 AM | Report abuse

Tarik, my condolensces on NASCAR duty.

Posted by: Jill | September 3, 2008 12:29 PM | Report abuse

yeah, i don't really care that much if the score is shown for highlights, but i lose 95% of interest in watching a full game if i know the result. i like how uefa.com champions league video section does it giving users a choice. that was my suggestion, btw :)

Posted by: ranndino | September 4, 2008 8:46 PM | Report abuse