Comcast and Cox Agree

Good news for those affected by Comcast vs. Cox.

From the Caps:

Comcast SportsNet and Cox Communications have reached an agreement that will bring CSN+ to Cox cable subscribers in Virginia.
Friday's Washington Capitals game against the Philadelphia Flyers and the Nov. 8 game against the Ottawa Senators will be available on CSN+ (channel 74) to all Cox subscribers in Fairfax County as well as on NewsChannel 8. Those games and future games designated for CSN+ will also be available to Cox subscribers in Fredericksburg on channel 77, Hampton Roads on channel 11 and Roanoke on channel 52.

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  November 1, 2007; 5:33 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Thursday Morning Update
Next: Online Chat at 2

Comments

Now, when do we get CSN-HD?

Posted by: Anonymous | November 1, 2007 6:03 PM | Report abuse

CSN-HD is on channel 251 (Comcast) in Baltimore Co

Posted by: Anonymous | November 1, 2007 6:14 PM | Report abuse

So what (if anything) does that mean to the Comcast subscribers out in Warrenton?
Can I see the game or what?

Posted by: pmoravek | November 1, 2007 6:23 PM | Report abuse

For Cox dummy.

Posted by: duh | November 1, 2007 6:23 PM | Report abuse

Do the red uni's look as bad in HD?

Posted by: Lee | November 1, 2007 6:56 PM | Report abuse

So when do we get CSNHD...

Posted by: Juan | November 1, 2007 7:07 PM | Report abuse

Dear Duh,

It was meant as sarcasm. Seeing how I asked about Comcast and Comcast were the ones causing the problem for the Cox folks.
Sorry if it was too thinly veiled...or if you were too STUPID!

Thanks for the hostility anyway.
Have a nice day.

Posted by: pmoravek | November 1, 2007 7:08 PM | Report abuse

looking good the first period in NY
lots of energy, going to loose pucks,
power play looked lame though

Posted by: billd | November 1, 2007 7:46 PM | Report abuse

Ok...I've been a proponent for Brash. Until now. Get him off the ice - he can't hold onto the puck or pass it to save his life.

Posted by: keef | November 1, 2007 8:19 PM | Report abuse

Bah. Get our Power Play off the ice too. The Caps should just forfeit their PP opportunities moving forward.

Posted by: keef | November 1, 2007 9:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mauree | November 1, 2007 9:30 PM | Report abuse

30+ shots is not a bad game...plus, lundy was on, no denying that

Posted by: czechsmix | November 1, 2007 9:48 PM | Report abuse

F BOMB!

Posted by: CRAP | November 1, 2007 9:50 PM | Report abuse

Keep what up? Play hard, lose. To be in the playoffs you have to WIN games. What am I thinking, even the Head coach hasn't figured that out.

Posted by: play horse shoes | November 1, 2007 9:52 PM | Report abuse

Ran into a hot goalie...
But we gotta score on the power play.
Right now!!! We can't continue to let this slide. The PP getting sorted out needs to be priority ONE!!!
Semin being healthy will help, but...
If we need to bring someone in, so be it.
If we need to run 5 forwards, so be it.
Whatever needs to happen, needs to happen quick.

Posted by: pmoravek | November 1, 2007 10:07 PM | Report abuse

Mauree,
People of your mindset ( Low expectations, and satisfied with mediocrity ) REALLY, TRULY DISGUST ME!!! "The Rangers got really lucky," you say? Lucky how? Fact is, they got 1st. class goaltending ( something you probably have no knowledge of ) and played very good positional hockey featuring real good forechecking. That's not "Luck!" It's by design. They had a real good game plan, and stuck to it. That's why OV wasn't much of a factor tonight.
So, scoring ZERO goals without even very few quality chances is your idea of "Playoff level" hockey, huh? Holy Svitzth7jnh!!!! It's people like you that create an atmosphere which permits an incompetent like George Mc Phee to remain on the job for 10 FULL YEARS! You obviously don't demand accountability, or even a modicum of success. Losing is more than acceptable to you. It's extolled! You, Mr. Mauree, I find to be thoroughly disgusting. It's losers like you that allow the current status quo ( Perpetual losers! ) to exist.

