Fedorov out, Aucoin In

Sergei Fedorov will miss his second consecutive game tonight with "flu-like symptoms," Coach Bruce Boudreau confirmed moments ago. With Fedorov out, Hershey recall Keith Aucoin will suit up and face his former team.

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  March 14, 2009; 5:13 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Brashear out and Other Notes
Next: Tonight's Lineup: Hurricanes at Capitals

Comments

Hi Tarik, do you think Neuvirth'll get a start in the back to back this week? How about the first game vs Atlanta?

Posted by: ToddShishler | March 14, 2009 5:21 PM | Report abuse

Is Nylander in? If so, we are very strong at center again. I don't like only having two offensive-minded centers dressed, as is normally the case when Nylander sits.

Backstrom, Nyls, Steckel, and Aucoin may be more productive than Backstrom, Fedorov, Steckel, Gordon.

Depth at center is almost as important as having a hot goalie this time of year.

Posted by: notfadeaway | March 14, 2009 5:25 PM | Report abuse

Looking at the standings, I think it would be sweet if Florida made the playoffs and either the gay, flightless fowl or NYR got bumped out. Two reasons: more respect for SE division & comeuppance for arrogant Pens or Rangers.

Posted by: KlayKey | March 14, 2009 5:38 PM | Report abuse

Looks like the Pens just lost to Ottawa in the Shoot Out.

Posted by: MReilly9 | March 14, 2009 5:50 PM | Report abuse

I'm on the no booing ticket. These guys are way ahead in their division, 2nd in the league in PP's, Have the leading goal scorere and the most exciting team in Hockey, and are in 3rd/2nd place in the conference. Slump or not, booing is out of the question. Bandwago fans are identified by that behavior. We should make it BOP A BANDWAGONER NIGHT at all home games from here on out. Oh, and I had an incident with a leaner. Totally took up half the offensive zone and wouldn't respond to politeness, and then got rude with me. Did I mention he was wearing a Nats hat? Had I not used a favor, dude would have been looking for his hat 2 levels down. WOrst part was that he had his kid with him. What do thee idiots think they're teaching their children by engaging in social rudeness? Had I not relocated, things were going to go bad.
I hate rude dorks. Thats the trouble with DC/Md/Va: too many degrees from too many high school nerds who never learned social skills by being excluded. Now, they're adults with marginal or notable success and think they're tough and above being in a scrap.
When he glared, I reminded him this wasn't baseball.

SIT BACK PEOPLE. I Didn't pay to see the back of your head.

Posted by: oo7 | March 14, 2009 5:51 PM | Report abuse

On CSN Sportsnite, Lisa Hillary said air temps at VC are already hot - slush for ice tonight :-(

Posted by: CommanderX-2 | March 14, 2009 6:10 PM | Report abuse

Tom Poti will not be a happy camper.

Posted by: rh71 | March 14, 2009 6:28 PM | Report abuse

Hershey is playing tonight. Does anyone know if Varly will be on goal? Hope so.

Posted by: caraveli | March 14, 2009 6:30 PM | Report abuse

Caps fans should bring in some dry ice and fans to cool down Verizon Center. =P

Best of luck, Caps! Win it for the home team! And if it doesn't go our way, VC, let's not boo our guys. We know how we felt when they lost the last 4 home games. It's not a good feeling for anyone so root them on to victory!

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | March 14, 2009 6:34 PM | Report abuse

what's the deal w/ S. Varlamov? when we gunna see him?

Posted by: jkallen001 | March 14, 2009 6:39 PM | Report abuse

No offense to anybody wanting a Varlamov update but I think I'd rather hear how Pothier is doing. He's more likely to help us this postseason than Varlamov. Not saying Varlamov won't see ANY action but Pothier could potentially play every game whereas we know Varlamov won't unless there's an injury. Theo is playing really well right now so lets hope that doesn't happen either.

Posted by: pokerface1208 | March 14, 2009 6:47 PM | Report abuse

Tarik's posted lineups.

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | March 14, 2009 6:50 PM | Report abuse

Boy am I liking seeing those Canes on their CANS in front of the net. Wow is Jurcina ever coming into his own. Over the past 10 games he has really stepped his game up! We need it, way to go Juice!

Posted by: pokerface1208 | March 14, 2009 8:18 PM | Report abuse