Day Off In Detroit

The Caps are off today, and so am I.

Detroit is getting hammered by a winter storm right now, so I'm not sure I'm even getting out of Tampa. Wish me luck and check back tomorrow for the latest from Joe Louis Arena (assuming, that is, I get there.)

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  December 16, 2007; 11:12 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Lineup Shakeup Tonight
Next: Motzko Sent Down

Comments

Let's see...Detroit or Florida....

Sit tight.

Posted by: Jupe | December 16, 2007 11:38 AM | Report abuse

Good luck getting there and flying back, Tarik!

And while waiting for the flight watch this victory celebration by Jurcina's fellow country men:

I hope Alex will show up in cross country skies when Caps will win Stanley Cup :-)

Posted by: alexovetjkin | December 16, 2007 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Sounds like you need me.

Posted by: DrinkingPartner | December 16, 2007 12:01 PM | Report abuse

As many times as O'Hare has screwed me over, better find a spot in Tampa to camp out, or bring it on home and watch it in the comfort of home with a brew or two and watch it on TV. I don't get Versus, so if you have an extra seat or two, I'll bring the drinks!

Posted by: Greg S. | December 16, 2007 12:45 PM | Report abuse

I wonder why the Caps only play against really tough teams when they are on Versus...

Posted by: Jordan | December 16, 2007 12:57 PM | Report abuse

Things are looking up. My flight is allegedly en route to Tampa from Detroit after a slight delay for de-icing. So perhaps I'll get outta here after all. (The free wireless in the Tampa airport is money, btw.)

@Drinkingpartner ...after sampling the Tampa nightlife until 3 a.m., you're the last person I need to hang out with right now. :)

Posted by: Tarik | December 16, 2007 1:17 PM | Report abuse

I hope the team is already in Detroit...?

Tarik - what happens in Tampa stays in Tampa.

Posted by: Jill | December 16, 2007 1:22 PM | Report abuse

@Jill

The team left right after the game. So they are already there.

Corey from America's Newspaper reports it's an ugly scene -- five or six inches of snow already.

Posted by: Tarik | December 16, 2007 1:35 PM | Report abuse

Any Caps fans planning to make the trip up to Hershey tonight for the Bears game, don't bother. Game is postponed due to a power outage at Giant Center and most of the Hershey area.

Posted by: Tess | December 16, 2007 2:07 PM | Report abuse