Posted by: Puckguru | November 1, 2007 10:10 PM | Report abuse

I agree pmoravek! Ted, call Dale Hunter! Then let him run the team the way it should be run! Otherwise change the team name to the EXCUSES, because that's where they excel.

Posted by: yougottabekiddingme | November 1, 2007 10:16 PM | Report abuse

Geez, Puckguru, give the guy a break. Perpetual losers or not, the Caps are a lot of fun to watch, and whining about losing isn't going to help. Yelling at somebody for not whining about losing is even worse. If you can't enjoy hockey for the sake of hockey, then why are you watching it in the first place? I hope you don't have children---the poor kids are going to be spending a lot of money on therapy....

Posted by: XTN | November 1, 2007 10:19 PM | Report abuse

"I think the caps played really well. The rangers got really lucky and their fans knew that too. I'm not happy about losing but the caps showed to be a very good team, playoff level if they keep this up."

This exact same thing has been way too many times in this young season. They appear to play hard every game but rarely pull a W out for their effort.

Posted by: keef | November 1, 2007 10:35 PM | Report abuse

...has been said...

Posted by: keef | November 1, 2007 10:36 PM | Report abuse

Same old stuff.
Can't get any momentum w/ wins in a row, can't score, no imagination, nor creativity, nor life. What a boring team.
To the guy that said can't you just enjoy the game?

Huh? I am a fan, and enjoy when my team plays well and wins. I don't enjoy watching reruns that have been playing now for the past 10 years. The caps used to at least be competitive before Leonsis and he has taken them the route of AOL.

Posted by: capfan1 | November 1, 2007 11:26 PM | Report abuse

that is funny about just giving back the power play chances. you can give back a penalty in football so why not in hockey? caps used to have such good special teams. lot of institutional memory lost through fire sales and poor gming.

Posted by: jim | November 1, 2007 11:49 PM | Report abuse

can someone report puckguru to the Post for personal attacks, which are forbidden in postings?

it makes for an uncomfortably atmosphere

Posted by: czechsmix | November 2, 2007 12:19 AM | Report abuse

XTN,
THE OBJECT IS TO W I N!! That's why they keep score.

Posted by: Puckguru | November 2, 2007 12:51 AM | Report abuse

XT,
Yes, I do have children. Two of them. My son graduated fron Uni. Calif. @ Berkeley in 1989. He's forty, and doing extremely well, thank you, with his wife and two little ones. My daughter just turned 23, this past Monday. She graduated from Uni. of Pgh. May of "06." She's currently enrolled in the International Studies Program @ Uni of London.

Posted by: Puckguru | November 2, 2007 1:02 AM | Report abuse

Thank you keef! He's a bum!

I think the Caps played hard tonight, but sometimes that isn't enough, obviously being without those three, mainly Semin has hurt...

My question about Hanlon is this, how long are the caps going to stick with him? I do like some of what he's trying to do, and the players, to a certain extent, seem to try hard for him, but it's just not getting done. If we're .500 at mid-season, is he still around? What if we miss the playoffs, does he get another year? I would think with the amount of talent we have here, and with the amount that we have on their way up, this would be a good place for anyone to coach, maybe we can get a well known, well respected coach in here to start knocking heads around here.... Fingers crossed for Barry Melrose...

Does it seem weird that our AHL team dominates while our NHL team sucks?

Posted by: Danny | November 2, 2007 3:35 AM | Report abuse

Wow, Puckguru is a human? Who would've thunk it! Only kidding man, I actually agree with you.

