Brian Engblom on WPL, Fan Photos

Versus NHL Analyst Brian Engblom was on Washington Post Live to talk about the Capitals taking their 2-0 series lead to Pittsburgh for Game 3. Here's the video:

After the jump: two of the best mobile photos we received at capsphotos@wpost.com during and after Game 2.

Mike Green during warmups. (Sent in by Cheryl Rush)

After Ovechkin's hat trick -- the cleanup. (Sent in by Dave Martin)

Any Caps fans heading over to Pittsburgh tomorrow night? We'd love to see your photos of Game 3.

Speaking of Game 3, we'll have all kinds of Caps-Pens coverage tomorrow, starting with a morning skate update from Mellon Arena.

By Lindsay Applebaum  |  May 5, 2009; 10:15 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Brashear: Re-Signing With Caps Is 'First Choice'
Next: Morning Reading List: Game 3

Comments

LET'S GO CAPS!!!

Posted by: ludeman95 | May 5, 2009 10:20 PM | Report abuse

I don't think that the peoblem was my computer, but the undulating sound on that video was painful to listen to.

Posted by: freakinandpeakin | May 5, 2009 10:22 PM | Report abuse

yeah that was "very ANNOYING to LISTEN to" haha

Posted by: ludeman95 | May 5, 2009 10:25 PM | Report abuse

Terrible sound! I'm glad it wasn't just my computer.

Posted by: BlondeCapsFan | May 5, 2009 10:28 PM | Report abuse

Ha, I thought it was just my computer! I've asked our video crew to see if they can fix... thanks.

Posted by: Lindsay Applebaum | May 5, 2009 10:33 PM | Report abuse

Anyone get the consensus on what the Pens fans think about Crosby crying about the hats? I ask because I've heard nothing.

Posted by: BernieWolfeFan | May 5, 2009 10:50 PM | Report abuse

that was a lot like a janpanesse movie dubbed in english. maybe you could turn the closed caption on :) i did get the gist though - it was the 'NHL's dream series'

Posted by: Capt_Kirk_in_AZ | May 5, 2009 10:59 PM | Report abuse

Bernie, last I knew everyone took what Crosby says as absolute fact. Therefore, they all happen to think that those evil fans in Washington threw extra hats on the ice just to be mean to the Penguins!

While I'd love for Crosby to come back so we can all do our best crying baby impressions, I'd much rather a 4 game sweep and some nice rest before the next round.

Posted by: RedBirdie | May 5, 2009 11:01 PM | Report abuse

most... annoying... audio... EVER! somebody screwed up...

Posted by: sargeantmofo | May 5, 2009 11:10 PM | Report abuse

I don't know about the hats, but they sure think Ovechkin was diving/embellishing to draw a penalty... but I can't find said penalty in the play-by-play for Game 2... At all... Anywhere...

Maybe it was the hooking penalty that Matt Cooke got called for in Game 1.

Ovi didn't draw any penalties in Game 2, though. Not according to the play-by-play, at any rate.

Silly Pens fans...

Posted by: irockthered | May 5, 2009 11:27 PM | Report abuse

If Sucksburg dissappear as a town, no1 would notice.
Classless teams for a classless no-name city.

Posted by: Rocc00 | May 5, 2009 11:30 PM | Report abuse

@irockthered, I think they're talking about a stick to the visor Ovie took in game 2. I haven't re-watched it, only read the discussion. No penalty was called; Pens fans say he dove to try and draw one, Caps fans say he was skating off balance already and the whack to the visor threw him off.

A lot of stuff went uncalled in game 2. The Pens got away with more than the Caps, though.

Posted by: RedBirdie | May 6, 2009 12:00 AM | Report abuse

Ovie seemed to faked a high stick and got a penalty.

I believe we also scored on it. Oh well, cry about it.

Posted by: richmondphil | May 6, 2009 12:12 AM | Report abuse

they did call a penalty? my bad.

Posted by: RedBirdie | May 6, 2009 12:22 AM | Report abuse

We could be talking about different incidences.

I just remember Ovie covering his nose, and on the replay I could not detect anything that hit him. Of course, I dont have DVR or anything, so I only saw the replay once. A high stick was called I believe.

Posted by: richmondphil | May 6, 2009 12:26 AM | Report abuse

might be the same one. I read a lengthy discussion on it in the comments section at JP's, but my brain is quite fried. The guys that DVR'ed it said the high stick clearly struck Ovie in the visor and would have done some serious damage if he didn't wear a visor.

Posted by: RedBirdie | May 6, 2009 12:34 AM | Report abuse

Wings just got screwed, haha.

Posted by: richmondphil | May 6, 2009 1:32 AM | Report abuse

Someone mentioned the lack of a Kunitz suspension as a reason why the NHL would always be the "joke" sport (I'm paraphrasing). Just for kicks, let's look at its competitors:

Baseball, with its mass steroid allegations of top players, including one who is often touted as the best all around player in the league.

Basketball, with its referee scandal where one of its top referees was placing bets on games he was reffing. And then there's the alleged "extend series to 7 games" scandal, supported by a referee - sound familiar?

Football, with its top team illegally taping opposing team's practices and stealing their signals, one of its well known quarterbacks being involved in dog fighting, and other players constantly in law trouble due to illegal firearm and drug possession.

No professional sport is going to be without scandal. The brass suck, but that's because you have to have serious brass to put yourself in a position that you will receive no praise for, regardless of your actions. To make matters worse, any mistake you make is ballooned by media and fans into something much worse.

That all being said, the decision sucked and was the wrong one. Stop sending an inconsistent message NHL, before the favoring star players and extending series to 7 games theories pick up any more steam.

Posted by: Raber | May 6, 2009 3:59 AM | Report abuse

Wow, according to the latest odds, Pittsburgh is favored more than 3-2 to win this game. I might have to place a wager on the Caps.

Posted by: Thundershock | May 6, 2009 5:10 AM | Report abuse

Mike Green looks pale and skinny; he's definitely getting over something.

Posted by: theskinnypost | May 6, 2009 9:30 AM | Report abuse

3-2 isnt a favorite. winning three while putting up two. 2-3 is a favorite. winning two by putting up three.

but i dont know what you are looking at. all i see is the 3-2 number you put up there

Posted by: makplan20002 | May 6, 2009 9:45 AM | Report abuse

I was thinking green looked chunky this season. I remember seeing him a Clyde's a couple years ago and he looked like a little kid. Then last game they showed the flashback to the Cribs episode with him and Laich from last year and he looked much lighter than he has this year around the face area. But I havent seen anything to compare last week to this week. I guess I'm just making another weight based observation. I remember thinking lately that he has some dark circles/bags under his eyes

Posted by: makplan20002 | May 6, 2009 9:48 AM | Report abuse