Deal finalized for sale of Wizards to Leonsis

Tom Heath reports that the deal for Capitals owner Ted Leonsis to buy the Wizards and Verizon Center is done:

The Abe Pollin family has finalized a deal with Washington Capitals owner Ted Leonsis to sell him the family's share of the Washington Wizards and Verizon Center, the family announced in a statement today.

Read more here.

By Lindsay Applebaum  |  April 27, 2010; 1:43 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Game 7 experience not necessarily advantage
Next: Caps call up Alzner

Comments

Awesome- he can make them into CHOKING DOGS also!

Posted by: lylewimbledon | April 27, 2010 1:48 PM | Report abuse

Awesome- he can make them into CHOKING DOGS also!

Posted by: lylewimbledon

I don't agree with the choking dogs, but this did make me laugh pretty hard. LOL

Posted by: LloydChristmas | April 27, 2010 1:49 PM | Report abuse

i almost miss kornheiser

Posted by: lylewimbledon | April 27, 2010 1:50 PM | Report abuse

lylewimbledon, you're like a parasite we can't get rid of. Now go get your racket, put on some white knickers and hit the courts since you're done with the team and the season.

Posted by: Moose33 | April 27, 2010 1:51 PM | Report abuse

Oh stop, the Caps were choking dogs long before Uncle Ted bought the franchise.

Posted by: The_Spear | April 27, 2010 1:52 PM | Report abuse

I don't care about the bullets....

why is this in the Caps section...

Posted by: SoaringCaps | April 27, 2010 1:54 PM | Report abuse

You and spear can play doubles...it'll be great. Each time one of you misses an easy volley, you can call eachother choking dogs.

Posted by: Moose33 | April 27, 2010 1:54 PM | Report abuse

I am a total parasite- but at least I'm not sucking your money away like the Caps do every season before CHOKING on their own DOG puke.

Posted by: lylewimbledon | April 27, 2010 1:55 PM | Report abuse

Too many people are sipping haterade.

Others are close to slitting their wrists.

Stop the madness.

It ain't over yet...

Posted by: wtf_e_fehr | April 27, 2010 1:55 PM | Report abuse

lyle is actually an Islanders fan.

Posted by: richmondphil | April 27, 2010 1:56 PM | Report abuse

A burning question: Will I be able to get 200 level season tickets next season?

Posted by: SuperG5 | April 27, 2010 1:56 PM | Report abuse

change the name back to bullets, the colors back to red white and blue and i might go to one game every 5 years.

Posted by: capsfansince74 | April 27, 2010 1:57 PM | Report abuse

I didn't realize Ted was forcing you to fork over your money...remember, on the forehand, you want to have a clear low to high motion to impart topspin on the ball. Try not to frame the ball onto other people's court, they don't like that.

Posted by: Moose33 | April 27, 2010 1:58 PM | Report abuse

@ Moose- Why am I a parasite? This team has an awful history of playoff futility, that existed long before Ted Leonsis bought the franchise. More so, the point I was making, was that Leonsis has very little to do with what occurs on the ice. In fact, I think the Caps and now the Wiz, are lucky to have him as an owner.

Posted by: The_Spear | April 27, 2010 2:01 PM | Report abuse

why is this in the Caps section...

Because this has a pretty significant impact on the finances of the team, since the arena revenue will now no longer exclusively benefit the Wizards.

Posted by: zimbar | April 27, 2010 4:03 PM | Report abuse

Hey lyle...explain how the Caps too your money away since the iced the highest scoring team, 2-time MVP and had the best regular season record in the NHL it's not like you get to watch a boring team lose most of their games, they are still in this series, way to give up so easily, I am glad I never had to go to war with you!

Posted by: boomer44 | April 27, 2010 6:29 PM | Report abuse

@ Lyle, explain how the Caps sucked away yopur money? they iced the highest scoring most exciting team in the league, led by 2-time MVP and garnerde the most points in the NHL! THis playoff series is not over, but if you bought plsyoff tickets I'm sure it didn't come with a guaranteed victory, but what sporting event does?

Posted by: boomer44 | April 27, 2010 6:37 PM | Report abuse

sorry for the double post, I received a message that my response did not go through

Posted by: boomer44 | April 27, 2010 6:38 PM | Report abuse

@SuperG5

you can get 200 level tickets now, I bought a season plan there when I couldn't get more tickkets thru the Caps, my ticket guy is rpotter@washsports.com

Posted by: boomer44 | April 27, 2010 6:40 PM | Report abuse

Lylewimbledon is just an example of another armchair fan (fairweather or not) who just defines the ignorance by some on here. No offense to him - not meaning to take a swipe but it's the truth.

I've been a Caps fan for 20+ years and I do get the frustration from fans who've watched the heartbreak from this team in years past but honestly it is a different team. Even if they lose - it's still a different team. Even if they win - still a different team.

I do have to thank the ignorant posters for some of your rants about last night's game. It was amusing. Sure it was frustrating to watch one man beat the Caps for one night. The Caps didn't play bad. The only one who seemed average was Varly. I think he'll want to rebound.

If the Caps want to take any motivation coming into tomorrow night's game is to take in the fact that they have YET to play a home game in this series that was remotely good. They were unlucky last night but the team must know they put themselves into that position by coming out ON HOME ICE in game 5 asleep. Game 5 was the key. Montreal was due for a halfway decent home game. I think when they did step it up for the time they did - they were slightly better than they were in Game 4 at home. They were due and the Caps I think are due for a good home game in this series - at least they better show it because this is it for now.

DROP THE PUCK ALREADY.