Anyone see Kozlov's shot in the first where Henrik made a "great save?" The shot Kozlov took was to the DEAD CENTER OF THE NET. If you want to score goals, you shoot it somewhere other than the center of the net because, and I may be stretching here, THAT'S WHERE THE GOALIE IS.

He had the near post wide open. When Hanlon says the Caps can't "capitalize on [their] chances" what he means is that we're shooting like crap right now. We've finally got flow in the offensive zone and are setting up plays only to screw it all up with a horrible shot or complete lack of screen.

Monday we came out and were shooting great. Every shot seemed to go where we wanted. Tonight we shot to put shots on net not to score goals.

What do they do in practice? Since I'm 800 miles away, I'd like some input from someone who actually has been to practices.

Posted by: Raber | November 2, 2007 3:37 AM | Report abuse

@Danny: Not at all odd [that our AHL team is good]. The Caps seem to have a bunch of "tweeners" that are too good for the AHL but can't quite break it at NHL level. This makes for an all-star AHL team and a crappy NHL team.

Posted by: Raber | November 2, 2007 3:40 AM | Report abuse

"If we're .500 at mid-season, is [Hanlon] still around?"

Of course. We'll have posted a better record than in previous years. Does it live up to our expectations? No. But it's improvement. Not that I'm particularly enamored with such little improvement....

Posted by: keef | November 2, 2007 5:38 AM | Report abuse

Puckguru

I hope you don't get blocked for violating posting standards because I would miss your intelligent, fanatical input. Fanatical - look it up in your Funk & Wagnall's.

Posted by: Wanda | November 2, 2007 5:54 AM | Report abuse

Puckguru, wow what an answer.
What I meant by "rangers lucky" is that everything went their way. They were pressed hard, hitted hard, couldn't do much until they got a huge break with that 5 on 3. And even THAT goal was a lucky bounce off the defender stick. On our side, somehow the shoots were always on the goalie (as opposed to Toronto's game).

Let me ask you this: if you were a Ranger fan, would you be happy with the game? You'd be happy with the win, but not with the fact that the Caps were dominating and more fun to watch. It was the same team, same attitude and energy by the Caps as the Toronto's win.

Puckguru I think you're right on many issues but sometimes you're a prisoner of your own arguments.

@Keef: IMHO yesterday's game was different than the previous losses. On those I got really pissed and jumped on the "Hanlon go away" wagon.

If they keep this attitude and energy the wins will come. Let's see tonight :D I too am tired of losses.

Posted by: mauree | November 2, 2007 7:43 AM | Report abuse

XTN, Mauree, Puckguru--I agree with all of you combined.....And the bottom line is, if they don't improve dramatically on special teams, esp. the PP they're not going anywhere.

Posted by: dave | November 2, 2007 8:16 AM | Report abuse

I think Hanlon must go. Things must be improved now, if we want to make the play offs. Ted has to stop being a nice guy. I think he is tired of the same excuse: "we played really well, but we lost." I'd take playing bad and winning. Cos that just might win you the Cup.

Posted by: Finn | November 2, 2007 9:24 AM | Report abuse

I'm tired of hearing that we played well, when we don't score a single friggin goal. Hey, we took shots and only let them scorew twice. BFD. If this was any of the previous two seasons, I might accept such things as good news, but expectations have to be higher now.

We seriously need to beat Philly tonight.

Posted by: Andy | November 2, 2007 9:30 AM | Report abuse

We do need to beat Philly. Unfortunately, this is not last year's Flyers. They are a much better team than they've been. The good guys might have their hands full. Plus, as usual, there will be the vocal collection of classy Philly fans.

Posted by: old time hockey | November 2, 2007 10:03 AM | Report abuse

Danny & Raber- no surprise the AHL team is doing so well. Look at whose running the team, tweeners and college players.
Czechsmix- uncomfortable for whom?
Puckguru- Continue to say it like it is!
Those who bash Ollie- He is playing phenomenal. He's giving them a chance. He's sound in his positioning, and challenging the shooter. He needs the D to stop collapsing and standing in front, give him the lane, please. If you REALLY watch him you'll see he makes the spectacular save look routine.
Ted and the other owners of Lincoln Holdings LLC (except Dick P.)- Enough with the gimmick management, this area needs more substance. We would pay gladly for a winner, but these past ten years are an embarrassment to the Washington Metro area and the Capitals fans. Please convince Dick P to step aside (he doesn't have to leave LHLLC) and hire a new President of Operations. Under his watch it's been a ten year dismantling. Even if the dismantle was your true goal, 10 years is too long. Fire GMGM and Hanlon, this is the NHL, National Hockey League, The BIGS, The Show, not the AHL, minors, or the bus riders. Stop running the team like it's a minor league team, or at the very least, consult with Hershey's management since they are running their club as a winner.
Better yet, call Dale Hunter!

Posted by: someone else who knows | November 2, 2007 10:16 AM | Report abuse

Danny and Raber,
Sorry I pulled a Hanlon! I meant to say the CAPS are run by Tweeners and college players. Hersey is run by their managment, thats why they win w/ the cap players. What a GMGM move by me.

Posted by: someone else who knows | November 2, 2007 10:22 AM | Report abuse

Wow. Folk around here have gall. A hell of a lot of time is spent by some in criticizing job performances while neglecting their own jobs to do so.

Posted by: Anonymous | November 2, 2007 11:32 AM | Report abuse

Jobs? You honestly believe these people have jobs?

Posted by: on ice | November 2, 2007 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Hey no post and on ice,
Get back to work! Shouldn't you be getting coffee for someone, or are you the guys making the moving arrangements? Get thoughs boxes put together and double wrapped the crystal!

Posted by: someone else who knows | November 2, 2007 11:57 AM | Report abuse

wow,guru you have adult children and this is how you act(type), they would be ashamed and embarrassed if they knew

Posted by: grow up......or is it too late | November 2, 2007 12:55 PM | Report abuse

someone else, you tell guru to keep saying it as it is, and then in the next breath you tell 'those who bash olie' (guru), more or less to open their eyes and give him a break. please clarify because youre making less sense than guru at this point, but at least you dont sound like a raving lunatic who needs his meds and a diaper change.
pick a side buddy, youre sounding foolish

Posted by: cant be all things to all people | November 2, 2007 1:03 PM | Report abuse

cant be all things to all people or giant (_!_),
Glen is that you? Or is it GMGM? Dick? Hmmmm. Anyway is that a personal attack? I'm not feeling very uncomfortable w/ your tone. I'm going to go lick myself in the corner now. BTW, I have my side, and don't need to answer to you, tough guy!

Posted by: someone else who knows | November 2, 2007 2:09 PM | Report abuse

whose being a tough guy? why dont you answer the question and explain yourself, you still make no sense

Posted by: pick a side buddy | November 2, 2007 2:44 PM | Report abuse

I go to the Caps web site, and "E-mail Ted", yeah, good luck with that! Leonsis is in total denial of what is going on. Hanlon is doing a wonderful job in his opinion, and our power-play (ranked in the low 20's within the NHL for 3-years now) needs time to come together. Ron Wilson was fired after 3-years under Ted, AND HE TOOK US TO OUR ONLY CUP APPEARANCE!!!
Why does Hanlon get to stay, he has like a 34% winning percentage?????????

Posted by: BEEF | November 2, 2007 3:05 PM | Report abuse

It's times like these I wish I could post the "Internet Tough Guy" picture (google image it if you haven't seen it). Honestly, both of you need to chill.

Posted by: Raber | November 2, 2007 3:05 PM | Report abuse

thanks raber , without you here things would get ugly. someone might even call someone stupid. what if the kids saw!

Posted by: chill | November 2, 2007 3:17 PM | Report abuse

Now all we need is FIOS to carry Comcast HD!

Posted by: Larry | November 2, 2007 11:43 PM | Report abuse